Looking for Users of Nexxus Therappe Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
:) My friend bought me the the 1.3 Liter bottle of Nexxus Therappe for my birthday (I wanted Humectress, but I am happy for the Therappe just the same).

I love Nexxus Humectress and Kheraphix but have never used the Therappe before.

My staple shampoo has been CON for fine, limp hair. I recently used the ORS Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo for the first time and I liked it.

I am almost 9 weeks post and I have been cowashing 2x a week and shampooing every other week. My hair texture is listed in my siggy. I believe I am 4a/b.

If you use it or have used it, what are your opinions/comments?

TIA

I love Humectress but I don't care for Therapy. For some reason this shampoo don't agree with my hair. Although it does moisturize and cleanses well, it don't detangle and give me the slip that I need. I use it rarely.

I used a sample of it, and to me it performed more like a clarifiying shampoo. My hair didn't feel stripped per se, but it just got it a little too clean without the level of conditioning I need. I'll stick with my beloved CON for softness and slip.

I've used CON and Nexxus shampoo and I like them equally. :) I just happen to like to buy my haircare items in large sizes if I can and that is why the liter of Nexxus edges out the smaller bottles of CON.

This was my staple shampoo for a while. I love the way it makes my hair feel moisturized and clean. It alsom smells great and I love the suds :) But it just wasn't giving my hair the slip and detangling that I needed, so I've since switched to CON in the green bottle.

But I still use Therappe to wash out my Emergencee treatments.

Adrian said:
I love Humectress but I don't care for Therapy. For some reason this shampoo don't agree with my hair. Although it does moisturize and cleanses well, it don't detangle and give me the slip that I need. I use it rarely.

Same here. I am not a Nexxus fan. Not since they hit mass retail anyway. :nono:

Other than the fact that i find that it doesn't lather as much as other shampoos ( i love lots of foamy lather) it's a good product. wasn't drying at all.

I use Therappe occasionally, and I like it. It was the 'poo that started me on my healthy hair/self-styling journey. I like a really clean scalp so it's done well for me. It detangles just fine for me, and I haven't had any dryness issues with it.

I never used Therappe but I do use Theratin Extra Moisturizing Shampoo from the Nexxus Phyto Organics line and I love it. Its my staple poo now and it smells so good and is very moisturizing. I guess its an organic version of Therappe and it's cheaper:D! I cant really compare the two though so sorry...

My hair stylist used it on my hair last month and last Saturday just to appease me. He doesn't like the way it feels on my hair, and he has to work harder.

He even told me to touch it while I was at the shampoo bowl, and I didn't like the way it felt either. It doesn't have enough "slip or detangler agents;" therefore, he recommends that I bring back the Cream of Nature (Ultra Moisturizing/Detangler formula).

This has been my staple for years and I love it. It does lather as heavily as some other shampoos but those shampoos that do lather heavily are very drying to the hair. I have tried other shampoos but always come back to my beloved Therapee

Therappe was my staple shampoo. It was the best shampoo out of all the loads I'd tried.

I haven't tried the "new" version since it stopped being a salon only product, so I'm basing my review on the "old" kind that I have stockpiled. :lol:

I never found it to be drying. My hair always felt silky and moisturized but very clean after shampooing with Therappe.

I've moved on to the Nexxus Phyto Organics line now but I'm still using up what I have left of my old Nexxus.

Hmmm. So far I think I will shampoo lightly with the Therappe and if it can't stand alone I will do a second wash with CON. That should help it along :). My stylist does that often. He uses several different shampoos when cleaning my hair and the CON often is the last.

I recommend sticking to CON. I actually use Nexxus Therappe generally with every wash but I don't think it is anything special. It didn't give me slip like CON but its not horrible. Just ok:ohwell:

I have no dryness issues with therapee, I alternate between that and ORS POO, and the Con red Top, I love them all,

sexyaqr said:
This has been my staple for years and I love it. It does lather as heavily as some other shampoos but those shampoos that do lather heavily are very drying to the hair. I have tried other shampoos but always come back to my beloved Therapee

I agree. Although it may not be as moisturizing as some other shampoos, it moisturizes well enough to give me the slip I need. Unlike other moisturizing shampoos, it also doesn't leave a build-up over time. I always end up coming back to Therappe because the overall health of my hair is better when I use it consistently.

I will love it, it is one of my staples. I alternate between this, ORS Aloe poo and Sedal Anti Sponge. It is very mositurizing and gentle on my 4a fine hair

I alternate between this and CON in the green bottle. It's very moisturizing but I doesn't give the slip that CON does. But it is good none the less.

I don't like it...I'm just using it til it runs out. I'm very dissapointed too becasue with the exception of Headress, I loove all Nexxus products. I get no slip, and it's not as moisturizing as I would like. I was thinking of trying NeXXus' Phyto line for my shampoo.

p31woman said:
I I was thinking of trying NeXXus' Phyto line for my shampoo.

I purchased the Phyto Organics Theratin a couple of weeks ago and I got the same results. It may work better for you though.

Therappe woked for me for a few times, but the it started to make my hair hard and tangled. I ended up selling and giing away 3-4 bottles of it.

joyous said:
I agree. Although it may not be as moisturizing as some other shampoos, it moisturizes well enough to give me the slip I need. Unlike other moisturizing shampoos, it also doesn't leave a build-up over time. I always end up coming back to Therappe because the overall health of my hair is better when I use it consistently.

This sounds promising! Thank you joyous!

Back