Looking for Stylist in North Carolina

neonbright

We just moved to North Carolina via Military and I am looking for a new stylist to do my touch ups and cute hairstyles. We are in the Havelock, New Bern, Moorehead, Cherry Point area. I know someone can help me.

I lived in Jacksonville and I can't think of a salon off the top of my head. If no one else has a suggestion, go check out the cosmetology school salon at Craven Community College in New Bern. The address is 800 College Court. I attended the cosmetology school and had no need for a salon.

There are quite a few salons in the Havelock, J'ville (Camp Lejeune), New Bern area. Ask around. I always found the people in that area to be very helpful to new folks in town.

Hope this helps!

Ms. Cleo said:
I lived in Jacksonville and I can't think of a salon off the top of my head. If no one else has a suggestion, go check out the cosmetology school salon at Craven Community College in New Bern. The address is 800 College Court. I attended the cosmetology school and had no need for a salon.

There are quite a few salons in the Havelock, J'ville (Camp Lejeune), New Bern area. Ask around. I always found the people in that area to be very helpful to new folks in town.

Hope this helps!

Well I do not need a salon, I will try the Community College out. I just need someone, I can trust to do my touch ups. My "stylist" I say in Missouri, didn't have her own salon, she had a area in a barbra shop, close to the base and she was great...

There is a salon in Havelock that just opened called Center Stage. They are a new salon. The owner just left her old shop but has alot of experience. She does what she is asked to do and cares about hair. She will even tell you no if it is going to damage your hair. I had her do a texlax on me last year and I was pleased.

dicapr said:
There is a salon in Havelock that just opened called Center Stage. They are a new salon. The owner just left her old shop but has alot of experience. She does what she is asked to do and cares about hair. She will even tell you no if it is going to damage your hair. I had her do a texlax on me last year and I was pleased.

Thanks dicapr for the info. I will have to look this up...

The salon I went to when I had a relaxer is Creative Touch. It is in New Bern off of Neuse Blvd. in front of Piggly Wiggly and Beauty World. The phone # (252) 514-2627, ask for Shona.

Thanks everyone for your response, now I feel better when it come to receiving my touch ups. I have asked some people in the area, some gave me the name and place where they go others didn't like it was a secret. But thanks again to my sisters on LHCF.:)

miss Congeniality said:
The salon I went to when I had a relaxer is Creative Touch. It is in New Bern off of Neuse Blvd. in front of Piggly Wiggly and Beauty World. The phone # (252) 514-2627, ask for Shona.

I tried that no luck... Any other places???

dicapr said:
Update: I now got to Center Stage, I got my touch up and love it. I had to go today and get a wash and roller set, because I have a really bad muscle spasem, Tina is too good. Thanks Dicapr...:):kiss:

If anyone is willing to drive to Greensboro, NC from wherever they are in NC, I would recommend Janice Richardson.

She does relaxed heads AND natural heads and she is NOT a cutter!!! My best friend is natural and I am relaxed and we both go to her. Janice does well by us both!!! That is what I recall most about her...in addition to getting my hair bone straight with absolutely no breakage or setbacks after going to her!!! She is old school in terms of loving moisture and getting the hair straight. She also will use a product or two if you bring it in to her shop.

She is good about using the ENTIRE system on your head when relaxing instead of one step or two. I know she uses Influance relaxers, but if you have your own and use the ENTIRE system, she might use that as well. Please don't quote me on that; just be considerate and ask her if she would be willing. She is a LYE beautician and knows how no-lye can dry the hair over time for some people. I drive 1.5 hours when we live in the US for relaxers from her. It's worth the drive for my peace of mind. Even though I do my own and have been doing so for over 3 years now (with 1 exception in 2007), I feel better at the length I am currently at when someone else does it. I am sure I will change with more length and confidence. She will also do low to no heat if you request it. Just let her know your chosen style, braidouts and twistouts included; she is sooo flexible.

You'll have NO regrets.

Blessing to us all as we grow long and healthy hair. I hope this helps someone....

Christi

Hello Everyone,
I used to live in Jacksonville, NC from 04-08 and the two hair salons I went to were Salon 360 on Gum Branch Road and Innovative Styles off Country Club Road and both salons were fantastic!! However, I am willing to drive to Greensboro if necessary :lachen: :lachen:

I have a friend who was considering going to this guy for a relaxer before she decided to stay natural. And as a natural, she'd go to Krika (MyHoneyChild product line chick) to get her hair done before she moved away.

Back