LOOKING FOR HELP!

notlikeyoudo58

ok so i went to a stylist almost two months ago. she told me my hair was damaged and proceeded to cut most of it off. i had the rihanna cut and then i shaved both sides and the back so that's natural [and the longer part on top is relaxed]. i bought an account to lhcf and learned some tips: i wasn't deep conditioning before but now i am. my routine is pre-poo with moisturizing deep conditioner/kemi oyl/pantene/coconut oil/tea tree oil [not all the time together but these are the products i use]; co-wash with aussie moisture conditioner; moisturize and seal with hawaiian silky 14 in 1 and kemi oyl; then i air dry. i clarify once a month with suave clarifier. i also started using ovation 2 weeks ago [1x a week, then wash the next day] and do protein treatments once a month with joico k-pak. i have thick hair. now i don't expect hair down my back, but i'm just not seeing growth in the relaxed parts. please help me with this problem! is my hair just not retaining length? what else can i do? my hair also suffers from dryness; what products do you recommend to combat this? here's what my hair looks like. thanks!

Last edited:
Well, first, after only a month it'll be really difficult to tell a difference in length. Most people only grow half an inch in a month's time, which isn't really that noticeable. If you're seeing changes in the health of your hair, then you're on the right track.

Do you have a deep conditioner? I don't see that listed in the regimen you gave. Since you're using the ovation, which is protein based, and the joico kpak you should make to sure to have a good moisturizing DC. If you do a search there are many threads with many different recommendations.

I agree with msa, it's hard to see progress after only a month or two, but you're on the right track. Your hair is becoming healthier; keep doing what you're doing, and the length will follow.

Well, first, after only a month it'll be really difficult to tell a difference in length. Most people only grow half an inch in a month's time, which isn't really that noticeable. If you're seeing changes in the health of your hair, then you're on the right track.

Do you have a deep conditioner? I don't see that listed in the regimen you gave. Since you're using the ovation, which is protein based, and the joico kpak you should make to sure to have a good moisturizing DC. If you do a search there are many threads with many different recommendations.

thanks for responding! the conditioner i pre-poo with is a deep conditioner. i'm going to edit that.

ok so i went to a stylist almost two months ago. she told me my hair was damaged and proceeded to cut most of it off. i had the rihanna cut and then i shaved both sides and the back so that's natural [and the longer part on top is relaxed]. i bought an account to lhcf and learned some tips: i wasn't deep conditioning before but now i am. my routine is pre-poo with moisturizing deep conditioner/kemi oyl/pantene/coconut oil/tea tree oil [not all the time together but these are the products i use]; co-wash with aussie moisture conditioner; moisturize and seal with hawaiian silky 14 in 1 and kemi oyl; then i air dry. i clarify once a month with suave clarifier. i also started using ovation 2 weeks ago [1x a week, then wash the next day] and do protein treatments once a month with joico k-pak. i have thick hair. now i don't expect hair down my back, but i'm just not seeing growth in the relaxed parts. please help me with this problem! is my hair just not retaining length? what else can i do? here's what my hair looks like. thanks!

didn't you tell me your hair was also dry?

ok so i went to a stylist almost two months ago. she told me my hair was damaged and proceeded to cut most of it off. i had the rihanna cut and then i shaved both sides and the back so that's natural [and the longer part on top is relaxed]. i bought an account to lhcf and learned some tips: i wasn't deep conditioning before but now i am. my routine is pre-poo with moisturizing deep conditioner/kemi oyl/pantene/coconut oil/tea tree oil [not all the time together but these are the products i use]; co-wash with aussie moisture conditioner; moisturize and seal with hawaiian silky 14 in 1 and kemi oyl; then i air dry. i clarify once a month with suave clarifier. i also started using ovation 2 weeks ago [1x a week, then wash the next day] and do protein treatments once a month with joico k-pak. i have thick hair. now i don't expect hair down my back, but i'm just not seeing growth in the relaxed parts. please help me with this problem! is my hair just not retaining length? what else can i do? my hair also suffers from dryness; what products do you recommend to combat this? here's what my hair looks like. thanks!

It took me at least 3-4 month to find the regimen that even works, you have to give your self more time, and do more research.. Took me 2 months for me to even find out that my old moisture wasn't doing the trick.. You maybe want try also include vitamins :yawn: Hopes that helps

Back