Looking for a Moisturizer

kenkaikim

Right now I am experimenting to find out what works best for my hair and my daughters hair. I've tried S-Curl as a moisturizer and it find it to be greasy. Maybe I'm using too much but I would prefer to use something else anyway. Is plain water followed by a creme moisturizer just as moisturizing as the S-Curl? I would like to use something that is cheap but effective. I would like to know what others, particularly 4a/4b's are using as their moisturizers.

I Use Pantene Pro-v (for Relaxed And Natural) Daily Oil Moisturizer. Its Not Oily But It Leaves Your Hair Soft And Shiny

Hi :wave:

I am a 4a and I use BB oil Moisturizer which is very cheap and it works well for me. I recently purchased a big bottle for like $3.00.

Many of the ladies just use the S-Curl for the roots/new growth to keep it soft and manageable but not as moisturizers.

Cheap conditioners, such as V05 and/or Suave can be used as decent moisturizers as well.

I think I'm a 4a. I use Hollywood Beauty's carrot creme mixed w/ Africa's best herbal "blend" - on damp and dry hair. My hair is moist & not greasy. HTH.

Now that I am thinking about it, I really don't have a moisturizer in my regimen per se. Ever since I started co-washing my hair daily, using good conditioners and leave-ins, I really didn't need them.

Sometimes I take a couple of drops of oil to my hair for sheen. When I wear my hair in a bun it is drenched with activator gel and vaseline.

Sometimes I just apply conditioner to my ends when I am too lazy to do anything else.

When I was in braids, I was moisturizing with S-Curl and Oil.

MeccaMedinah, what is Africa's Best herbal blend? Is it the same as Africa's Best Herbal oil? I already have Hollywood's Beauty Carrot Creme so I would like to try your suggestion.

Elasta QP recovery is a great moisturizer and it also works very well when mixed with Africas best herbal oil.

my sister recommended Africas Best Shea butter tea trea moisturizer and I plan to try that next.

As far as the S Curl, I think maybe u might be using too much, bc when I use too much my hair feels greasy and hard(far from soft!) but when I dont use too much, especially when I dont have any buildup on my hair, it works great. I also think it works better on wet or slightly damp hair than dry hair. I part my hair down the middle and use a quarter size amount on each side.

Lately I've been using Optimum Oil Therapy Dry Hair Healer. It contains jojoba, olive, coconut, and avocado oils as well as mineral oil and petrolatum. Despite the "bad ingredients" it works well for me. It leaves my hair soft and easy to comb through. I also like African Pride Blends Soy Replenisher for the same reason. They both deflate my hair and make it very sleek. The Soy Replenisher helps to smooth down my edges. My other favorite is KMS silker 2-in-1 shaping creme. It's good at softening the hair. I use it to soften and smooth new growth.

Back