Looking for a good moisturizing leave in

mrshicks2002

I am looking for a good leave in that doesnt have alot of protein in it, that I can follow up with after doing a deep conditoner that has protein in it since its always best to follow up with a moisturizing product after using a protein product. Silk proteins will be fine because they are moisturizing proteins.

I don't know ur hair type but have you thought about NTM Silk Leave-in or Lacio Lacio Silk Leave-in.

I like fanatasia IC aloe moisturizing leave-in, I stopped using it because it did not have the ingredients posted on the bottle, but now that they do, its back on my list of staples... its liquid though, most people dont like liquids, if you want a creamy on, most people like NTM silk touch, or rusk

Well my favorite is Optimum Care conditioning leave in (spray). I have look so hard for the right moidturizer since I came here and I finally found it. This I use everytime I think my hair needs a boost of softness. I wash twice a week, do a protien treatment once a week and after i get out the shower I spray this on my wet hair and seal with Botanicals 3 in 1 oil(spray) and I;m set til next wash. This one is really nice for me. I'm glad I found it.
But If you're looking for a cream then theres Profective Breakfree or Breakcure(i forget the ending of it) and Profecive Healthy ends. Elasta QP Mango Butter is nice too. Another spray alot of ladies like here is that Dove Moisture Mist. That's all I can think of right now but theres alot of them to choose from. I hope you find the right one for you.

I just found this list from aother member here. I emailed to myself along time ago.

Protein Moisturizers

Cantu Shea Butter Break Cure
Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Profectiv Mega Growth and Healthy Ends

Protein Leave Ins:

Infusium 23
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In
Salerm 21(moisture w/ protein)
Nexxus Headress (moisture w/protein)
Mane N Tail (Conditioner can also be used as leave in)
Profectiv Break Free Leave In

Last edited:
homegirljiggy said:
I like fanatasia IC aloe moisturizing leave-in, I stopped using it because it did not have the ingredients posted on the bottle, but now that they do, its back on my list of staples... its liquid though, most people dont like liquids, if you want a creamy on, most people like NTM silk touch, or rusk

I co-sign. Fantasia IC Leave in Moisturizer w/Aloe Complex is amazing! My scalp is very dry and it does the trick for me...

Paul Mitchell The Conditioner has been my fave leave-in for years, even back when I was natural :) I guess it'd be safe to say it's my HG.

Thanks everyone for the replies as I have been seeing that alot of people love the Lacio Lacio on this board so I think I am going to give it a try.

Back