Look what these Caucasian ladies were saying about MTG

C

chica_canella

This is an excerpt.

"They have a small 6 oz for less than $10 and the larger one for $16.95 I think. I just got that. I didn't want to be on a roll and then have to order more.

The person who told me about it wa bi-racial and posted on a "black hair care" forum. So I went there and read about their success with it. And when I talked to the person on the phone at Shapelys, they told me a lot of women are ordering it for themselves and they are getting ready to do there own study on human b/c of the success on human hair. Now they said the women are all mostly African American so I think the secret just hasn't gotten out yet.

MTG is a sulfur oil based product. "

Here's the link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/viewthread.php?tid=12087

I just thought it was funny how Shapley knows the race of those who write in about there "fantastic results." This is the reason they kept raising their prices. Supply and Demand.
:)

Yeah, I just had to shake my head at this. Maybe I am being to sensitive. So I will just leave it alone.

Letitia said:
Yeah, I just had to shake my head at this. Maybe I am being to sensitive. So I will just leave it alone.

Mmmmm, Master Yoda says this Letitia...wise one she is!! :lol:

chica_canella said:
This is an excerpt.
chica_canella said:
"They have a small 6 oz for less than $10 and the larger one for $16.95 I think. I just got that. I didn't want to be on a roll and then have to order more.

The person who told me about it wa bi-racial and posted on a "black hair care" forum. So I went there and read about their success with it. And when I talked to the person on the phone at Shapelys, they told me a lot of women are ordering it for themselves and they are getting ready to do there own study on human b/c of the success on human hair. Now they said the women are all mostly African American so I think the secret just hasn't gotten out yet.

MTG is a sulfur oil based product. "

Here's the link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/viewthread.php?tid=12087

I just thought it was funny how Shapley knows the race of those who write in about there "fantastic results." This is the reason they kept raising their prices. Supply and Demand.
:)

Interesting "little" site; sort of puts to rest the idea that "other" women's hair just grows and grows due to genetic make-up. Hair health and growth to lengths just takes consistent care.

I think it's hilarious that there's a hair conspiracy and we're not sharing...hahaha. The people at Shapelys aren't dummies...it would make sense to know who your consumer is so that you can better market the product...a yr. from now there with be a Shapelys MTG Growth Potion.

Hahahaha...:D

cmw45 said:
I think it's hilarious that there's a hair conspiracy and we're not sharing...hahaha. The people at Shapelys aren't dummies...it would make sense to know who your consumer is so that you can better market the product...a yr. from now there with be a Shapelys MTG Growth Potion.

Exactly, and it ain't gonna be cheap.:cool:

Nothing to add on topic...was just reading and saw VWVixxen's siggy pic for the first time and it just made me teary-eyed! Not one face isn't glowing and happy as heck in that pic!

Go Vixxen girl! I am sooooooo happy for ya!!!

p1

chica_canella said:

:lol: At least the woman used the PC term "African-American." That was nice to see.

VW, you look amazing in that siggy pic!!! What a beautiful, blushing bride! :) Congratulations sweetie!:D

Letitia said:

Well, the ladies from this website has been buying a lot of MTGs. Sometime you can tell a person's race by their voice or name. So there may be some truth to AAs being their main consumers.

By the way your hair is absolutely fab Letitia.

Maybe I missed something but I wasn't offended by this statement. It seemed to me they were just stating something that's true -- a lot of black women have been using MTG...what did I miss:confused: ? And eventually, just like Mane and Tail the product will be marketed towards humans because of the success they're already having with the product in the human market. Honestly, I were shapeley's I'd market to humans (especially black women) too. Sulfur has been used in black hair care products for a while -- it's well known that it works. Soooooooo I guess I don't see what the problem is. :confused: :perplexed

Chayil

That's funny since white women were using this way before black women. It's just black women who were the ones calling the company to ask about the product (which they should STOP doing).

caligirl2385 said:
my co-worker is caucasian. she has a ranch and is familiar w/ mtg. she told me she uses it on her hair too.
what does her hair look like? healthy, long? messed up?

prissygirl114 said:
Well the prices went up already. It is now $19.95 for a 32oz bottle instead of 16.95 :(

And it gonna keep going and going and going as long as people keep going to them with their testimonials.

No offense to anyone, but once businesses find out that white people are buying their product, they jack the prices. They know white people make up the #1 consumers in expensive hair products. Not that we don't buy them, just that white people tend to buy them more.

So seeing MTG getting press from white people kind of bothers me. No I am not offended or anything, just thinking about things economically.

cmw45 said:

yeah or Phizer will demand the claims be tested by the FDA and you'll have to get a script...oh wait lemme hush before they take Monistat off the market:lol:

LocksOfLuV said:
They know white people make up the #1 consumers in expensive hair products. Not that we don't buy them, just that white people tend to buy them more.

I beg to differ on this statement. My marketing book says different..

Keen said:
Well, the ladies from this website has been buying a lot of MTGs. Sometime you can tell a person's race by their voice or name. So there may be some truth to AAs being their main consumers.

By the way your hair is absolutely fab Letitia.

Thanks Keen.:)

honeycomb719 said:
I beg to differ on this statement. My marketing book says different..

I agree honeycomb719. African American Women spend more on hair products because our hair quote, unquote, requires more maintenance:)

No, it wasn't that her post was offensive. The fact was that they know who is buying their product because of these testimonials.I mean, if it's great, they don't need to know. They'll know already because they sales have sky rocketed. If it's great, that's good but the more you let them know, the more they are going to raise prices because they know we are almost in a way going to buy it regardless.

That's the EXACT reason why even thought I've already bought the 6oz. bottle, and used it once, I just purchased the 32oz. big bottle before the prices skyrocketed!!

tsmith said:
I agree honeycomb719. African American Women spend more on hair products because our hair quote, unquote, requires more maintenance:)

we spend more money on everything in general. we really should save more but that's another topic :)

i really didn't have good results with mtg. maybe i'll try to make my own sulphur mix after the delivery

Well, I'm not going to make a homemade version vs making Shapley's richer. You need to consider this as well.;)

Back