Look what I found in my hair?! YUCK!

Fine 4s

LINT balls?
I've been using a scarf at bedtime. OK, a cotton scarf :S

The back of the scarf left the hair exposed so could it be, the cotton scarf, the cotton shirt I wore throughout the day or the bed linen?

I got it blowdried on the 18th! I've been braiding it and curling the hair at night and wearing my hair big during the day. (yes, I'll post pics).

Attachments

• Lint in hair 1.jpg
    Lint in hair 1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Lint in hair.jpg
    Lint in hair.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 166
  • More lint.jpg
    More lint.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 149
Oooh, that's a lot of lint girl. Get you a silk or satin scarf ASAP, lol:grin:

Your hair is beautiful even with lint.:grin:

ETA....do you use heavy products (grease, butters, heavy oils)...those will attract lint if you use a lot of it, especially anything w/ petroleum in it.

Yeah I get those little lint balls in my kitchen all the time, usually from scarves. I almost always have my hair covered especially in the cold weather, but the tiiiiiny little coils in the back always catch some fluff from somewhere.

There was one night where I braided my hair in two braids and the ends were exposed with no perm rod at the end (and of course the open back scarf). I had no idea lint could quickly accumulate.
I need a silk scarf huh?
OK.

ETA I thought the scarf thing was mainly to protect against breakage well...live and learn.

Last edited:
Yeah - my hair collects lint amazingly quickly, esp at the nape! A closed, non-cotton scarf is crucial - esp. during the winter when I sleep on flannel. :yep:

There was one night where I braided my hair in two braids and the ends were exposed with no perm rod at the end (and of course the open back scarf). I had no idea lint could quickly accumulate.
I need a silk scarf huh?
OK.
Well maybe not....now that you said your ends were exposed that was most likely what caused the lint.

I sleep on fleece sheets so when i don't cover my hair there will be lint.

Yeah - my hair collects lint amazingly quickly, esp at the nape! A closed, non-cotton scarf is crucial - esp. during the winter when I sleep on flannel. :yep:
Ha Ha, i just posted about my fleece sheets. I have the nerve to have fleece pillowcases too:perplexed.

Oooh, that's a lot of lint girl. Get you a silk or satin scarf ASAP, lol:grin:

Your hair is beautiful even with lint.:grin:

ETA....do you use heavy products (grease, butters, heavy oils)...those will attract lint if you use a lot of it, especially anything w/ petroleum in it.

I got it done on Thursday and on Saturday I put a nickle size of Qhemet Amla Heavy Cream and nothing since. Last night after I removed the lint I put polishing gloss on it.

Cotton scarves and shirts? :look: My only suggestion is that if you don't want lint is to at least sleep on satin or silk sheets / pillowcases or place your hair up in a silk/ satin scarf at night. Shoot, I'd take all that hair in any case...lint balls and all! :lachen:

well at least you found it b4 going outside:blush: I hate seeing lint on people's heads, it's like they woke up and left for outside w/o looking at a mirror first. Btw your hair looks nice.

My son get's these all the time!!! He's 4 and rolls around in the carpets while playing. It can be hard to get it all out of his coils, so I've been twisting his hair lately and that has helped some.

OMG!!!! A cotton scarf nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

LOL, but wow this is what I'm afraid of when my hair grows. YOu should see how I flinch when I wear my hair out and it touches my wool cool (lint city).

Were you wearing a sweater? If I am putting on clothes with loose fibers, I drape a silk or satin scarf over my head first. I try not to let my hair touch the clothing without checking for fuzzballs. It is difficult to avoid fuzz during the winter months.

My youngest daughter gets those lint balls at the top of her plaits all the time and most of the time they appear overnight, making it look like I haven't done her hair. UGH :wallbash:

Back