Look what Fantasia IC did to my hair!!!

neenzmj

So, yesterday I took the time to rollerset my hair (I'm natural, so most days I wash and go.) Went out for a jog yesterday and got a good sweat so I knew my hair was going to give me some challenges at the roots. I was too tired to do much to it last night, so I put it in a loose ponytail and put my satin bonnet on and went to bed.

I still had lots of curls the next morning, but the poofiness level was high. I figured since my nice rollerset was gone, I'd experiment (mind you, all of this is right before work.) I took small sections of hair and put IC on each section, then twirled the section around my finger to make a spiral curl. I left it like that as I drove to work and it was dry by the time I got there. We have a blowdryer in our fitness room at work, so I used the blowdryer to loosen the curls and then separated them. I sort of finger-combed the curls to style it like I wanted, threw on a scarf and was good to go. This is the first time I've had success with IC. I think I've found a new staple product!!

Here are the results: http://public.fotki.com/neenzmj/hair2007/

I just finished viewing your fotki, and you and your hair look great! I swear, you look every bit of 25. I would have never guessed that you were 40! Way to go!!!!!!!

Wow. That turned out very nice. You have beautiful hair. I might try this this weekend. What do put on your hair when you rollerset it?

I am getting a little frustrated with my natural hair. I have been damaging it because I flatiron it too much.

TSUprincess04 said:
I just finished viewing your fotki, and you and your hair look great! I swear, you look every bit of 25. I would have never guessed that you were 40! Way to go!!!!!!!

I agree! :yep:
You have beautiful hair! :)

BeaLady said:
Wow. That turned out very nice. You have beautiful hair. I might try this this weekend. What do put on your hair when you rollerset it?

I am getting a little frustrated with my natural hair. I have been damaging it because I flatiron it too much.
I use diluted Lottabody for my rollersets.

TSUprincess04 said:
Guess it's time to modify that -- 40 was three years ago! :)

bluwatersoul said:
Thats beautiful! It didnt make your hair dry?
Surprisingly, it didn't make it dry. I was concerned about that, too. Since I was "experimenting," I wasn't sure what all to put on it. I think next time I'll put a little moisturizer on it for good measure, but actually, it's really soft -- not dry or crunchy at all. In the past the gel has flaked a little when I mixed it with other products when my hair was wet. I'll need to figure out the right product combinations.

Honestly, I don't know. Previously when I had a relaxer, I'd have some areas where the curl pattern was very resistant, so it would always revert very easy when moisture was applied, but then I had other areas that remained straight.

What I used to do back then was set my hair when it was dry using the least amount of setting lotion possible (just enough to get it to stay on the roller.) That always gave me a nice result.

Thanks ladies. Since joining this board I've really learned a lot. It's really encouraged me to try new things and desire to take the best care of my hair possible.

I appreciate all the help I've received from you all.

neenzmj said:
I used the "hair polisher styling gel with sparkle lites."

I have that gel. I've never used it though. I'm glad you tried it. With the results you got, I'd be happy if mine could turn out half decent.

Back