Look how much this bottle of Surge sold on Ebay for..

That's weird... did they discontinue it or something?

That's what I've heard. Someone also mentioned that the company got bought out and till put the product back out there. I am not sure, but apparently it seems to be hard to find everywhere.

Wow, I was wondering what ever came of Surge. That bandwagon sort of died off after awhile. It used to be the growth product of the year back in the day. :lachen: Oh, but I also remember how Surge was burning up people's necks and causing rashes and such. Memories . . .:lol:

Wow, I was wondering what ever came of Surge. That bandwagon sort of died off after awhile. It used to be the growth product of the year back in the day. :lachen: Oh, but I also remember how Surge was burning up people's necks and causing rashes and such. Memories . . .:lol:

You know that is why I did not use it. I got a set of braids and used it on my scalp one time in a small section as a test. My scalp was burning like crazy! Someone suggested it was because I had just gotten braids and that my scalp was sensitive. I never tried it again to find out. I don't need to feel burning and irritation more than once!!

I still use surge and I can get it for £3.99 down my hair store....
Hmm...I do think it is time to put some products up ebay ...

It's funny that the seller is in Mitchellville, MD. There's a store in that neighborhood that carries Surge 14 for a little less than the listed shipping price of $6.95.

Girl you just had to post this. I didn't put up my 6 bottles but damn $50 is crazy. I know someone who can sell me an additional case cheap. I better go buy it.

Yeah, the person bid $50.00 but did they actually pay for it? I can't believe this. Surge is EVERYWHERE in my area.

Yeah, the person bid $50.00 but did they actually pay for it? I can't believe this. Surge is EVERYWHERE in my area.

That's exactly what I was thinking...the winning bidder has 0 feedback but has been a member since 2006 :ohwell: In my ebay experience as a seller those buyers NEVER pay for the item they just like to play around and bid...you send them payment reminders and eventually you have to relist it and sell it to another bidder....I stopped accepting bids from people with no feedback because of all of the nonpaying bidders

That's exactly what I was thinking...the winning bidder has 0 feedback but has been a member since 2006 :ohwell: In my ebay experience as a seller those buyers NEVER pay for the item they just like to play around and bid...you send them payment reminders and eventually you have to relist it and sell it to another bidder....I stopped accepting bids from people with no feedback because of all of the nonpaying bidders

Yep, I was thinking the same thing too.:perplexed MAN with $50.00 I could have got a Phyto relaxer or 3 big 60ozs of silicon mix:drunk: Mmm...even some jockery itch cream, MN,and some over off brand MN:spinning:

Last edited:

I know! I work over by Hopkins Bayview girl and all of the BSS near Dundalk have it. I went in there to buy 4 bottles and the guy told me that he does not sell much of it, but the people who use it swear by it, coming in all the time. He told me that he even has a guy that comes in there all the time to get it.

I bought 4 bottles and sold them on Ebay that same day - Made $25. I WOULD NOT sell that freakin' stuff for $50 a bottle. My heart would not let me cheat somebody like that!!! But a $25 profit in just a few hours is nice. :)

It's funny that the seller is in Mitchellville, MD. There's a store in that neighborhood that carries Surge 14 for a little less than the listed shipping price of $6.95.

She may have even got it from there! :lachen: I cannot hate on that profit she made. I just could not find it in my heart to do it.

Well, the auction started out lower. The seller can't help it is folks bid it up like that.

I read that Surge was not really discontinued....that was just a rumor. I thought that was the case cause it's heavily stocked at a couple of my local BSS. I will say though that you must be careful with Surge. I recently found I bought two bottles from different stores that had different ingredients. I used the bad one and was wondering why my hair wasn't detangling and was acting funky. Just as I was about to give up on Surge, which I had been successfully using for the past year and a half, I decided to pull out the other bottle. I don't know why but something made me compare the ingredients and they were totally different. I was p.o.'d to say the least. I will not be purchasing from the BSS where I bought the bad one anymore!!! Be careful ladies!!!!

Last edited:
sumthin just ain't right with them right now.

Even is they are not discontinuing, I guess people in some areas are having a hard time finding the product.

One BSS near my house has a Surge display that is just empty. They have had it there for months. They have not removed it though, so maybe they are anticipating a shipment. I dunno.

I read that Surge was not really discontinued....that was just a rumor. I thought that was the case cause it's heavily stocked at a couple of my local BSS. I will say though that you must be careful with Surge. I recently found I bought two bottles from different stores that had different ingredients. I used the bad one and was wondering why my hair wasn't detangling and was acting funky. Just as I was about to give up on Surge, which I had been successfully using for the past year and a half, I decided to pull out the other bottle. I don't know why but something made me compare the ingredients and they were totally different. I was p.o.'d to say the least. I will not be purchasing from the BSS where I bought the bad one anymore!!! Be careful ladies!!!!

WOW!:shocked: I just bought a bottle of Surge myself. It was very hard to find. Would it be possible for you to post the ingredients so I can figure out if I have the real product or not? I bought this to use on my ddz edges. I'm glad I waited to try it.

TIA

They did have 2 different formulas. They changed the formula after the product had been out for a while. I like the old formula better, it gave me better results.

Back