LONG HAIR LADIES DO YOU SHED ALOT?

sterry

hey Ladies,

My daughter has a ton of 2a natural hair. I braid and have her sleep in a satin bonnet. She often wears her hair in a single ponytail braid with barrett only to secure the ends. By the end of the day, though I comb her hair slowly and spritz gently with water it looks as if she sheds a ton of hair!

Do you ladies see this as well when you comb?

I don't know what it is, but it does appear that the longer my hair gets, the more it sheds.

Yes, but I think it appears worse than it really is. The longer your hair gets the more the strands wrap around themselves, so what looks like a handful of hair is actually only about 15 strands.

I have always shed a lot! When I was a little girl, I remember my mother cleaning the brush after combing my hair, and it would the size of a baseball. I have always had a lot of hair so the loss never meant much.

camellia said:
Yes, but I think it appears worse than it really is. The longer your hair gets the more the strands wrap around themselves, so what looks like a handful of hair is actually only about 15 strands.

Agreed. If you actually take the time to unwrap the strands you see it usually isn't much hair at all.

Ah yeah. Mine sheds a lot when I wash it weekly and comb through it. It's isn't a lot of shedding anyway because it's normal.

I shed all the time. If you look in my fotki I there are some loose strands in the first picture. I shed the most during winter.

What is a lot? Of course when it comes to my hair I feel like every strand is valuable and I freak out when I see one fall. I always feel like a ton of hair is coming out, but I really have no way of knowing what is normal shedding. This is a picture of the shedding I had after I combed my hair out after a wash. Does this look normal? Or is this too much?

http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hair314009hz3.jpg

I shed huge tennis ball size lumps of hair :eek:
I only detangle once a week, so I guess the whole week's buildup comes out in one go.
When I detangled daily I still got a big amount. That's one reason I don't detangle every day. It's inevitable to pull out a few strands every time you comb it.

camellia said:
The longer your hair gets the more the strands wrap around themselves, so what looks like a handful of hair is actually only about 15 strands.
This is definitely true.

camellia said:

I agree with Camellia

camellia said:

I agree when I comb my hair I will get scared if I dont seperate the hairs and count them like 4 hairs looks like a lot to me since my hairs are so long and thick. I also check for the white bulb.:D

I shed a lot as well!! I used to be really scared because I didn't think it was normal. But it doesn't seem like my hair is getting less, so I guess it's just the way I am. I wish I didn't shed this much, though!

I guess that it looks like I shed a lot because my hair is longer. I don't think that I am shedding "more" than when I had short, damaged hair.

Plus, I wash my hair daily sometimes so of course I'm going to see more hair in my comb or tub. It's natural.

If you want you can bathe her hair in a shampoo and conditioner filled with garlic and onion oil. But then, she wouldn't have friends :lol: Just let your baby be.

Is APL considered long.

IF I go more than 5 days between washes, yes I shed a lot, but my hair is not notieably thinning or anything. I think b/c your hair is longer, you tend to notice it more. Lots of times when I untwine the strands, I see that it's just one or two strands but looks like 5 or 6.

HTH.

I detangle once a week, so yes I shed a lot. I'm not too concerned. My hair doesnt look any thinner, although its actually fine and thin :perplexed

I use to shed a WHOLE lot...I mean hair everywhere lol but once I got my regimen in order it seems to have cut down some

As far as shedding? Well, it's normal to shed. Just keep up with good hair care practice to keep it to a minimum.

I am about an inch from BSL and I just started shedding a lot more than usual. No change in diet, exercise or medicines. I am just as stressed as usual. I know that it is sheddage because of the bulb attachment, but I don't like this at all. I am wondering if it is because my hair has gotten longer....

if you see the white bulbs at the tips of the hair then it is shedd hair if not its breakage.eathier way it go,i shed most in the winter time.i dont shed much anymore on a daily basis anymore.ill do a protien treatment once a month...that has helped me with my shedding.but everyone hair is not the same.but yeah,shedding is normal.:rolleyes:

Back