Long 4c Hair Inspiration

She needs to clip that across at the waist.

She did a good job.

I thought 4b was the kinkiest. Is 4c really a thing?

Yes it does exist, and this is it. I've been subscribed to her channel for a while. She is definitely 4c. I'm a true 4b with some 4a and my hair looks nothing like hers when wet or dry and I have fine strands and a similar density like her..

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. It's rare to see 4b and 4c videos like this.

I do think there is a 4c. I'm a 4b and when I look at some hair it's definitely a smaller, tighter. URL than mine.

I thought she would give her a blunt cut. In a way I'm glad she didn't. She would have lost another 1 to 2 iinchds trying to even it out.

This stylist looks like she actually did trim versus American stylist who call a shape a trim and take too many inches off. With it curled up no one will know it's not blunt.

At first I thought this was a post for us to share our own pics! :laugh: But thanks for posting this video. She has hair just like me! And I took a quick look at her finger detangling video and we use the same process. I really do swear by finger detangling for retention.

I can't believe how straight the stylist got her hair. I wonder how long her hair lasted.

What's the difference between silk press and flat ironing? I didn't notice any difference in techniques, is it the products?

Isn't press/ silk press just another way to say 'straightening natural hair'? If I am wrong I'd also love to know the difference.

Every time I see a pic of someone who says they have 4c hair I'm like "I gotta stop thinking of my hair that way because my hair looks nothing like this." This is why I prefer to just say I have fractals and zigzags.

Typing is ridiculous.

I've been a subbie for some time now. She seems like such a sweet soul.

Glad to see her hair is thriving.

She does need to trim her ends to the waist though. . But since she doesn't wear it straight, its really not necessary.

my hair looks like hers. just way shorter. springy. i hope with length i'll get that kind of control even when its not straight

I u shaped cut would have really been beneficial to her hair. It might even be the way her hair grows naturally. I like that the stylist used very thin sections to flat iron her hair. Overall she has made great progress!

She seems to be a rare true 4C. I honestly don't know what my hair types is, 4B or 4C. My hair doesn't look like hers or 4b, maybe I have 4been or or 5a, LBVS!!!

@yaya24 @lushlady aww thanks guys!

I'm gonna try uploading a few from my phone right now. If this fails, I'll have to do the tinypic thing after work.

The first two and second to last pic are the resulting braid out (accidental... I intended to blow it out post-wash but then the definition looked too nice lol) from this Wednesdays wash. My signature pic and avi pic are dirty hair from this past Sunday when I was finger detangling for wash day. The very last picture is my hair from March 2015 to serve as a "progress pic." I can post more photos at another time but my mug is in all of them.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

ETA: Yikes... sorry they're so big. Didn't want to select thumbnail or they'd be too small...

:heart::gorgeous::drool:@Mische

Lovely head of hair!
Finger detangling is something I've been trying to stick with since the fall. Do you have any other retention tips you can share?

Back