Long 4a coily naturals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you OP and all the ladies that posted pics or links to their fotkis.

This is exactly the type of inspiration I needed. I've been wondering what my hair was going to look as it grew and even though its been barely a month since I BCd I can tell its definitely growing out and not down at least that is true in the nape. My 3C part (more S shape curl) is the crown forward and the very front is where most of my fine hair lives which is the frizzy part of my hair. I have a better understanding of my hair just from reading all the and looking at the pics. Now if I could just get that front part to behave and stop looking so wild all the time it would be great:lachen::lachen:. I know its a losing battle and will embrace it as is.

Wavy crown? Frizzy edges? Yep. Your hair sounds just like mine. :yep: I'm glad this thread helped you. It helped me understand my hair better too, and I've been natural for years. That's the beauty of LHCF and why I keep subscribing year after year.

Beautiful hair SEMO!

I'm always on the hunt for 4A coily naturals. Rustic Beauty on youtube is one of the longest I've seen. She's WL.

Our very own Shortiedowop is 4a I think and her hair is always an inspiration!
http://members.fotki.com/shortiedowop/

The longest 4a's that I have ever seen are Naturalremedy (http://members.fotki.com/NaturalRemedy2/about/) and Spiral (http://members.fotki.com/Spiral/about/). Spiral's coils hang so low they look like waves now. She contributes her texture change to henna.

Virtousjewel is my favorite 4a Lady (http://members.fotki.com/virtuousjewel/about/), but you have to be a fotki member to view her page.

Last edited:
I haven't taken any photos lately with stretched hair, but its probably about mid-back stretched. My hair has super shrinkage, so it's still near shoulder unstretched.

hey ya'll! i don't really have long hair (it's above bra strap length stretched), but i just thought i'd post a pic of it to chime in :). i think i'm mostly 4a with some unknown texture in the front/middle. it doesn't do anything i want it to. just sticks out when it dries! it's great to see other people's 4a textures/coils - i find it really inspiring with all the shrinkage we get to see that it does eventually start to look like it's growing. so, big thanks to everyone who posted already!

Attachments

• IMG_7303_2.jpg
    IMG_7303_2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 151
Wow, I'm so excited to do my hair now for the weekend after seeing all of these photos and fotki albums. Thanks everyone for sharing.

I'm going to go ahead and add two pics even though obviously there are people on this board with much longer hair. The first pic is a texture shot. My hair is slightly damp with nothing in it. This is the underside of my hair which is supercoily. I have seen some strands where the coil is barely wider that the tooth of a pick, super tight. In addition to being super coily, it's very fine and very frizzy. The second pic is my update claiming MBL from this June. So get excited ladies it can and will happen.

You've just described my hair to a tee! Your hair is beautiful!!

:thud: Absolutely beautiful!!! I have 4a hair and 3c mostly in the nape area. I hope to see my hair at this length soon.

Not sure if I qualify :look: (eveybody's idea of hair types seems different--to me 3c & 4a are the same thing), but here it goes:

traighteningmyhairApril2009002-vi.jpg

April2009017-vi.jpg

BraidoutMarch2009036-vi.jpg

traighteningmyhairApril2009009-vi.jpg

Thank you to all of you. This is such an inspirational thread, i had no idea i had so many cousins.

Me either!

but notice how none of our hair really looks exactly the same...

I wonder if it's like that for other textures too. Finding a TRUE hair twin must be like a once in a lifetime occurrence. :lol:

I am 4a with some 3c in the crown area. Some may say I'm 3c. But, I don't think so. As my hair gets longer the curls pull down more and more. You can see pics in my fotki, but I don't have a ton of close ups with wash-n-gos. I have mostly twist outs.

First two are from 2008. And last two are from this year. May and June. The last is with Cassia/Henna.

ETA: Last picture is from Cassia not Henna. First time I did Cassia then next two times Cassia/Henna (60%Cassia/40%Henna)

CarrieAmandaandIyetagainMedium.jpg

CelebrationonThursday002Medium.jpg

IMG00014200905152057-vi.jpg

Henna.jpg

Last edited:
I am 4a with some 3c in the crown area. Some may say I'm 3c. But, I don't think so. As my hair gets longer the curls pull down more and more. You can see pics in my fotki, but I don't have a ton of close ups with wash-n-gos. I have mostly twist outs.

First two are from 2008. And last two are from this year. May and June. The last is with Cassia/Henna.

ETA: Last picture is from Cassia not Henna. First time I did Cassia then next two times Cassia/Henna (60%Cassia/40%Henna)

View attachment 38566

View attachment 38568

View attachment 38570

View attachment 38572

GORGEOUS!!!!!

And to SEMO---your hair is BEAUTIFUL....so long and healthy. I LOVE IT!

Thanks Thaidreams for mentioning me/my fotki...I need to update it, though. I'm wearing twists today (first time in a lonnnnnng time, lol). Maybe I'll take some pics tonite and post :drunk:

Me either!

but notice how none of our hair really looks exactly the same...

I wonder if it's like that for other textures too. Finding a TRUE hair twin must be like a once in a lifetime occurrence. :lol:

:yep:

That's why type is not the only thing that matters. Texture, strand thickness, density... and not to mention, where the hair is on your head! Some of us have 3c canopies and temples/4a crowns and napes and others have 4a canopies and napes/3c crowns and temples. :lol:

Not sure if I qualify :look: (eveybody's idea of hair types seems different--to me 3c & 4a are the same thing), but here it goes:

Beautiful! My hair looks really similiar to your 1st pic. I can't wait for it to grow as long. Hopefully, it'll look as gorgeous as yours.

Beautiful hair ladies!!

I'm 4A, my hair is medium to long. Depends on what you consider long, it goes back and forth between bra strap and midback.

Ediese - You are officially my newest hair idol! :notworthy

I'm gonna try the denman one more time...

I was thinking a D3.

Which Denman do you guys use?

IA, to an extent. 3c and 4a are veeeeerrrrrrrry similar.

I have 3c up front and up top... I call it my canopy. The back/nape is 4a. The curls/clumps are pretty much the same size... but the 3c is slighly looser, less of a tight coil and more of an S-wave. That's the only difference I notice (other than the 3c being dryer), my hair overall responds the same to products. If I use my Denman, it all looks the same because the 3c areas will turn into spiral curls.

I see a lot of 4a, especially in the pics of the back of your hair. :yep: But, I see some 3c parts too. I think we have similar hair actually.

In any case, OP - if you take into account my 4a hair in the back/nape, I qualify and you can see my pics in my Fotki. ;)

I think this is a perfect description of the similarities/differences between 3c and 4a. A lot of people are usually really confused by that. I think my hair is all 4a almost identical to your and Semo's 4a curls in the back. I have no idea what the front of my hair is though. It's not 4b, but it still doesn't curl. It's a really loose wave..very weird. It's not even heat damaged.

I think this is a perfect description of the similarities/differences between 3c and 4a. A lot of people are usually really confused by that. I think my hair is all 4a almost identical to your and Semo's 4a curls in the back. I have no idea what the front of my hair is though. It's not 4b, but it still doesn't curl. It's a really loose wave..very weird. It's not even heat damaged.

Same here! It looks like you've gotten that part of your hair to behave though - what do you use to integrate the different textures when wearing your hair out/down? hehe :)

Ediese - You are officially my newest hair idol! :notworthy

I'm gonna try the denman one more time...

I was thinking a D3.

Which Denman do you guys use?

Aww...thanks!! :blush: I have a long ways to go before I'm on the level of greatness as these other women, but I'm definitely going to enjoy the journey! I can't wait to get there.

Same here! It looks like you've gotten that part of your hair to behave though - what do you use to integrate the different textures when wearing your hair out/down? hehe :)

I bought some really small perm rods from Sallys, and I use it in the front of my hair so that it curls the same. It ends up looking the same. The denman doesn't curl it because it has no curl pattern. lol I really hate that. I've been wondering if I cut it really low if it will grow back the same. :perplexed

I OFFICIALLY LOVE THIS THREAD.

So many beautiful heads of hair in here! :love: I think I am a 4A (won't know until I gain some length) and I am SO EXCITED to see all these gorgeous pictures!

I use the Denman 83. I don't use the smaller D4 anymore because my hair likes paddles brushes more now that it's longer.

I bought some really small perm rods from Sallys, and I use it in the front of my hair so that it curls the same. It ends up looking the same. The denman doesn't curl it because it has no curl pattern. lol I really hate that. I've been wondering if I cut it really low if it will grow back the same. :perplexed

hmmm, my gut tells me that it would. i've chopped my hair off twice and it grew out the same both times :yep: what i find so strange about my hair is that the different textures are almost like little cliques - they'll group together and not play nicely with the others. i have a pic in my profile page where the different textures have literally separated themselves from one another. makes wearing my hair out just a tad bit difficult :spinning: but i love it all the same. i just hope my hair keeps growing!

anyways, i was thinking about purchasing a denman - do you all find it to be as gentle as a wide tooth comb or does it serve a different purpose?

Well, it's settled then! I guess I'll be spending the day stalking Fotkis! :yep:

Great heads ladies, keep the pics coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back