Lonei's Relaxer using Kami's method! Pics

lonei

Hey guys

I self relaxed (ORS as usual) my hair today again but this time decided to use Kami11213’s method http://www.youtube.com/kami11213#p/u/14/kMjrIeJsbXM of parting from your forehead to the back of your head (down the centre as if you were going to make two pigytails) rather than parting from ear to ear. The reason why I opted for the change was because since I have had my son, I am trying to avoid getting any chemicals on my breasts as I am breastfeeding and with the previous method I had to get in the bath to wash it out, or bend over the bath backwards which left me in severe pain for days the last time I did it. Kami’s method was surprisingly easier than I thought and was much kinder to my back when it came to rinsing each side out. I used the shower cap on the other side and secured it with the clips used for rollersetting as she does. I didn’t however section the hair in as small sections as she did when she used rollersetting clips to hold multiple sections before she applied her relaxer. Instead, on the side I was working on, I parted it from ear to ear and began in the middle with 2 mirrors positioned accurately and worked my way down. I then left the edges till last and began working on the front section which I had previously clipped together. It took about 8 mins to apply the relaxer to that section, I then went back through smoothing and adding more relaxer as well as applying the relaxer to the edges in the last few mins. I leaned forwards and sideways over the bath and DH helped me to rinse it out using the handheld shower hose. I then applied shampoo (neutralising) to the hair and rinsed, applied some more and let it sit for 5 mins or so and then shampooed the whole head one last time. After completing the otherside, I towel dried and then added my semi-perm colour. I decided to switch things up a bit and bought a colour called Burnt Orange by Rage and React (Im use to using Brown) which seemed bright red when applying it to my hair-the colour only tends to show up in the light so we will soon see what it looks like. I sat under the dryer for 20 mins with the colour in then rinsed and shampooed and proceeded to deep condition. I conditioned the hair with the ORS Replenishing Pack, Porosity Control and Rosemary Oil (for shedding-I didn’t want to use the Garlic shampoo at this point to help with my post partum shedding because it might matt it up so the Rosemary Oil is an alternative) all in one for 20 mins under the dryer and then another 20 mins or so whilst I did stuff around the house. I then detangled under the shower, and the comb glided through! This is defiantely attributed to the new way I have relaxed my hair, the hair wasnt able to matt together in the same way it does when I for example relax the back first. I added my leave in (Giovanni Direct) and trimmed the hair wet. I trimmed off a lot more than I usually do as I wanted the ends to look a bit healthier than they have been. I proceeded to rollerset with Giovanni Frizz Be Gone serum and sat under the dryer for 2 hours. Lastly, I flat ironed the roots with my maxiglide and pincurled my hair for bed. I think it came out quite good praise God, especially since I am going through Post Patrum Shedding. God is good....

A special thank you to DH who helped me wash out the relaxer, take pics and look after DS for the whole day whilst I was doing my hair. I couldnt do it without his help. God bless

Pics below as well as a step by step guide in my fotki...

God bless

Last edited:
Thank you so much Kami! How long does this whole method take you, including colour and rollersetting/wrapping?

Thanks ladies

Looks good lonei,I'm to chicken to try self relaxing but good to know it is working for you! your hair looks thick and healthy :)

Your hair is breathtaking. Congratz on the little one. You're such an inspiration, keep up the incredible work!

Beautiful as always! I remember when you got married; now you have a little one? What a Blessing! Congrats!

Your hair looks so amazing:yep::yep::yep: Aren't you waistlength?

Thanks so much for sharing your "spa day" with us:grin:

It's kinda been waistline for a while but I want it to get there with thick blunt ends, then I will claim it. Spa day?! I wish! I actually contimplated getting it cut because of he time it takes but DH n I agreed that it's worth it as is only 4 times a year and the end result is cute. Thanks

Thank you so much Kami! How long does this whole method take you, including colour and rollersetting/wrapping?

Thanks ladies

Man, when I touch up its usually an all day process. From the time I first add the relaxer to when I wrap its about 5 1/2 hours :-/

Back