Lonei's Relaxer update and Porosity Control Review

gymfreak336 said:
Looking good. Porosity Control is really a lifesaver, I don't know how I went this long without it.

I wanted to try it from 2004 but after my Aphogee disaster I didnt want to apply anything else that seemed like it could possibly alter my texture for the worst again. I may add it to my wash regimen, if so, at what point would you use it?

newflowers said:
Your hair looks fabulous.

What differences do you see in yur hair using the Porosity Control as opposed to when you did not?

Thanks! My hair was super dry when I rinsed out the relaxer and even after i neutralised and i thought, oh boy, its gonna be one of those days! :mad:

But then came the PC and my hair was soft on contact, I left it on for about 5 mins with a plastic cap and it just felt very smooth, its usually very rough due to the underprocessed texture. The results definately lasted until after my DC because the comb almost glided through :D

LocksOfLuV said:
for some reason your password isn't working for me.

Fotki does that sometimes, keep trying...(if you copied and pasted you may have to write it out instead as it doesn't always work that way) :perplexed

Doll said:
Lonei, you hair is stunning! I love it. I could not imagine relaxing my hair although I really wish I could. Your results are FAB-U-LOUS! :notworthy

Okay, I'm slow ladies what is Roux Porosity Control used for? I am experiencing alot of shedding at this time and need all the help I can get! :(

Too funny, thanks :lol:. Im not an expert on the science of the Porosity Control but there are many threads here that explain it, do a search. I think it smooths the cuticle, cutting down on the hairs tangling around each other, I shed so much less after this. It helps the hair hold moisture better so it did take a bit longer than normal to dry...:ohwell:

imani97 said:
Looks great! You've convinced me to transition back to straighter hair after reading your journal on your fotki. My hair is a frizzy, puffy mess when it is wet instead of nice defined curls. Thanks for sharing your hair thoughts.

I know how frustrating texlaxed hair can be :wallbash:, good luck

Stunning hair Lonei! You are always an inspiration!

BTW, I used your self-trimming method and I am thrilled! Thanks for that info! :)

Very Beautiful Lonei :) I just may try the Porosity Control when it's time for my next relaxer. Thanx for the update!

lonei said:
Thanks! My hair was super dry when I rinsed out the relaxer and even after i neutralised and i thought, oh boy, its gonna be one of those days! :mad:

But then came the PC and my hair was soft on contact, I left it on for about 5 mins with a plastic cap and it just felt very smooth, its usually very rough due to the underprocessed texture. The results definately lasted until after my DC because the comb almost glided through :D

I relaxed on monday and got the same results after using porosity control, it's definitely a keeper. :up:

btw your hair is beautiful :love:

lonei said:
I wanted to try it from 2004 but after my Aphogee disaster I didnt want to apply anything else that seemed like it could possibly alter my texture for the worst again. I may add it to my wash regimen, if so, at what point would you use it?

I added it to my wash regimen after having good results with my relaxer. I add just a little to my conditioner and then I deep condition. It does a fantastic job!!!!

avyance said:
I added it to my wash regimen after having good results with my relaxer. I add just a little to my conditioner and then I deep condition. It does a fantastic job!!!!

Good idea, thanks!

your hair is fabulous! I use PC or Ensure about every other day. I'm not keen on the smell of PC, never was. but its definitly a cheaper alternative to Ensure! (anyone know if there's anything like ensure on the nexxus organic line?)

-A

Which PC do you use? I have the reconstructor and a conditioner. When you relax, do ya'll use the PC shampoo after the neutralizer or the PC conditioner? PC reconstructor?

Thanks so much in advance,

SP

Serenity_Peace said:
Which PC do you use? I have the reconstructor and a conditioner. When you relax, do ya'll use the PC shampoo after the neutralizer or the PC conditioner? PC reconstructor?

Thanks so much in advance,

SP

Thanks everyone, I used just the PC Conditioner

Gorgeous hair to match that beautiful voice!!! I've used PC during the neutralizing process for a while now. I wouldn't relax without it!;)

Back