Little Ones and their perceptions of God

Blackpearl1993

This thread is all about the funny things that kids say about God, church, and the Bible. Please share ladies, because we could all use a good laugh.

I'll start:

My DD is 6 and she says that God visits her when she's asleep. She said that He is very tall, wears neat sunglasses and has pretty white teeth. But most of all, she said that he loves to play and laugh with her.

DS is 4 and yesterday he said he was going to get married. He said, " I'm looking for a lady that doesn't believe in false gods, 'cause you don't want to be egg yoked (unequally yoked)" When I asked him more about his search, he sighed and looked at me like I had no idea what I was talking about. "Mommy I'm not looking for her RIGHT now, it's bathtime!"

DS is 4 and yesterday he said he was going to get married. He said, " I'm looking for a lady that doesn't believe in false gods, 'cause you don't want to be egg yoked (unequally yoked)" When I asked him more about his search, he sighed and looked at me like I had no idea what I was talking about. "Mommy I'm not looking for her RIGHT now, it's bathtime!"

Dont have kids but this was adorable! He's been taught well.

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

here's somethings that my 4 y/o niece has said recently not so much funny but thought provoking and truth ...

so she's writing something in her books and says out of the blue ..so auntie the bread and juice that we drink at church that's to keep the flesh down hey?

I wasn't feeling well sunday before last and she offered to pray for me a few minutes later I said, my stomach is hurting and she said but I just prayed...

this is the last one
she says I am writing you a letter so you wont cry and be sad when I go home and then she looks up at me and says I don't belong to you, I belong to Jesus and I belong to Caravel Beach (Caravel Beach is the street that she lives on)...

this little girl amazes me the things that she says, the only real introduction that she has had to God and church is when she is with me...last year she was with me for about three weeks and this year four months, it's a shame that we live on two different islands..

the other day I was coming down the stairs in high heels very gingerly becuase the steps are steep somehow I still managed to twist my foot but the pain didn't start until later that day after church, I'm standing in the kitchen doorway telling her mom and sister why I'm hobbling she hears me and the next thing I know I feel these little wet hands on both my legs and I hear her praying but I couldn't understand anything she was saying until she said, 'in Jesus name, Amen!

So I said Vantae what did you put on my legs and she says lotion all I could do was laugh between the tears and say thank you Sweetie God bless you for that, you know your Auntie need prayers...

What I've been putting in has been coming out ...I encourage parents to start when they are at the breast, they can understand far more than we give them credit...

:lachen: wow your niece has faith to spare... love those... lol

Vantae is such a sweetheart...

Gotta love 'em.. My lil niece would chase her older brother down with "oil" from her little yellow bottle yelling "come, lemme pray for you!"... :lachen:

this little girl amazes me the things that she says, the only real introduction that she has had to God and church is when she is with me...last year she was with me for about three weeks and this year four months, it's a shame that we live on two different islands..

the other day I was coming down the stairs in high heels very gingerly becuase the steps are steep somehow I still managed to twist my foot but the pain didn't start until later that day after church, I'm standing in the kitchen doorway telling her mom and sister why I'm hobbling she hears me and the next thing I know I feel these little wet hands on both my legs and I hear her praying but I couldn't understand anything she was saying until she said, 'in Jesus name, Amen!

So I said Vantae what did you put on my legs and she says lotion all I could do was laugh between the tears and say thank you Sweetie God bless you for that, you know your Auntie need prayers...

What I've been putting in has been coming out ...I encourage parents to start when they are at the breast, they can understand far more than we give them credit...

Oh I love this. What a blessing.

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

So I said Vantae what did you put on my legs and she says lotion[/B] all I could do was laugh between the tears and say thank you Sweetie God bless you for that, you know your Auntie need prayers...

:lachen: but I'll bet you didn't hobble no mo'!! :drunk:

I met the cutest little girl while in the store, who immediately introduced herself to me. Ironically, her name was "Joy." She was truly a joy to meet because I have not yet forgotten her. Through her rambling she said, "Look, I have a cut." Playing along, I told her that I had a little cut too and showed her my scar. Her response, "Don't worry. God loves us and he will heal us." I fell in love with that little girl right then. :giggle: I didnt really know how to respond other than, "you know what sweetheart, I know he will."

Like another posted said upthread, what we (parents, aunts, etc.) pour into young ones, will come out. :yep:

I coupon a lot. DS asked me whether Jesus uses coupons when he shops at Safeway! He said he couldn't wait to see Him at the store.

Several weeks ago, DS asked me whether Jesus has birthday parties in Heaven. I said, that I suppose there might be celebrations. He then asked me what the angels get Jesus for his birthday. When I explained that Jesus already owns everything and is all knowing so it wouldn't be a surprise anyway. DS said that he knows the angels are going to get Jesus a nice cell phone with a good call plan!! I asked him why Jesus would need a cell phone, and he looked at me like I was crazy. DS said, "Obviously He needs to call everyone!"

My god son asked if Jesus is our father...then mother nature must be our mother?

I bought him a bible with cd compilation and my cousin said he would not put it down. She thanks Me tremendously for the cd compilation because he wants to read it daily.

vantae may have been speaking in tongues.

My nephew said to his mom, you cant see him mom cause he is clear.

Back