List the following in order of importance to you

melodee

*No direct heat
*Protective styling
*Daily washing/rinsing or washing rinsing at least 2xs week

All of the following steps have been noted by vaious LHCFers as being helpful in the promotion of healthy and longer hair. Please list those steps in the order in which they are important to you and why.

For me, it's
1.No direct heat
2. washing/rinsing at least 2xs a week
3. protective styling (don't do it that often, but I'm willing to if it'll get results )

For me:

1. CO Washing/rinising
2. No direct heat
3. Keeping ends moisterize

My problem has always been dry straw like hair, but with me CO wasing, and no direct heat except when I go for a touch up and keeping my ends moisturized has really made my hair feel soft and have some shine to it. Also finding shea butter has really been a god send.

1. No direct heat because I have noticed greater length since I stopped pressing my hair every 2-3 weeks. And I've noticed less breakage.
2. Protective styling AND HANDLING (not shouting, Caps for emphasis). I hardly ever use a comb or brush in my hair anymore. I use my fingers to do most of the combing unless it's after/during a wash.
3. Washing once a week works best for me because it requires less frequent manipulation and detangling of my hair.

I'd say:

1. No direct heat
2. Minimal styling
3. Washing every 5 days (I can't do the twice a week thing)

1. No direct heat
2. Keeping my hair MOISTURIZED at all times!!
3. Shampooing/Deep Conditioning at least once a week

(I don't do protective styling that often)

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:
I'd say:

1. No direct heat
2. Minimal styling

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
*No direct heat
*Protective styling

[/ QUOTE ]
...in this order
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bree said:
[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:
I'd say:

1. No direct heat
2. Minimal styling

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!
smile.gif

*Minimal direct heat (i blowdry once a week. NO curling irons, flat irions)

*Protective styling (keeping my ends tucked away and my hair from getting tangled by wearing it in a bun,twist or ponytail

* Combing slowly, gently and with care with only widetooth, dipped combs. Making sure to work slowly through my hair whether doing a regular combing or detangling after a shampoo i always treat my hair delicately.

*I dont Condition wash enough to count it as part of my regimen (i do it maybe 2-3 times in a 4 month period)

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
*No direct heat
*Protective styling

All of the following steps have been noted by vaious LHCFers as being helpful in the promotion of healthy and longer hair. Please list those steps in the order in which they are important to you and why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Protective yet attractive styles. A Roller Wrap or Set is Nice , as well as styles that don't require constant high heat.

I want long hair, but it has to look nice. There's NO way that I can sport some granny do.
shocked.gif

1. No direct heat - regular pressing killed my hair
2. Daily conditioner washing - my hair has never been so healthy
3. Protective styling - This summer I'm trying my best to put my hair in double strand twists (and other protective styles) for less manipulation, but with my current length they don't usually last more than 2 days

-Having a good conditioner; more importantly, knowing how to use products.
-no direct heat
nono.gif

-combing hair with the water flow from my shower.

LOL @ bree's avatar, he's in the "smooth criminal" outfit but doing the "Bad" choreography.
love.gif

1. *No CONSTANT direct heat (heat every 2 weeks)
2. *Protective styling (loose scruncci buns & pins ups)
3. *No Daily washing/rinsing
nono.gif

--- Only w/wash-n-go styles - not very often
--- I usually wash once a week or every 2 weeks.

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
1. *No CONSTANT direct heat (heat every 2 weeks)
2. *Protective styling (loose scruncci buns & pins ups)
3. *No Daily washing/rinsing
nono.gif

--- Only w/wash n go styles - not very often
--- I usually wash once a week or every 2 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA!

For me it's

1.Moisturize
1.Protective styling
1. never use heat
2.Cowash or rinse

All of these are in first place to me except the last one which I tend to do a lot in the warmer months after working out.

Back