LHCF Rookie Rescue Board

Nic_Cali

:ohwell: I have been struggling with what I should by for my new journey to obtaining beautiful and healthy hair. I was hoping someone could give me their opinions of the following products or other recommendations.
  • Aubreys GPB Protein Conditioner
  • QP Mango Butter
  • Carol's Daughter Mimosa Honey
  • CD Khoret Hair Smoothie
  • Kenra Silkening Mist
  • Organic Root stimulator Wrap Lotion
  • Nioxin BioNutrients Protectives (chemically treated) Scalp Therapy
  • Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Shampoo
And do you thinking mixing all these brands matter?

Hair Type:
4a
permed
but cuurently very damaged

I love Aubrey GPB it leaves my hair soft and moist. I didn't like Carol's Daughter Mimosa Honey. It was too greasy for me and Elasta QP Mango Butter left my hair dry. I haven't tried the others in my hair.

Nic_Cali said:
I've been using Aubrey Organics GPB since 2000, and I love it! It's just the right amount of protein for my hair (my hair doesn't need any strong / harsh protein).

I have Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo in my stash. I think this is a great shampoo for getting the hair nice and clean. I've been using this on and off for a long time, and I continue to get good results from using it.

Nic_Cali said:
:ohwell: I have been struggling with what I should by for my new journey to obtaining beautiful and healthy hair. I was hoping someone could give me their opinions of the following products or other recommendations.
  • QP Mango Butter
  • Carol's Daughter Mimosa Honey
  • CD Khoret Hair Smoothie
  • Kenra Silkening Mist
  • Organic Root stimulator Wrap Lotion
  • Nioxin BioNutrients Protectives (chemically treated) Scalp Therapy
And do you thinking mixing all these brands matter?

Hair Type:
4a
permed
but cuurently very damaged

I really like elasta qp mango butter. But in moderation though. A little bit goes a long way. I like to seal it in with NTM serum and my hair smells so good after I do this. I give this a thumbs up!

Kenra Silkening mist, this is a new like for me. I like this because it sprays on very light and doesn't make the hair greasy. The only thing I don't like is the smell. It smells like very sweet milk lol. But it's not bad enough to keep me away from the product.

And no I don't think mixing brands matter.

The QP Mango Butter is my absolute favorite. It has been a staple of mine since joinging this forum last year. I use it just before I put on my wigs (current daily protective style) and it really does moisturise well.

Back