LHCF Friends Amongst Us...

MizaniMami

Have you ever saw someone and wondered if she was a member of LHCF?? Sometimes When I see black women with long (pretty) hair I think she is a LHCF member lol.

Sometimes when I see ladies in buns, I wonder if they are "bunning it." And vice versa, when I see a lady who is staring at my bun I wonder if she is thinking the same thing about me.I wish we had a LHCF bracelet or something.

But I always check to see the pony holders and if they are rubberbands I immedialty dismiss them as being on LHCF lol:lol:

So you ever see women and wonder if they are a fellow LHCF sista?? Why do you think so?

Yea I do all the time! Especially non-mixed black women with long hair worn up. I'm always in awe. A few years ago I went to a salon and saw this black woman with some nice, long, thick hair. She hadn't had a touchup in a while and the hairstylists were making a big deal out of it. Now that I thnk about it, it's quite possible she could have been an LHCF lady. Thick, long hair...stretching relaxer...it makes so much sense now.

MizaniMami said:
Have you ever saw someone and wondered if she was a member of LHCF?? Sometimes When I see black women with long (pretty) hair I think she is a LHCF member lol.

Sometimes when I see ladies in buns, I wonder if they are "bunning it." And vice versa, when I see a lady who is staring at my bun I wonder if she is thinking the same thing about me.I wish we had a LHCF bracelet or something.

But I always check to see the pony holders and if they are rubberbands I immedialty dismiss them as being on LHCF lol:lol:

So you ever see women and wonder if they are a fellow LHCF sista?? Why do you think so?

Yes, yes , yes! I was in the salon last friday and a woman came in with BEAUTFUL hair. :love: I was tempted to ask "Um excuse me ma'am, have you ever heard Long Hair Care Forum?" But I didn't want her to look at me like I was crazy. :lol:

All the time! And not just ones with long hair but also, as you said, "bunning it", rollersets, twistout and braidout wearers (honestly, I had never heard of such a thing before I came here)...Sometimes when I'm at the BSS or WalMart or Sally's (I know it's another BSS), when a product that has been raved about on here is empty on the shelves, I think all of ya'll got there before me! Who else was buying DDTA buy the case when the word went out that it was being discontinued? A thread about Main and Tail on sale at Walgreens (which it is right now, the 32oz bottle, buy-1-get-1 free) and thenI go in and can't find any!

A bracelet would be cute or a satin or silk scarf with the logo.

You know something? I think a LHCF bracelet is a great idea!!! I mean every other organizations has one. Breast cancer org is pink, the company I work for has one in multiple colors.

I think it's a kewl way to identify ourselves to each other in a silent way and not be embarassed in case we're wrong.

Just this morning I had to turn around when I saw a girl with her hair in a very neat ponytail with her ends turned up and protected.:lachen: People probably thought I was checking her out:lachen: Ha Ha!

A bracelet is a great idea or a key chain. it would be great to see one of you ladies out in the street, i think our shy girls and non posters will be identified, embraced and love. and word of the forum will spread.:dance7:

thats a great idea, i would love to have a purple lchf bracelet or key ring. I was in church one morning and a young lady with really curly long hair sat next to me and she smelled like MTG. it is so funny cause i never knew what MTG smelled like, but when i smelled her I instantly knew 'ahhhh that is what they mean by bacon grease'.... :lol: I started to ask but was too shy...

:grin: lol! this happens to me, too! especially when I see a store out of products. like the time i went to Target during an NTM thread and only that section of the shelf was picked almost clean. or when i rushed to Sally's only to find that I grabbed the final Caruso roller set on sale.

I think a bracelet would be nice too, but I dont want it to say LHCF or hair or anything like that one it. :sekret: That's right! I DONT WANT THE WHOLE WORLD TO KNOW THAT I AM OBSESSED W/HAIR GROWTH! :lachen: They can know that I am obsessed w/hair, but not hair growth. :look: If it says anything like that I wont wear it. :lol: I dont wanna look like a hair dweeb. :nono: I think we should make it seem more like a secret society of women who just happen to have long, healthy hair. :)

Yeah I once saw this girl at the club with a thick huge bun(protective styling) and some obvious ng (relaxer stretch) that she did a good job of slicking down. The girl was str8 up 4b too. That girl had to be from lhcf.....i could tell by the look of her....:lol:

A bracelet woud be awesome.....then it would be easy to identify ourselves and start convo's without worrying about cetting a crazy look from LHCF lingo(stretching, protective styling, baggy, MTG, etc...)....I think us LHCF ladies have a special bond....:lol:

And the bracelets would spread the word....kinda of like a black hair care movement :grin: :cool:

Lovelylocs said:
I think a bracelet would be nice too, but I dont want it to say LHCF or hair or anything like that one it. :sekret: That's right! I DONT WANT THE WHOLE WORLD TO KNOW THAT I AM OBSESSED W/HAIR GROWTH! :lachen: They can know that I am obsessed w/hair, but not hair growth. :look: If it says anything like that I wont wear it. :lol: I dont wanna look like a hair dweeb. :nono: I think we should make it seem more like a secret society of women who just happen to have long, healthy hair. :)

:lol: lol! The only reason I don't want it to say LHCF is because I don't want people to know my little secret!

A cute satin scarf or bracelet will be so nice *hint hint to all you business ladies*

I thought I was alone.

One day me and my sis were talking about Nexxus in the elevator and this girl (who had a bun BTW) was looking at us like "they know!!" She was starin hard!

I've done the same thing, that is, when I see a black woman (non-mixed) with long, healthy hair, I wonder if she's "in the know" on all the things we do here to care for our hair, or if she's a LHCF member.

A friend of my cousin's has hair almost to her butt, and recommended her new hairdresser to me. When I found out that this friend has hair to her butt, I couldn't help but wonder if she does the things we do to take care of our hair? Who knows, she could be a member of this forum, too! :lol:

Mizani_Mrs said:
thats a great idea, i would love to have a purple lchf bracelet or key ring. I was in church one morning and a young lady with really curly long hair sat next to me and she smelled like MTG. it is so funny cause i never knew what MTG smelled like, but when i smelled her I instantly knew 'ahhhh that is what they mean by bacon grease'.... :lol: I started to ask but was too shy...

OK. Now, not only will I be looking for protective styles, I'll be sniffing for the telltale sign of bacon:grin:

Yeah I do this ALL THE TIME!!!!! I especially love to see ladies who are stretching their relaxers. It's like I feel a bond with them even though I don't know them personally. I love to see protective styles also.

I see women and wonder that too. However I remember that a lot of the stuff that LHCFers do I use to do years ago , long before LHCF even existed. I use to bun, but only because I was forced to do that by the principal of my highschool and when I was teaching it was necessary too.
I've been doing braid outs for over 20 years. I use to stretch relaxers for 6 months, unconciously. Washing several times a week because I hate dirty smelling hair and my scalp itches if I don't wash it for more than 3 days.
And I know women who follow these practices and have never heard of LHCF.
But it doesn't stop mefrom wondering.

How about something like that...
14069.jpg
with LHCF on it.

I'd sport that and give a little head nod to anyone I saw with one.
Or we could find a symbol, if we don't want to have the letters.
14101.jpg

This company does wristbands too, but I don't wear stuff on my wrist. We could also use a cell phone charm.

Good suggestion Sareca!

Mizani, I always wonder whenever I see buns, having a bracelet is also a brilliant idea.;)

That's so funny. There's a girl that I see when I catch the bus and just this morning I was wondering if she is a LHCF memeber. Her hair is about APL or BSL and you can tell she just loves it. For some reason I get the impression that her lenght is new and you can tell she just loves it.

This morning I caught her checking out my phony pony and I wanted to spark a conversation but it didn't seem appropriate. :lol:

I think my stepdaughter went through my favorites on the computer and then told her mom about this site. All of a sudden her mom started bunning her hair and the daughters hair. I really thought it on the weekened she camed to stay and she had Mango butter in her bag.

Okay ladies I'll look into getting some keychains made if that is okay with the mods. (don't wanna break any copyright laws).

We can take a poll on the colors and how much you are willing to pay for a key chain. Once I get all the info I can get them made.

I saw a girl with long, healthy hair...it was ~waistlength, but I didn't want to ask her if she was a LHCF girl and sound crazy, lol. Especially since she was with a group of friends. There's also a girl at my job with long hair (when her hair is in a high ponytail it still reaches her lower back). She always wears protective styles: buns, two braids, two braids with the bands all the way down the length and braid-outs. I want to ask her also, but she's always mean-mugging - so I never have the nerve:ohwell:

Last edited:
So you ever see women and wonder if they are a fellow LHCF sista?? Why do you think so?__________________

YES!!!

and crazy that you mention that!

check it out---- one weekend about 5 or 6 months ago,I was at my pt job at SuperWalmart.

I saw this chic who had BEAUTIFUL hair,and she had these huge bottles of Nexus products in her buggy. I asked her about her hair, and about the Nexxus. One conversation led to another, and come to find out that SHE IS A MEMBER ON HERE!!!

It was tooooo funnny, because I was bunnin it, and when I took my phony bun off and showed her my baggy, she almost died!!:lachen:

If I typed her info in my cell correctly her moniker is "whoop727" or maybe that's part of her email addy... I know her first name and number, but I ain't finna put all of that out here like that. So "A" if you read this, then hit me up in pm!!!

I haven't seen her since that day, nor have I contacted her, but I just thought it was a trip that she was a member on here, and knew all about the baggy method!!:lol:

btw-I think that keychain is a great idea!

longhairluva said:
Okay ladies I'll look into getting some keychains made if that is okay with the mods. (don't wanna break any copyright laws).

We can take a poll on the colors and how much you are willing to pay for a key chain. Once I get all the info I can get them made.
I think it will be even easier than that cause there's already a logo. The easiest thing would be if the same place that carries the other LHCF gear would do a key chain.http://www.cafepress.com/lhcfstore.12140647

HighlyFavored1 said:
:grin: lol! this happens to me, too! especially when I see a store out of products. like the time i went to Target during an NTM thread and only that section of the shelf was picked almost clean. or when i rushed to Sally's only to find that I grabbed the final Caruso roller set on sale.

See! And when I finally get to Target tomorrow, all the Sunsilk will be gone! I think there are more of ya'll in Minnsota than you are admitting, cause when we discuss products here, they are out by the time I get to the store! Come on you fellow Minnesotans! Fess up!

ETA: A keychain or something would be great.

Last edited:
I used to live in San Diego but recently moved to the Dallas area and I have definitely thought I've seen some memebers since I came to Texas. I went to Houston this weekend and thought I saw some members there. Especially the hostess at the Chiles I went to. She wore here hair in a braid-out. I also noticed that a lot of products are out of stock on the shelves too. I notice that sally's can't seem to hold onto the Carusso rollers. Sometimes I smell certain hair products in passing and wonder if the person using them is a member.

apples said:
So you ever see women and wonder if they are a fellow LHCF sista?? Why do you think so?__________________

YES!!!

and crazy that you mention that!

check it out---- one weekend about 5 or 6 months ago,I was at my pt job at SuperWalmart.

I saw this chic who had BEAUTIFUL hair,and she had these huge bottles of Nexus products in her buggy. I asked her about her hair, and about the Nexxus. One conversation led to another, and come to find out that SHE IS A MEMBER ON HERE!!!

It was tooooo funnny, because I was bunnin it, and when I took my phony bun off and showed her my baggy, she almost died!!:lachen:

If I typed her info in my cell correctly her moniker is "whoop727" or maybe that's part of her email addy... I know her first name and number, but I ain't finna put all of that out here like that. So "A" if you read this, then hit me up in pm!!!

I haven't seen her since that day, nor have I contacted her, but I just thought it was a trip that she was a member on here, and knew all about the baggy method!!:lol:

btw-I think that keychain is a great idea!

Awww that story is so cute!!!! I am glad you found out she was from lhcf!!:D

Back