LHCF Advert in Hair magazine. Wow never thought i'd see the day

sweetwhispers

As a lazy collector of black hair magazines, i bought sophisticate's black hair.( hey its 80p in the market)
Whilst flicking through i came to an advert for Glovers blends products( not sure what these are) and there was a pretty black woman (Karen Golston)with a blurb about being the author of "Awesome hair a guide to growing black hair long" I assumed that she is a cathy Howse type lady.
At the bottom left hand corner it says "for tips for growing and maintaining your long hair, check out-
www.longhaicareforum.com and then a picture of the banner.

I've never seen this before but then i don't buy every issue.

That is all.

Hmm, I'm interested in hearing what the other ladies will have to say about this lol. I for one am happy that the news is getting around about healthier hare care practices. Shoot, had the news not reached me, I would still be at neck length.

Nayeli i am glad also, i've never had the ( this website is mine!) mentality. I know people are going to be worried about trolls and such. But just ignore them.

I don't think it's an "I want to keep this all to myself" mentality. Really ugly things happen when unnecessary *extras* and the *drama* that they bring come to this website. I mean UGLY things.

Many people who don't want to really advertise the site know of, or have seen what can happen when the trolls and such come.

You gotta understand that position.

Its great if some bald headed scalliwags find out about us grow Ankle length blunt cut hair, (j/k.....not really) but when they log on just to cause trouble- then its a problem.

I think its great! They will get more than just tips for hair in this crazy **** though! LOL Even the hair section is wild now!

Y'all already know my stance. Amara put it into words for me. Too much personal info gets displayed here, so I'm very leary about wackos. But, then again.... y'all are quick to run the crazies out so....

Here's the ad

lhcfad2.jpg

Very cool!!! The mods are on top of the trolls, and if we act like adults when they do show up, they won't have as much to feed on, and heavens knows I wish every black woman knew about this site - or at least knew that there is hope for healthy hair.... :yep:

Yes isnt it great :grin:. I havent even seen it yet in the stores, but I hope to get a magazine soon. By the way, the product rep from glovers may be giving some free samples to you all in the future once he is ready to post. later!

I think what makes LHCF different is that there is a subscription of $6...so the 'crazies' stay to lurkingg..and the ones that pay are more genuinely intrested in hair care.

All I can say is its about time that the hair boards go public...there is so much knowledge and information shared here, we need to think about starting our own magazine!!

OK..Now I know that I haven't been on here in a while but...Does anyone use Glover's growth blends?

Seeing the ad leaves me with the impression that the site endorses these products.

Yes isnt it great :grin:. I havent even seen it yet in the stores, but I hope to get a magazine soon. By the way, the product rep from glovers may be giving some free samples to you all in the future once he is ready to post. later!
:grin::grin: Tell him I don't want no stanky ole skool glovers smell in 2008 but I'll take a sample or two. :lachen:
Great ad placement! Not to big or small!

Its great if some bald headed scalliwags find out about us grow Ankle length blunt cut hair, (j/k.....not really) but when they log on just to cause trouble- then its a problem.

:rofl: I haven't heard the word "*********" in a long time! :rofl:

Hopefully, the people who decide to check the site out will contribute positive things to the board. Trolls don't last long around these parts thanks to the mods.

Me either! :rofl: Remember the song? Bald-headed *********. . .:lachen: :lachen:

But I think advertising is cool. Just don't go overboard. While I want others to know about this site, I'm a firm believer in research. I guess it's the grad student in me but there are some things you should have to search for to find.

We'll see. And it does look like the site is associated with the product. I've never heard of Glover's in all my life. We'll see.

80p??? Either the dollar has fallen more than I know or SBH has gotten mad cheap. The last one I bought was was like 4.99-5.99.

I might buy mine from London, dang.

Hopefully, the people who decide to check the site out will contribute positive things to the board. Trolls don't last long around these parts thanks to the mods.
We got some mean hardcore heifas round these parts they'll get with them trolls aka scalliwags before the mods get fiftyleven reports! :lachen:

Back