Let's see your summer styles!!!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Post your favorite summer hairstyles here!! I think we all could use some inspiration.

I do very simple styles so I don't know if mine would even qualify as a "hairstyle", lol. I'm wearing my hair natural this summer. It won't stay straight because of humidity and plus I want to give it a rest. Let's see yours!
c010.gif

Attachments

• 073411.jpg
    073411.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 68
  • 112833.jpg
    112833.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 52
  • bun.jpg
    bun.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 112423.jpg
    112423.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 45
Here are mines :) This is a good thread.

I am not doing much with my hair yet except phony ponies and indian braids but here they are.

DCFC0001-vi.jpg

Side view
DCFC0002-vi.jpg

Then I do the baggie method with a phony pony! I am going to order the afro puff pony, which I am sooo excited for
DCFC0004-vi.jpg

This is a pic of my braids from last summer, I have the same braids in again right now, but with cheaper hair that I don't like as much. It looks the same but the hair is braided down a lot further now because my hair has grown a lot:D. The braids are also a lot longer for the same reason.

Attachments

• Braidsfrontlong-vi.jpg
    Braidsfrontlong-vi.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 38
Pokahontas said:
That is so cute Mizani!! Now that's my kinda style, simple and cute. Thanks for posting!

Thankyou. I can't wait to get my afro pony so I can have my pony look like yours. Your hair is gorgeous and it looks so neat and put together. I am new to this no heat thing so I am still trying.

I hope others post so i can get more style ideas.

BabyImaStarr said:
Here they are. I need a few more.

Rabia I love those braids. I sweat a lot around the neck area so those wouldn't work for me. But you are rocking them.

BabyImaStarr,

Is that second pic a wash and go??? It is so lovely!!!!

MizaniMami said:
Rabia I love those braids. I sweat a lot around the neck area so those wouldn't work for me. But you are rocking them.

BabyImaStarr,

Thanks! It's a braidout. I was really proud of it until the humidity got to it :mad:

MizaniMami said:

BabyImaStarr,

I usually have them twisted up in a cute style with a claw clip (that's how I have it styled today). The curls at the ends allow you to do a variety of messy updos that look cute. I love messy big hair, especially in the summer!

And BabyImaStarr, cute styles!

BabyImaStarr said:
Thanks! It's a braidout. I was really proud of it until the humidity got to it :mad:
Don't you just hate humidity sometimes? Those are very cute styles, very summery. I think I will try a braid-out soon. I don't have much luck with them though, they usually last a day or two. Did you use any products before you braided?

focusing on "no heat" styles for the summer :)

how i air dry

i don't know why the pics are so blurry. these styles are definitely nothing to write home about but quick doos with no heat to get me through the summer. with working out and washing frequently it's hard to be perfect. .

Last edited:
MizaniMami said:
Thankyou. I can't wait to get my afro pony so I can have my pony look like yours. Your hair is gorgeous and it looks so neat and put together. I am new to this no heat thing so I am still trying.

I hope others post so i can get more style ideas.
Thank you so much :). Yeah, I'm kinda new to no heat also. Like I said in my other post.....I have yet to master the braid-out. I love a pretty braid-out though. I will be trying again soon.

SweetCaramel1 said:
focusing on "no heat" styles for the summer :)

how i air dry

i don't know why the pics are so blurry. these styles are definitely nothing to write home about but quick doos with no heat to get me through the summer. with working out and washing frequently it's hard to be perfect. .
Wow, SweetCaramel.....pretty waves! I love the half up half down one. I might try air-drying like that. Do you re-braid at night?

RabiaElaine said:
This is a pic of my braids from last summer, I have the same braids in again right now, but with cheaper hair that I don't like as much. It looks the same but the hair is braided down a lot further now because my hair has grown a lot:D. The braids are also a lot longer for the same reason.
That looks so pretty on you. I love the curls on the ends. I bet that's so pretty in a pony tail.

Pokahontas said:
Wow, SweetCaramel.....pretty waves! I love the half up half down one. I might try air-drying like that. Do you re-braid at night?

thanks pokahontas. i actually let it dry with the ponytail holders on it and they create the waves. at night i just sleep on it and start over with something different the next day. i'm new to co-washing/air dryings so i don't have a routine yet. :look:

Pokahontas said:
Don't you just hate humidity sometimes? Those are very cute styles, very summery. I think I will try a braid-out soon. I don't have much luck with them though, they usually last a day or two. Did you use any products before you braided?

I used some Wet-N-Wavy gel that I found in my product stash. First I applied the gel, then I braided it up, then rolled my hair braids on magnetic rollers so that it wouldn't be too flat in the morning and that is how it turned out.

macherieamour,
Thanks for those styles...Im going to try them before I have a job to see how they turn out in the morning with 4" of new growth.

Keep it coming ladies....Summer has just begun...well its been here for me seeing as though its always summer in Florida

617braid3th2ea.jpg

flat twist into a braid

bun3wt.jpg

my bun

aleia11ne.jpg

Flat twist with phony pony

quickweave1smudge0im.jpg

My quick weave.

flattwist51406vi2nk.jpg

My flat twist bun.

Hope you like them. I think they look a hot mess! (all that newgrowth!)

SweetCaramel1 said:
thanks pokahontas. i actually let it dry with the ponytail holders on it and they create the waves. at night i just sleep on it and start over with something different the next day. i'm new to co-washing/air dryings so i don't have a routine yet. :look:
Oh ok, so you just left the bands on. Yeah, that's how I air-dry my hair sometimes but in 2 ponytails w/ the bands going all the way down.

I attached some pics of how it came out.

Attachments

• banded-vi.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 58
  • airdried-vi.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 22
This was mine..... but I just took it out yesterday night, after 5 weeks. Gosh, I miss them already. :(

IMG_0639-vi.jpg

IMG_0790-vi.jpg

IMG_0784-vi.jpg

So now its back to the oily buns. :)

crlsweetie912 said:
617braid3th2ea.jpg

flat twist into a braid

bun3wt.jpg

my bun

aleia11ne.jpg

Flat twist with phony pony

quickweave1smudge0im.jpg

My quick weave.

flattwist51406vi2nk.jpg

My flat twist bun.

Hope you like them. I think they look a hot mess! (all that newgrowth!)
Cute styles crlsweetie. That flat twist bun is fierce!! Ima have to cop that, lol.

I'm getting some great ideas ladies, thanks a bunch.

KiniKakes said:
This was mine..... but I just took it out yesterday night, after 5 weeks. Gosh, I miss them already. :(

IMG_0639-vi.jpg

IMG_0790-vi.jpg

IMG_0784-vi.jpg

So now its back to the oily buns. :)

Kini, that style is the bomb. I tried to have someone duplicate and they told me it was "too complicated" WTH!

Oooooh, CUTE girl.... really cute. :D But Im afraid i'd be paranoid of my ends rubbing against my shirt.

Plus, when i wear my hair out i'm always putting my hands in it and messing in it. *smh* I have like, negative self-control. But i will experiment with a braid out one of these days. It just looks so nice.

KhandiB said:
Yall already seent this but One Mo Gin :grin: ..

braidout1.jpg

twistout2-vi-1.jpg

Sometimes I do the braid out just so I can have a nice crinkly or wavy pony :)

I dont really like my hair up too much, Those braids you have I have bad luck every time I got them done I get these bumps around my temples man.. :cry: I got them done when I was 5 months pregnant and took em out a week later :lol:

Very pretty pics of you though!!!

KiniKakes said:
Oooooh, CUTE girl.... really cute. :D But Im afraid i'd be paranoid of my ends rubbing against my shirt.

Plus, when i wear my hair out i'm always putting my hands in it and messing in it. *smh* I have like, negative self-control. But i will experiment with a braid out one of these days. It just looks so nice.

crlsweetie912 said:
Kini, that style is the bomb. I tried to have someone duplicate and they told me it was "too complicated" WTH!

Thanks so much girl. Awww, it seemed simple when the African lady did it. I didnt look at a book or anything... I just described to her that I wanted (small) cornrows braided up all around, and formed into a bun/knot at the top of my head that I didnt plan on removing. She used kinky hair extensions, and hair pins to secure the top knot.

KhandiB said:
Sometimes I do the braid out just so I can have a nice crinkly or wavy pony :)

I dont really like my hair up too much, Those braids you have I have bad luck every time I got them done I get these bumps around my temples man.. :cry: I got them done when I was 5 months pregnant and took em out a week later :lol:

Very pretty pics of you though!!!

Gracias chica. :)

Yeah, i get the bumps around the temples the first few days. I assume because its tight (but not too tight that it pulls/breaks my hair like Susan Taylor). Either way, the bumps go away after a few days and its all good. :) Dont worry, i feel you tho.... ive been tempted to take braids out after a few days, but im too cheap to do that. I paid $70 for the braids, so i wanted to get my moneys worth, hence the 5 weeks. I would have gone 6 weeks but my July 7th progress pics are coming up, and i wanted to take these out and relax my hair before that time.

RabiaElaine said:
Nice hair..what kind of braiding hair is that? Can I get it online? Thanks :)

Back