• Relaxed

Votes: 284 29.2%
  • Texlaxed

Votes: 88 9.1%
  • Transitioning

Votes: 169 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Transitioning here. Close to four months around the time I chopped my hair the first time I went natural. Trying to beat that!

100% natural and loving it. last relaxer was around july 2006'ish... i think. might have been before that but for sure not after! lol

3mths au naturale...again. it has it's ups and downs but more ups. but overall i love it.
gosh living abroad sucks. i'm still waiting on my wigs. "if you order them, they will come." what i have in store for 2010: wigs and i want to bkt...i've come to the conclusion that bkt is not a chemical treatment per se, but a protein treatment at it's best. :look:

i feel sorry for the person who has to keep picking up my packages...not really.:spinning:

Wow! When I joined back in 2002, I'm pretty sure the majority here were relaxed.

I've been natural for 6 months and couldn't be happier!

Been natural for a majority of my life; relaxed for a year and a half the first time back in '03, and then again May '08 for 10 months. Have been relaxer and dye free for 7 months, back to the napps for good since August 15th.

Natural 4a here. I've been natural since May 2001, shaved my head on a whim in May 2008. I'm currently less than an inch from APL.
I just finished doing some two-strand twists on my hair.

Loving my relaxed hair....it's still thick with some waves, which I like.....I don't want it pin straight....but I like my relax hair.....all hair is beautiful...... :)

I think I already responded, but can't recall if I wrote as well as voted.

I am 4a/b natural since March 13th, 2009.

Honestly, I was really surprised that there are more naturals than relaxed or texlaxed and that so many people are transitioning as well. I thought the board was about 50/50. (I think all ethnic hair is beautiful with our varied textures and ability to do fun styling, so I hope no one misinterprets me and thinks I feel natural is better. It's not...just better for my own life. One day, I may relax again if the length and maintenance get to be too much for me. Anyway...in hindsight, I just wanted to make that clear because it's so easy to misunderstood in writing.)

That's interesting.

I'm enjoying my natural hair because I don't miss the chemicals in relaxers; however, I miss straight hair in a major way. I need a great flat iron and a great protectant if I am ever going to wear it straight again.

Anyway...this is a really interesting thread. Thanks for starting it, OP. It surprised me!

Blessings,

cj

Last edited:
Relaxed with mild bone straight, but thinking about texlaxing next relaxer because my hair is so fine.:rolleyes:

Back