Let's be honest (deep conditioners)

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Let\'s be honest (deep conditioners)

How often are we REALLY doing it? I had been slacking off for some time now. When I did do the condtioner, I was doing it without heat. A couple of weekends ago I did it with heat and WOW! what a difference. I think heat is the icing on the cake for deep conditioners
smile.gif
I really do. I am recommitting to once a week deep conditioners. I just want to get a feel for how often everyone else is deep conditioning
grin.gif

Re: Let\'s be honest (deep conditioners)

i been slacking. I haven't deep conditioned since... maybe three weeks ago. I have been doing hot oil pretreatments for an hour though. does that count?
laugh.gif

As far as under the dryer and deep conditioning, I haven't done it in ages. Ok, I promise imma do weekly deep conditioning. I need to start so i can have hair that looks like Caramela's.

Every week with heat. I won't be able to handle all the newgrowth if I don't. I love deep conditioning with heat. the warmth helps to relax me.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
I need to start so i can have hair that looks like Caramela's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwww!
kiss.gif
how sweet, Anky!

Well,

I've been using my Avon heat cap, soI guess that counts. Sometimes, I'll just put on a plastic cap though with nothing else. But I can tell that my body heat from my head is helping out the process.

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Everytime I get a relaxer.
laugh.gif
look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

spank.gif

laugh.gif

I deep condition 1x per week. I alternate every 2-3 weeks between mild and moderate protein conditioners and I always use heat for 10-20 minutes. Mild=something like Lustrasilk HPC or Summit Mend for me. Moderate=something like Hi-Pro-Pac or K-Pak. I rarely use heat with cholesterol or my follow up moisturizing conditioner, though. But I usually leave it on for an 40-60 minutes. I'm lazy.
grin.gif

Well, personally, I think that the heat helps it to penetrate the hair shaft much more efficiently.

[ QUOTE ]
ladydee36330 said:
I deep condition on a weekly basis with heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
me too

I haven't used heat on my own in a LOOOOONG time. I do use heat when I go to the salon once a week...but I really should use heat every wash.
scratchchin.gif

Every four days, I like to wash my hair every four days so thats when I would deep condition....the only time I go every seven days is when Im in need of a relaxer. i dont like to manipulate my ahir too much around this time so then I do it just once a week.

My hair tells me when to deep condition which is probably 2-3 times per month. Sometimes I sit under the dryer for 15 -30 minutes other times I just use the heat from my plastic cap and body heat for 30 minutes.

I deep condition every week. I don't always use heat. I usually just use a plastic cap. My hair always feels very warm by the time I ready to rinse. It's even better when I put a towel over the plastic cap. It works even better than a heat cap, IME.

Every wash (once a week) either with heat, or let sit over night with two caps and a turbie twist.

Tebby

[ QUOTE ]
Caramela said:
Well, personally, I think that the heat helps it to penetrate the hair shaft much more efficiently.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I always use heat when I deep condition.
smile.gif

I deep condition 1x week w/heat, and I just used the most amazing combination of conditioners that I've experimented with thus far. I mixed a nice amount each of Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner, Mizani Moisturefuse and L'Oreal's Unfrizz and sat under the dryer for like 20 mins. and OMG, my hair has never been so well conditioned and had as much slip in my life!!! I cannot wait to wash my hair tomorrow to see if I can get a repeat success.

I deep condition at least once a week, usually everytime I wash with shampoo.

I do it once a week with or without heat. I dont see any difference in it though...I also find that if i deep condtion while in the shower it works well too. I love hot showers and i stay in there for like 20 min so im getting like a steam treatment while the conditioner is still in my hair. As Ive stated in all my previous posts, because my hair is so short so i prolly wont see any difference till i get some more wool on this head!!!!!!!!! But my hair is really soft though.

Deep condition once a week alternating between protein and moisturizing conditioners.

Not since October when I read that article on how heat does not make a difference in absorption. But the other day I heated my conditioner in the microwave for a 1 minute and put on my hair after my shampoo with a plastic cap. I left it on for maybe 10 min I don't know if it made a difference but if I have a deep conditioner it will be this way.

I need to do more oil treatments. I haven't done one of those since August.

[ QUOTE ]
Tammy said:
I deep condition 1x week w/heat, and I just used the most amazing combination of conditioners that I've experimented with thus far. I mixed a nice amount each of Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner, Mizani Moisturefuse and L'Oreal's Unfrizz and sat under the dryer for like 20 mins. and OMG, my hair has never been so well conditioned and had as much slip in my life!!! I cannot wait to wash my hair tomorrow to see if I can get a repeat success.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tammy---Be sure to keep us updated! I have all of the abovementioned conditioners and would love to try that!

I just re-discovered deep conditioners with heat. I too have experienced a noticeable difference. The heat is easier to deal with during the winter season. So far, I've been doing it 2x/week with each shampoo wash. We'll see how long it lasts....

I use deep conditioners every two weeks alternating between
moisterizing and protein conditioners.

I deep condition my hair with a plastic cap on for 15- 30 minutes and it results in soft hair. I use heat mainly with a protein conditioner.

Back