Lesson of the day:baggying not so good on straight hair

NOEChic

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
I baggyed last night, i had flat ironed my hair the other day. well i forget that i SWEAT in my head and i SWEATED ALL night last night. I woke up this morning and had to QUICKLY flat iron my hair b4 work. Also i put WAY TOO MUCH coconut oil in my hair and it feels weighed down so much, but i don't want to rewash my hair:lachen:

lol......i made that mistake as well. i think for my very first baggy i wrapped my hair....and put saran wrap over my entire head. i went to bed like "ooooo im gonna be cute with slicked edges when i wake up"....haaaaaaa no ma'am...i woke up sweating like i just ran a marathon

lol......i made that mistake as well. i think for my very first baggy i wrapped my hair....and put saran wrap over my entire head. i went to bed like "ooooo im gonna be cute with slicked edges when i wake up"....haaaaaaa no ma'am...i woke up sweating like i just ran a marathon
girl i thought my hair was gonna be slick slack and it will fall down and sway all nice...i was sadly mistaken:lachen:as i am RUSHING to flat iron my hair all over again, i was just pissed:lachen:i was late for work today

Yea, no :nono:. When my hair is straight, I'll put my hair in a loose pony or just gather the hair in my hands like I'm making a ponytail, apply product and put a sandwich bag (quart size bags now!:grin:) on the very ends and secure it w/a hair tie. Baggying the whole head is not a good look for straight styles! I learned when I woke up one time feeling like my head had been sweating to the oldies w/Richard Simmons...

i am SOOOO glad that i am not the only one who found out this was not a good idea lol

ETA: when i wear my hair curly/cornrows i will be baggying

I have relaxed hair and just recently found out how to baggy properly. Less is more and don't seal your moisterizer when you baggy. seal it after the hair has cooled down once you remove the baggy. works like a charm and I can even do it over night, with my hair wrapped and then covered in saran wrap, and it's still straight in the morning.

when u guys talk about baggy- are you meaning deep conditioning or do you baggy for other things? what r u covering w/ saran wrap? Your whole head w/ o a plastic cap? I'm lost totally!

Back