LEARNING TO LOVE YOU AND YOUR HAIR!(a lil hair story)

Hidden_Angel

Around the first I had my hair in braids which had been in my hair for over a good 4 months (Sep-Late dec) and my stylest was not able to do my hair the week I wanted it! I knew my home girl got her hair done in braids and always looked fresh to death so I asked her where she got them done. She told me her mom did them! I was like wow really? So i deiced to let her do them...

But heres the problem I was so embarrassed because I'm talking her to brother and I DIDN'T want him seeing me in my natural SHORT nappy hair (his always seen my weaved up/braided or kornrowed)So i finally got the courage to come over their house and get it done! I came in their with my boots/shades/hoop earings/prada purse and all my natural hair showing in all its glory! Instead of him looking at me crazy he was like wow I like your hair! he watched his mom do my hair and sat and helped hand her the hair also! I was feeling shy but it helped my confidnce level so much! also because I knew regardless of rather I have short hair, long hair or weaved up I still good! :)It was a major break through in helping to learn to love myself and all myself! and not careing what other people think

Hidden_Angel said:
I came in their with my boots/shades/hoop earings/prada purse and all my natural hair showing in all its glory!

OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE PRADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

<official thread jack>

Saks Fifth has some good sales on Prada! I'd never get a white one, though, white gets dirty too easily.

I remember the time I was on the shuttle at Emory with my Prada purse and some b&%ch almost spilled her stupid coffee on it and girl, I was about to hurt her.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...<>ast_id=1408474395222441&bmUID=1168788281595

</end of thread jack>.

Last edited:
girl i went up to Manhatten this past chrismas and got prada, gucci,went to victory serect shop and boots and shades all up in NY (trying up grade myself.. ;)

Hidden_Angel said:
girl i went up to Manhatten this past chrismas and got prada, gucci,went to victory serect shop and boots and shades all up in NY (trying up grade myself.. ;)

I cannot wait to go back to Manhattan and go shopping! I like the Saks Fifth in Atlanta, but I'm sure it has NOTHING on the ones in Manhattan!

navsegda said:
I cannot wait to go back to Manhattan and go shopping! I like the Saks Fifth in Atlanta, but I'm sure it has NOTHING on the ones in Manhattan!

I just stared when I got in there... :eek:
is heaven like this????:lachen: :lachen:

soun said:
I'm glad you embrace your natural hair it's a great step in your natural journey!

I love my nautrual hair and id keep it that way but I'm looking for length if i wasn't id keep my afro all day long!

Hidden_Angel said:
I love my nautrual hair and id keep it that way but I'm looking for length if i wasn't id keep my afro all day long!

It will surely grow, with the knowledge of LHCF, and your own science;) !

I don't like my natural hair and haven't shown my natural hair for over 10yrs to anyone, except stylist who did my weaves and even then I would make my appointments so early in the morning only I was in the solon.

anywho... since joining this site I have been convinced to try instant weaves and to leave the bonding glue alone. I like because I can care for my hair and take it off and on as I please however I need to becareful because I live w/ my bf (he's never seen me w/o hair). This morning he said he was going to get breakfast. I was still in bed and I didn't hear him strirring around so I thought I would go put on my instant weave. I went to the bathroom, took off my scarf, and bent down to get the weave from under the sink and when I stood up he was behind me just lookin confused. There I stand with a wig in my hand and me lookin like Ms. Ceily from The Color Purple. I was so embarassed and so ashamed :(.

Golong said:
I don't like my natural hair and haven't shown my natural hair for over 10yrs to anyone, except stylist who did my weaves and even then I would make my appointments so early in the morning only I was in the solon.

anywho... since joining this site I have been convinced to try instant weaves and to leave the bonding glue alone. I like because I can care for my hair and take it off and on as I please however I need to becareful because I live w/ my bf (he's never seen me w/o hair). This morning he said he was going to get breakfast. I was still in bed and I didn't hear him strirring around so I thought I would go put on my instant weave. I went to the bathroom, took off my scarf, and bent down to get the weave from under the sink and when I stood up he was behind me just lookin confused. There I stand with a wig in my hand and me lookin like Ms. Ceily from The Color Purple. I was so embarassed and so ashamed :(.

:eek: ?! *hugs*... im sooo sorry

Golong said:

I'm sorry, I laughed out loud at this story. :lol: So did he say anything about your hair?

He had a confused look on his face & was shocked but tried not to make a big deal out of it 'cause he could tell I was mortified..:eek: he calmly, "said is that hair in your hand?:confused: " I said yes:( , I'm keeping my hair covered until April. He just slowly backed out the room and left. While we were eating breakfast he kept looking at my hair but never said anything about it.

Golong said:
He had a confused look on his face & was shocked but tried not to make a big deal out of it 'cause he could tell I was mortified..:eek: he calmly, "said is that hair in your hand?:confused: " I said yes:( , I'm keeping my hair covered until April. He just slowly backed out the room and left. While we were eating breakfast he kept looking at my hair but never said anything about it.

To the OP: I'm glad you took such a big step so early in your napptural journey. Rock wit it...

This story hurt my heart. :cry3: Although, perhaps one of the reasons that he seem uncomfortable is because you seemed so uncomfortable. :ohwell: I guess, what I'm a little confused about is, if you've been natural for over ten years, how you managed to go this long without learning to wub your hair? I think that before anyone else can wub it...you've got to wub it. And while I'm definitely not advocating that you get a relaxer, I'm wondering why you've stayed natural this long if you really don't wub your hair? Maybe your hair just isn't in great condition and as it gets into better condition your attitude towards it will improve?:look: I wish you the best of luck and I hope that you realise that your SO (you implied that you were living with him) is with you for so many more reasons than what your hair looks like (hopefully;) ) and that you've got to give him a chance to love it and you. HTH. HHG. C

Golong said:

Ohhh Poor Baby! Awwww my heart goes out to you! AND...the moral of the story is... (we're waiting...) ;)

My mommy always said "You can't hide who you are!" I am sure you felt a great relief when it was all said and done though... I am sure you are beautiful with or without the weave. He doesn't love your hair, he loves you!

cmw45 said:
To the OP: I'm glad you took such a big step so early in your napptural journey. Rock wit it...

if you've been natural for over ten years, how you managed to go this long without learning to wub your hair? I think that before anyone else can wub it...you've got to wub it. And while I'm definitely not advocating that you get a relaxer, I'm wondering why you've stayed natural this long if you really don't wub your hair? Maybe your hair just isn't in great condition and as it gets into better condition your attitude towards it will improve?:look: I wish you the best of luck and I hope that you realise that your SO (you implied that you were living with him) is with you for so many more reasons than what your hair looks like (hopefully;) ) and that you've got to give him a chance to love it and you. HTH. HHG. C

CMW45,
Thanks for you reply.
I am not natural. I'm relaxed and have had extensive damage due to getting a cold wave and then relaxing within days. My hair has never been the same since& contiuned to relax 3-4wks. To deal with the brakage,bold spots & embarasment, I wore weaves and became addicted to them for over 10yrs. The pic in my fotki is how its been for years. In November, when I found LHCF is when I decided to take charge of my own hair and I'm still committed.

January Noir,
Thanks for you sympathy
The moral of the story is I don't want to hide anymore. I don't want to be ashamed of me or my hair. When I read OP story I felt happy for her because I know how it is to hide your real hair, afraid of what others will think and say. I want to be free- therefore I am committed to healthy hair care form here on in. One day I will learn to love me & my hair too.

Last edited:
Golong said:
CMW45,
Thanks for you reply.
I am not natural. I'm relaxed and have had extensive damage due to getting a cold wave and then relaxing within days. My hair has never been the same since& contiuned to relax 3-4wks. To deal with the brakage,bold spots & embarasment, I wore weaves and became addicted to them for over 10yrs. The pic in my fotki is how its been for years. In November, when I found LHCF is when I decided to take charge of my own hair and I'm still committed.

January Noir,
Thanks for you sympathy
The moral of the story is I don't want to hide anymore. I don't want to be ashamed of me or my hair. When I read OP story I felt happy for her because I know how it is to hide your real hair, afraid of what others will think and say. I want to be free- therefore I am committed to healthy care care form here on in. One day I will learn to love me & my hair too.

Thats how i feel..

Back