Le Kair Cholesterol Plus vs. Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus

Type 4a/b users, which is better as a deep conditioner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use Lekair Cholesterol Plus I feel its excellent and I love what it does with my hair as far as stregthened. I don't like how my hair feel afterwards and I know its because of the protein in it. What can I add to get the softness. This is what I have around the house: Olive Oil, Honey, and Coconut Oil.

I just used the Lekair today. I put it on and sat under the dryer for 40 mins. My hair has not been this soft and smooth in about a year. What have I been waiting for! This is a product that I used to use all the time. Now it is going to be a staple again. I did add about 2 tbls. olive oil and 2 tbls. acv. Fantastic results!

Never tried LeKair - is it a moisturizing DC? Anywho, I LOOOOVE the Lustrasilk!!! I cant believe its so cheap! Wish I had gotten it before I wasted 16 bucks on Keracare Humecto which had the same moisturizing effect as putting water on my head...but that's a different thread :D

Never tried LeKair - is it a moisturizing DC? Anywho, I LOOOOVE the Lustrasilk!!! I cant believe its so cheap! Wish I had gotten it before I wasted 16 bucks on Keracare Humecto which had the same moisturizing effect as putting water on my head...but that's a different thread :D

Interesting comment.

I love LeKair. Lustrasilk is OK. Just stay away from the hollywood brand. Worst cholesterol I have ever used.

I just got some LeKair cholesterol a couple of days ago and have it in my hair at the moment. I mixed in a Table spoon of evoo a table spoon of Unrefined palm oil and a couple of pinches of msm. I applied to dry hair and felt my hair just before covering it with my plastic cap.

My hair already felt very VERY soft.
I nearly rinsed it out because i need strength and not softness right now (I'm about 11 days post relaxer)

I cant wait to feel how my hair turns out when i wash out.:yep:

Oh and the kicker is after a bad experience with le kair aloevera, i ONLY bought it because there were two tubs for 1.99 (BOGOF)!!
If this does me good, i'm flying back to that shop to stock up:look:

I've tried both and I have to say that Lustrasilk won hands down. It made my new growth feel like butter. Le Kair was the business until I tried Lustrasilk. :yep:

I've tried the Lustrasilk before but nothing beats LeKair Cholestrol. The one in the pink/orangey color conditioner and jar. The jar I mean is like white clear but I buy the huge jar cause I can use most of the little jar in one deep conditioning. That's what thick MBL/WSL will do for ya! But thank God cause I've been at this thing for about three years.:grin:

When I initially did this poll I chose lustrasilk shea butter. But now I really like the lekair's much better. I use it for prepooing sometimes.

Thinking of trying LeKair once I use up the rest of this lustrasilk. I noticed build up FAST...and they went and put mineral oil in it.

I am a lustrasilk girl for years, although, I am sure I have used LeKair... Of the varieties out, I actually use the carrot oil formulation (that is the version I used before when my hair was long and strong).

I've tried the Lustrasilk before but nothing beats LeKair Cholestrol. The one in the pink/orangey color conditioner and jar. The jar I mean is like white clear but I buy the huge jar cause I can use most of the little jar in one deep conditioning. That's what thick MBL/WSL will do for ya! But thank God cause I've been at this thing for about three years.:grin:

The price is nice, too. Good quality conditioners at a reasonable price is what appeals to me.

I haven't used Lekair in a few years so can't remember anything about it. I'm sure I liked it though, but I love Lustrasilk.

lustrasilk did nothing for me, i tried la kair olive oil cholesterol creme and it was love at first dc. i mix it with rice bran oil :)

I'm ride or die for my LeKair Shea Butter Cholesterol + 30 mins of heat, makes my hair softer then butter, its a miracle worker for my hair.

Is the Le Kair Cholesterol conditioner a protein based or moisturizing conditioner? Or is it a mix of both?

It's a mixture of both. (very little protein though) I add silk amino from time to time to give it a protein boost and also extra aloe vera juice, olive oil & jojoba when i'm 6-8 weeks post. I had used Lekair for years and stopped using it to buy more expensive, ineffective products. :perplexed but since joining lhcf and seeing so many people rave about it, I bought 4 jars from walmart for 1.99 the other day. I use atleast 3/4 of a jar to deep condition. I just hate that it has mineral oil in it. It's my only beef with it.

It's a mixture of both. (very little protein though) I add silk amino from time to time to give it a protein boost and also extra aloe vera juice, olive oil & jojoba when i'm 6-8 weeks post. I had used Lekair for years and stopped using it to buy more expensive, ineffective products. :perplexed but since joining lhcf and seeing so many people rave about it, I bought 4 jars from walmart for 1.99 the other day. I use atleast 3/4 of a jar to deep condition. I just hate that it has mineral oil in it. It's my only beef with it.

Wow I had no idea, everyone raved about it here so I just bought it, should've read the ingredients.

Wow I had no idea, everyone raved about it here so I just bought it, should've read the ingredients.

:yep: Yep! But it doesnt seem to keep my hair from being moisturized or holding moisture. So, I'm sticking with it. You just have to be sure to clarify atleast once a month.

Lekair hands down. Lutrasilk was ok but it has nothing on Lekair. I don't know why i started using anything else. I need to get back to this pronto.

If you mix LeKair w/Olive Oil it will make your hair softer. It seem like a protein to me. I recently replace it with another DC.

Now Lustrasilk is the bomb, I love this stuff. I hate they stop selling it by the bulk.

LeKair was just okay on my relaxed hair. Last night, I used it for the first time on my natural hair, and :love: My hair detangled like a dream, amazing slip, and today it is very soft. And it's only $1.87 at Wal-Mart?! Staple!

Back