Layered Ladies! Please Come IN!!

sxyhairfetish

I just got my layers recently and I seem to be using heat a little too often to straighten my hair after a wash. A BIG No No... So how do you ladies maintain your layers without heat? or if u do use heat, what do u use to protect your ends? What protective styles can be done with layers?

I don't have a response to your question, but I just wanted to let you know that your layers are beautiful. Your hair looks so full and healthy. I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you.

Have you tried pincurling? That's how I was able to keep my layers curled when I was relaxed. If you wrap it, they'll just fall straight with the rest of the hair. My mom sleeps on rollers but I couldn't get with that. lol You still get the same look. Hers just looks curlier unless she combs some of the curl out.

yea see I used rollers too like bmoreflygirls' mom or I just wore it straight. I love them when they are layered but they are a pain the butt sometimes.

healthyhairin07 said:
I don't have a response to your question, but I just wanted to let you know that your layers are beautiful. Your hair looks so full and healthy. I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you.
Thank you :) I love yours and bmoreflyygirl's hair texture its beautiful.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Have you tried pincurling? That's how I was able to keep my layers curled when I was relaxed. If you wrap it, they'll just fall straight with the rest of the hair. My mom sleeps on rollers but I couldn't get with that. lol You still get the same look. Hers just looks curlier unless she combs some of the curl out.

I pincurl everynight and when the ends start to get frizzy, I wrap it to straighten out the ends. But after I wash, how would one make their hair straight without using heat? Now I feel OBLIGATED to keep it straight because its in layers. I tried the airdry thing and I just look plain retarded.

sxyhairfetish said:
Thank you :) I love yours and bmoreflyygirl's hair texture its beautiful.

I pincurl everynight and when the ends start to get frizzy, I wrap it to straighten out the ends. But after I wash, how would one make their hair straight without using heat? Now I feel OBLIGATED to keep it straight because its in layers. I tried the airdry thing and I just look plain retarded.

Thanks! You'd probably have to rollerset it sxyhairfetish. I can't think of any other way to do it. :ohwell:

:( I was really trying to avoid this lol I guess theres no other way. Time to break out the rollers again. Im just so used to airdrying and leaving it in a bun. I cant even do THAT anymore without the front sticking out. Im so lazy its ridiculous. Im off to the rollersetting techniques thread.

Ineedhair said:
Sxyhairfetish, where did you get your layers done at? Your layers are very nice.

Thank u :) I got them done at Sophy's in Brooklyn (east Flatbush). They do a great job. Most of the hairstylists there have layers anyway so I figured they would do well.

sxyhairfetish said:
Thank u :) I got them done at Sophy's in Brooklyn (east Flatbush). They do a great job. Most of the hairstylists there have layers anyway so I figured they would do well.

Thanks for the info, they did a great job. I might have to make my way out to Bklyn once I reach my goal.

When you do go, ask for a stylist named Julie. Shes excellent and she listens. Whatever it is that you don't want her to do, she will not insist upon it, she will just automatically stop. And she remembers exactly what you like and don't like.

Your hair looks great! Glad to see I'm not the only one lovin' long layers!! My hair is similar to yours...a little more tapered on the sides. I have a long face so I need some tapering for long to look good on me.

bmoreflyygirl said:

That's what I do. I use the Satin covered foam rollers, but only a few of them. I could never sleepin rollers before, but these seem to work out well. I put a few in and use a wrapping satin scarf around them and then secure that with just a regular bandana or something.

I don't even do that everyday either most time just during the week. Even on the days I don't my hair stays decently styled.

Pixel Lady said:
Your hair looks great! Glad to see I'm not the only one lovin' long layers!! My hair is similar to yours...a little more tapered on the sides. I have a long face so I need some tapering for long to look good on me.

Thanks! Not to sound stupid, but what does tapered mean? Is the front full on the top and thinner at the bottom?

That's what I do. I use the Satin covered foam rollers, but only a few of them. I could never sleepin rollers before, but these seem to work out well. I put a few in and use a wrapping satin scarf around them and then secure that with just a regular bandana or something.

I don't even do that everyday either most time just during the week. Even on the days I don't my hair stays decently styled.

I have been trying to find satin covered foam rollers for a long time! Where can I find them?

sxyhairfetish said:
:( I was really trying to avoid this lol I guess theres no other way. Time to break out the rollers again. Im just so used to airdrying and leaving it in a bun. I cant even do THAT anymore without the front sticking out. Im so lazy its ridiculous. Im off to the rollersetting techniques thread.

I don't like my layers. I got layers in the front and in the back. I wish I would've only gotten them in the front instead. Too late now. :( A problem I have with the layers up front is that when I wear my hair pulled back, the shorter hairs do stick out. I have to wear a headband. But I usually braid my hair and put perm rods on the ends. I just happen to like my hair full.

Back