Last minute dates

phynestone

I have this thing about not accepting last minute dates. By this, I mean being asked for a weekend date on a Friday! I just can't do that.

I told the guy 'no and perhaps another time.' You can't expect me to drop my plans just to go out with you. He's a football player, so I don't think he's used to girls telling him 'no.'

I don't think you should expect a last minute date. Did he think of you at the last minute? Why he couldn't give you more notice?? And I agree, why should you just drop things to see him? Kindly tell him you need to have more notice.

I can't go on late notice dates because I have a child, so any man dating me will need to give me enough notice to sort out childcare.

Very good, last minute dates are a no no. To me that smells of the other chick backed out or that he was bored and needed something or someone to do.

Girl, just tell him you so fine, you better ask me early...cause I got plans!:lachen::yep:

I will have to use this one day. I am so serious!

Update - He got back to me very quickly and has suggested next weekend. :yep: We'll see how that goes. Gotta keep these guys in check and show them who's running things! Just kidding...sort of. :look:

ETA: We started talking yesterday and I guess he was impressed with my good looks and intelligent conversation. That's why he didn't ask earlier.

Last edited:
Yall just started talking yesterday?? Then that's not last minute... Well, it is but at the same time it's not due to the time span. I'm still happy you didn't take that mess though. Show him early who's boss. And obviously he likes it because he quickly accommodated.

Very good, last minute dates are a no no. To me that smells of the other chick backed out or that he was bored and needed something or someone to do.

THANK YOU!

One time a dude called me at 11pm on a Saturday night :huh: And then he got offended when I didn't want to "meet up" with him. Whatever dude. I am not a booty call!

Last minute dates are a no go. Unless we have something already planned for that weekend and we need to postpone from Friday to Saturday or Saturday to Sunday, then it's not gonna happen. I have a life so men need to respect that.

I use to think it was ok for if I had nothing better to do but a old mentor was like that not acceptable because he isn't considering you high enough and what not.I believe it all depends on the stage of the relationship.Now that fact you 2 are so new heck no but if it goes to higher level then maybe.

Good. I was friends with a guy like that before...he had a lineup of woman and never made plans ahead of time. Whoever said yes is who he went with. And he would give some lame excuse about working overtime that week as to why he didn't call ahead (that's if they even asked)...

Back