lala, Your hair is off tha' hook!!!!!!

Koffie

I was looking at the hair predjudice thread and saw your post, and almost made the mistake of thinking you were Supergirl in your avatar. :lachen:

Your hair is georgeous, and I'm suprised if no one has given you a shout out already.

Keep up the good work :up:

hope you don't mind if I post the link to your album....

Here it is for those who want to see

http://ilovemimosas.blogspot.com/

I was thinking the same thing!!! I saw her avatar last night and did a double-take. I was like "how did I miss that!" Like everyone said, beautiful hair!

:eek: I almost missed this thread, you guys are so sweet!!!! Being compared to Supergirl is a huge compliment b/c she is definitely more beautiful than I am.

My hairtype is 4a and my new hairdresser just relaxed with Affirm relaxer. It's not too bad, but I prefer Design Essentials. I think it keeps my hair from drying out as much. My hairdresser back in Cincy would usually wrap my hair and I'd sit under the dryer for 2-3 hours. She would then just comb it out and lightly bump my ends with the Chi. I don't usually wear protective styles, although I should b/c my hair gets stuck in my purse strap, my desk chair, etc. My regime is simple. I go to the hairdresser! I've tried to do my own hair but it comes out bushy and thick. For some people the thick hair is lovely, but on me I don't like it. But anyway, between shampoos/touchups I minimize heat, although I do use my Chi if my hair gets too puffy. The products that I use are Now jojoba oil, Sabino moisture block, and L'occitane's shea butter creme around my hairline when it gets frizzy.

I think the main thing that has helped my hair to grow is not doing a lot of styling, my hair in the avatar is how it looks just about everyday. I do wear ponytails too. But I'd have to say that the only think that bothers me is that most people think my hair is fake. We practice smart hair tips and everybody thinks we're wearing weaves. Like I said in another thread, we've got to show the world that we can grow our hair long like everybody else!!!!!

I make sure I wear a satin scarf on my hair at night, but I don't wrap it. I just comb it back, twist it like I'm making a ponytail and then put a bobby pin at my hair line. That's it!!!! Thanks for the compliments, this really made my day!!!! :D

pradalover said:
Very gorgeous. Her hair reminds me of SherryLove's.

O-M-G!!!! That is a huge compliment considering that SherryLove is one of my idols and she has a unique, beautiful head of hair.

lala said:
I've tried to do my own hair but it comes out bushy and thick. For some people the thick hair is lovely, but on me I don't like it.
:D

OMG..Mee too!!!!!!
Thats y I wear so many leave ins so it can weigh it down otherwise it would just be a big bush and I don't like it on me.
So u must get your relaxer bone straight as well.

Very pretty.

thanks for the shea butter tips. I'll have to do that for my frizzies. I was going to just flat iron them all over again.

lala said:
O-M-G!!!! That is a huge compliment considering that SherryLove is one of my idols and she has a unique, beautiful head of hair.

GIRRRRRRLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!YOU ARE LOOKING LIKE MY HAIR TWIN NOW!!!!!!LOL....YOUR HAIR IS SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!AND OF COURSE, I LOVE THE LENGTH....I HOPE IT REMAINS GORGEOUS AND CONTINUES TO GROW........

sylver2 said:
OMG..Mee too!!!!!!
Thats y I wear so many leave ins so it can weigh it down otherwise it would just be a big bush and I don't like it on me.
So u must get your relaxer bone straight as well.

Yes, I do. When it's straight, it's easier to manage and style.

SherryLove said:
GIRRRRRRLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!YOU ARE LOOKING LIKE MY HAIR TWIN NOW!!!!!!LOL....YOUR HAIR IS SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!AND OF COURSE, I LOVE THE LENGTH....I HOPE IT REMAINS GORGEOUS AND CONTINUES TO GROW........

Me too!!!! What a compliment, especially coming from you gorgeous!!! I hope we all continue to achieve our hair goals. Originally, I didn't have a goal to achieve waistlength hair, but I think I'm going to give it a try.

Honeyhips said:
Very pretty.

thanks for the shea butter tips. I'll have to do that for my frizzies. I was going to just flat iron them all over again.

Thanks everyone -- you ladies are amazing!!!

Honeyhips, your hair is long too girl. The L'occitane hair cream works wonders on the edges, especially when you get new growth and it tries to frizz.

Wow Lala your hair looks gawgeous, I almost passed this up thinking your pic was Sherry or Supergirls too,then I read the name hahaa.
Length, thickness it looks a little past WSL whatever your regime is please share we all want to know. I'm curious to see how long your hair will grow if you just let it keep going. I think between you and all the other WSL and beyond ladies are making me curious to see how long my hair will grow--mmmm....I may be changing my hair goal...again.

Back