lala, Your hair is off tha' hook!!!!!!

Beautiful hair. There is so much inspiration. I can't wait for the day my hair is the long and beautiful. Did I say beautiful?

simplycee said:
WOW! Where you been hiding all that beautiful hair LaLa?

I've been hanging around for a while, just not as vocal as I could be I guess...

seni, can you help me pick mine up too? My goodness, I think I've fallen in love. :love: Lala, your hair is just . . . beautiful-- I'm staring at my ultimate goal here guys.:yep:

Lucia:

Thanks girl. You can do it. I’m curious to see how long it will grow too. My previous hairdressers always chopped my hair off, but I learned from the ladies here to say “no” when they insist on cutting vs. trimming.

cheers.gif

To all my new best friends --- Thanks!!!!

Koffie, Lovelylocs, MsBrown76, Uncutandgettinglonger, Missvi,Rmwms, Alli77, SweetCashew, SecretDiamond, RabiaElaine, Pradalover, Lav123, Cinnabuns, Sweet Ambrosia, PerfectDoak, RootPunch, Cheriflava74, JenniferMD, Simplycee, Jewell, Ekomba, Senimoni, Qtgirl, Honeyhips, SherryLove, Lucia, Jasmin

lala said:
:eek: I almost missed this thread, you guys are so sweet!!!! Being compared to Supergirl is a huge compliment b/c she is definitely more beautiful than I am.

My hairtype is 4a and my new hairdresser just relaxed with Affirm relaxer. It's not too bad, but I prefer Design Essentials. I think it keeps my hair from drying out as much. My hairdresser back in Cincy would usually wrap my hair and I'd sit under the dryer for 2-3 hours. She would then just comb it out and lightly bump my ends with the Chi. I don't usually wear protective styles, although I should b/c my hair gets stuck in my purse strap, my desk chair, etc. My regime is simple. I go to the hairdresser! I've tried to do my own hair but it comes out bushy and thick. For some people the thick hair is lovely, but on me I don't like it. But anyway, between shampoos/touchups I minimize heat, although I do use my Chi if my hair gets too puffy. The products that I use are Now jojoba oil, Sabino moisture block, and L'occitane's shea butter creme around my hairline when it gets frizzy.

I think the main thing that has helped my hair to grow is not doing a lot of styling, my hair in the avatar is how it looks just about everyday. I do wear ponytails too. But I'd have to say that the only think that bothers me is that most people think my hair is fake. We practice smart hair tips and everybody thinks we're wearing weaves. Like I said in another thread, we've got to show the world that we can grow our hair long like everybody else!!!!!

I make sure I wear a satin scarf on my hair at night, but I don't wrap it. I just comb it back, twist it like I'm making a ponytail and then put a bobby pin at my hair line. That's it!!!! Thanks for the compliments, this really made my day!!!! :D
Your hair is simply gorgeous Lala and I love the simplicity of your hair regimen. I would like to simplify mine a little more.

When you do use your Chi, do you ever get split ends from the direct heat?

Your hair IS gorgeous. When you first posted your avatar pic, I went straight to your website to look at more. I tried to leave a comment, but it wanted me to sign up fr an account. I triedc to get an account just to leave you a comment, but it didn't work. N E ways, you are truly an inspiration to all us long hair hopefuls ;)

wow how did i miss this thread and you avatar, that hair is simply marvelous and your in Vegas too. We need to call a hair meeting

Very pretty, Lala! Where have you been hiding?!?!?!?!

You're right, we're here growin the healthy manes and folks swear we have tracks...catch 22, I suppose.

I loev your Firm blog too...very creative. You appear to be commited to your regimen and that's terribly important in achieving those kinds of goals. Kudos to you!

Beautiful hair indeed...I never really saw your album during my lurking days...don't understand how i could of missed it...but i'm speechless, you're such an inspiration.;)

Supergirl said:
Oooh La La is right! I am loving your length and yes you and Sherry Love could be hair twins.
That is a huge compliment especially coming from you Supergirl...
Isis said:
Your hair is simply gorgeous Lala and I love the simplicity of your hair regimen. I would like to simplify mine a little more.
Isis said:
When you do use your Chi, do you ever get split ends from the direct heat?

Thanks Isis. I use it bi-weekly, and I haven’t experienced split ends….
Armyqt said:
Your hair IS gorgeous. When you first posted your avatar pic, I went straight to your website to look at more. I tried to leave a comment, but it wanted me to sign up fr an account. I triedc to get an account just to leave you a comment, but it didn't work. N E ways, you are truly an inspiration to all us long hair hopefuls
Thanks Armyqt. Sorry for the trouble. I’ll put together a more user-friendly hair album…
msportugal said:
wow how did i miss this thread and you avatar, that hair is simply marvelous and your in Vegas too. We need to call a hair meeting
Yes we do!!! I’d be glad to meet you and any others in the area!!!! Let's get together!!!!!!!
Divine Inspiration said:
Very pretty, Lala! Where have you been hiding?!?!?!?!
Divine Inspiration said:
You're right, we're here growin the healthy manes and folks swear we have tracks...catch 22, I suppose.
I loev your Firm blog too...very creative. You appear to be commited to your regimen and that's terribly important in achieving those kinds of goals. Kudos to you!

Thanks sweetie. I love the Firm, but I haven’t been as consistent as I should be.
Lady_Lioness said:
Beautiful hair indeed...I never really saw your album during my lurking days...don't understand how i could of missed it...but i'm speechless, you're such an inspiration.
Thanks Lady Lioness. I never posted the pics in my signature before, but I will try to keep it up-to-date.

Thanks Sharee, Brickhouse, SouthernGirl, Faith, Ayeisha, Msshic!!!! The compliments are very flattering especially coming from you beauties!!!!!!!!

Back