Lady in my siggy- What hairstlye is this?

Harina

The 1st lady in my siggy with the baby on her back. Does anyone know what style that is and what is used to make her hair like that. It almost looks like rubber or some waxy product.

I'll post a pic in the thread later just in case I change my siggy, but I'm being lazy now.

I don't know but those are really beautiful styles. If I had to guess, I would say a form of twist or locks. Now the lady in green is obviously sport cornrows, I think...:ohwell:

I think it is threaded plaits. Its done with a synthetic thread, with the thread wrapped around the hair. The thread is the reason for the rubbering shi´ne of the hair.

I think it is threaded plaits. Its done with a synthetic thread, with the thread wrapped around the hair. The thread is the reason for the rubbering shi´ne of the hair.

You are talking about the lady on the right?

I don't know but those are really beautiful styles. If I had to guess, I would say a form of twist or locks. Now the lady in green is obviously sport cornrows, I think...:ohwell:

Yes, but what is the rubbery stuff. It doesn't look like thread like the lady with the cornows/plaits.

It looks like finger or comb coils to me. You know, when you apply product to the hair and start from the root and twist the hair around your finger (or comb) to the tip?

Yes, but what is the rubbery stuff. It doesn't look like thread like the lady with the cornows/plaits.

There's a "thread" we used to call "raffia thread" that is used in threading. It's shiny and looks like plastic:

rafia18_gr.jpg

I'm wondering if that's what's been used here.

my friend had that style before when she first went natural, so I THINK it should just be twists done with gel (protein gel or brown gel) =) hth

oops sorry for the duplicate guys! Ill fix it as soon as i get to a computer, also i meant to say coils not twist and the other poster is right, they're done with a comb, they twist the comb on the section of hair with gel in it.
again sorry for the double post m on my silly phone n can't fix it right now

Looks like finger coils to me. Here's a pic of a set I did on my DD after she BC'd. I only used a little Ecostyler Gel. They lasted about 5 days or so. We had to re-twist some of them daily and she couldn't go more than 5 days without washing. (she hates dirty hair)

ETA: Yes, they look more like comb coils. Finger coils are much easier, IMO, but they are harder to do if the natural hair is very tightly coiled/not curly.

Attachments

• fingercoils.jpg
    fingercoils.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I'm asking about the lady on the left? But I thought it was the lady on the right who had plaits/briad?

I think everyone agrees that the lady on the right has plaits. Ajoke was talking about the lady on the left. We both think it's threading with a shiny type of thread.

I'm thinking she used a thread like was used here but didn't wrap her hair from the base but left the base loose and then coz her hair isn't long, she just left them sticking out:
f_threadhairm_a0a83d9.jpg

30644981.jpg

Back