Ladies who work out, TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY!!!

shtow

Well a while ago my hairdresser told me to sit under the dryer after working out. I never tried it until this morning. Last night I straighted and lightly curled my hair with my Sedu and I refused to give up my cute style for a workout! So before bed I moisturized with Elasta QP oil moisturizer (love it) and pincurled. I went to the gym, and did my normal 1 hour and 15 min routine which consists of 15 mins weights and an hour of cardio. I worked out w/o a scarf, with the pincurls in place. I had two bobby pins per pincurl for a tight hold. Well, I came home, got in tand out he shower and sat under the Pibbs for only 3 minutes! Would you believe my hair came out banging?!!! Didn't even look like I went to the gym. In the past I worked out with pincurls and let it airdry for an hour and it still looked a hot mess, but I know its the dryer that held the style! I am a moderate sweater. So if you sweat heavily, I would suggest 10 mins under the drier. I am so happy I can get my body right and still look cute! Cuz I was tried of going to class looking a hot mess! Just wanted to share :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Oh yeah, I also wanted to add, I am in love with Elasta QP oil moisturizer and Fantasia Serum for color treated hair. I HATE THE REGULAR SERUM in the pink bottle but the one in the blue bottle is the business. My hair came out silky and while most heat protecants block out moisture, this allowed my hair to take in the moisture after styled. U know a PJ gotta add a product review LMAO

Thanks for sharing:yep: I've been wearing braidouts during the week and flat iron on some weekends (if something special is goin on). It's cool to know that I don't have to wait until the weekends to enjoy a wrap.:drunk:

your roots didn't get all fuzzy? thats what my problem is. the length of the hair is fine, but the roots get all gross looking.

My roommate and I have been discussing what to do with our hair after workouts. I'm going to try this this weekend. Thanks!

I sweat so much, I have no choice but to rinse the salt off my scalp. :nono:
So I just work out after work. But I'm glad you found something that works! :yep:

Thanks for posting. I am going to try this.

Not sure if my texlaxed flatironed tresses can hold out under the Turbo Jam workouts, but it is worth a try!

Shoot!:wallbash: I just got the one in the pink bottle! I couldn't remember which one sucked ..

Why do you hate it?
Because my hair gets fuzzy with it for some reason, and it seems like my hair blocks out any moisture. I dont have this problem with the blue, and I know it sounds corny, but my color (I have permi colored tips) really "pops" with the blue. Its one of the best heat protectants I have tried IMHO!

Because my hair gets fuzzy with it for some reason, and it seems like my hair blocks out any moisture. I dont have this problem with the blue, and I know it sounds corny, but my color (I have permi colored tips) really "pops" with the blue. Its one of the best heat protectants I have tried IMHO!

I know what you mean, that happens if I use Chi Silk Infusion .. I guess I'll see today .. I'm glad I only got the small 3.99 bottle ..

Thanks for the tip! I will try! I am natural that wears my hair rollerset/flatironed alot. My edges get fuzzy. I wear a joggers headband on my hairline and dont remove it until my hair drys. I will try this with the hairdryer method you suggest!

Thanks for sharing!

I have pincurled my hair and worked out then showered . I then released the pincurls and they looked so nice (pics in my fotki).

Hmmm, I think taking the shower right after the workout and using the shower cap acted as the Pibbs would.
I'll try using my pibbs for the time you mentioned and see what results I yield!!

Thanks for the tip! I take a couple cardio classes at the Y during the week and have been looking for pre and post workout hair regimens so I don't look like a hot mess after working out.

Back