Damage from Conair Hooded Dryer

hot_pepper96

I have a Conair Hooded Dryer. It only has two heat settings: high and low. I always dry my hair on low for 45 mins to an hour. When I rollerset I only apply UBH Dew Spray moisturizer and Santa Fe Leave-In serum to my hair. I've been noticing since I stopped oiling between the rollers, that my curls have been coming out bouncy but dry and the ends brittle.

Before I would use WGO between the rollers and let it marinate over night. Then, I would go under the dryer in the morning for like 20 mins. Should I use a heat protectant now on my hair too to stop this dryness?

VinDieselsWifey said:
i would use a heat protectant any time i got under the dryer. i like CHI silk infusion.

I agree with the bolded part. I use Proclaim Heat Protectant from Sally's.

I have retired my conair hard hood dryer because the heat was too high and concentrated on the top of the head. My hair broke off like crazy on the top a year ago, ruining a year of progress. I have since purchased a Gold n hot dryer which is lower heat with more settings and more even air flow. I still feel sad when I see the areas that broke off and have not caught up with the rest of my hair yet. I'm definitely more careful with dryers now.

Back