Ladies who use Paul Mitchell's The Detangler, we need to talk!

Divine Inspiration

At the end of the year, I was using PMTD regularly, and the product was an orangey-yellow color. I didn't purchase anymore until last week after an unpleasant detangling experience.

Well today was my first time using this new bottle, and as I was mixing my deep conditioner concoction, I reached for the PMTD and squirted 2 or 3 dollops in the bowl, but the product was WHITE! :confused: Did they change the formula?? If they didn't, why did the color of the product drastically change? I got this bottle from the same store I've purchased this product from before so I don't think it's a result of a different vendor although I have noticed that a lot of the "salon" lines including Nexxus, Redken, PM, and others, being mass-marketed in Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.

I'm concerned b/c 1) I really like this product and would hate to see it altered and 2) I have a big ol' liter bottle of it, and if it's ineffective, I have to try to find a way to dispose of it (exchange board, I guess). I'll test the effectiveness of the product today after I rinse my deep con mix, but I was anxious to see if anyone knew anything about this.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Interesting. I bought the detangler from Target and it was orangish. I didn't like it so I gave it to my co-worker. She told me that its usually white. I, too, wonder whether the orangish one is different because it didn't do too much for my hair.

mine is orange-ish... i dont find much use for it right now. i'll probably save it for my long stretch during the summer :ohwell:

Divine Inspiration said:
At the end of the year, I was using PMTD regularly, and the product was an orangey-yellow color. I didn't purchase anymore until last week after an unpleasant detangling experience.

Well today was my first time using this new bottle, and as I was mixing my deep conditioner concoction, I reached for the PMTD and squirted 2 or 3 dollops in the bowl, but the product was WHITE! :confused: Did they change the formula?? If they didn't, why did the color of the product drastically change? I got this bottle from the same store I've purchased this product from before so I don't think it's a result of a different vendor although I have noticed that a lot of the "salon" lines including Nexxus, Redken, PM, and others, being mass-marketed in Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.

I'm concerned b/c 1) I really like this product and would hate to see it altered and 2) I have a big ol' liter bottle of it, and if it's ineffective, I have to try to find a way to dispose of it (exchange board, I guess). I'll test the effectiveness of the product today after I rinse my deep con mix, but I was anxious to see if anyone knew anything about this.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm still working on my first bottle, and it has an orangey-yellow color. It works okay for me. But nothing beats my Mane N Tail!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, this is odd. Some folks have had the white, others the yellow. Hmmm...I wonder if there's some way to distinguish the two by looking at the bottle. I don't immediately notice a difference, but maybe there's something I'm not seeing. :confused:

Anybody care to post the ingredients from the orange/yellow bottle to see if they match the white?

Hmmmm...mine has always been white.

I'm no chemist :brainy: , but maybe the color inconsistancy has something to do with when the product was manufactured...the newest batch starts out white, and over time the ingredients oxidize and the color starts to turn yellow/orange?
It probably wouldn't change how well the detangler works, just how it looks.
Does that make any sense?

Back