Ladies who use 'hot flaming tools of torture' how do you prep the hair?

Bubblingbrownshuga

I noticed that many relaxed heads use a protein amongst other products prior to relaxing and I was wondering does anyone use a protein treatment prior to straightening? What other techniques/ products do you use to counteract damage from the heat?
Thanks so much and please don't be offended by the term in the title- I plan on using that torturous tool, too.:grin:

Not the flaming hot toll of torture LOL. I use heat protectanct and I have a strict protein regimine. Light once a week and heavy every six weeks. I don't have too many problems out of my hair.

Not the flaming hot toll of torture LOL. I use heat protectanct and I have a strict protein regimine. Light once a week and heavy every six weeks. I don't have too many problems out of my hair.

Turner, what protectants do you use? I was thinking as a light treatment using either my ORS condish or Aubrey's GPB and for a harder treatment, Elasta QP antibreakage serum.

lol @ hot flaming tools of torture :lachen:

i see no need to do a protein treatment before straightening. using heat doesn't remove any protein from the hair, so (personally) i see no need to add protein back. however, after i do use direct heat, i do make sure to deeeeeep condition with heat the next wash.

I noticed that many relaxed heads use a protein amongst other products prior to relaxing and I was wondering does anyone use a protein treatment prior to straightening? What other techniques/ products do you use to counteract damage from the heat?
Thanks so much and please don't be offended by the term in the title- I plan on using that torturous tool, too.:grin:

Bubblingbrownshuga...have you relaxed?

Just curious...:look:

lol at the title.I never do protein right before I use heat,my hair doesn't come out as soft.I DC beforehand though.

Did you pull that quote from the hair forum where they call relaxers "fire cream?" :lachen:.

Last edited:

omg you're alive!!!

let me see, i wash, deep condition, use redken anti-snap leave in and smooth down heat glide, plait into four, let air dry overnight, then flat iron the next morning.

i do that ONCE a year for my trim.

Moisturizing or clarifying shampoo, condition and SKIP the castor oil that I usually slather through my wet hair.

wash, dc 20 mins, rinse and detangle with just for me detangling spray, add ltr leave in and serum, dry loose under dryer until 75 percent dry,blow dry with comb attatchment, flat iron with no additional product.

omg you're alive!!!

let me see, i wash, deep condition, use redken anti-snap leave in and smooth down heat glide, plait into four, let air dry overnight, then flat iron the next morning.

i do that ONCE a year for my trim.

Yes I'm alive. LOL I thought I sent you a message and commented in your album....if not I love love love your haircut. Gorgeous.

Sorry for the slight highjack

Back