Ladies Who Press, Which is the Lesser of These Two Evils?

I'm on a mission for maximum growth this summer and I'm trying to stay away from heat. I have a special occasion coming up this weekend I feel so confused about what I should do with my hair. My fellow natural ladies, What do you think would be best thing for me to do out of these evil heat options lol:

A. Blowdry my own hair and attempt to straighten it ( I have so far successfully completed 3 months with no heat whatsoever)

or

B.Blowdry my own hair (to stretch out the hair a little) then twist and slap in my new Hairzing

I sometimes feel that if I am going to go ahead to blowdry my hair, that heat alone is horrible and I might as well go all the way and finish it off with a hard press and have some swinging hair. I just figure if I am going to use heat I might as well go all the way. But then the other part of me is telling me to chill out and lay low this summer without heat or option B. BTW, My ends are also in horrible condition and are need of some babying. I would like some advice please. I am all over the place... :wallbash:

If you want straight hair, I'd say go for a blowdry & a rollerset. If you want just loosened/stretched hair, I'd say airdry in braids, and slap in the Hairzing....

I say stretch your hair overnight in big braids or banding and then do a flat iron if you want to show length.

or

Twist hair wet with a hair butter or something to make it shiny and bouncy.

Blowdrying sucks all moisture from my hair and break my ends.

Thanks for the replies ladies. Wonderstar, you are right, blowdrying is really bad and probably especially bad for me because of the condition my ends are in..

I don't want to twist my hair wet because I want to show some length.
My hair takes days to dry so overnight in braids wouldn't work...

I say stretch your hair overnight in big braids or banding and then do a flat iron if you want to show length.

or

Twist hair wet with a hair butter or something to make it shiny and bouncy.

Blowdrying sucks all moisture from my hair and break my ends.

LOL, It's funny you ask me that question. Before I clicked the thread I was asking myself whether I should go out and buy a hooded dryer. I have been pushing it off for awhile now. On the other hand if I go out and buy a hooded dryer now I might as well spend the $65 dollars I decided not to spend to get my hair braided in individuals tomorrow....

Thanks for the replies ladies. Wonderstar, you are right, blowdrying is really bad and probably especially bad for me because of the condition my ends are in..

I don't want to twist my hair wet because I want to show some length.
My hair takes days to dry so overnight in braids wouldn't work...
You can do big braids and sit under the dryer to dry (use heat protectant, esp on ends) then flat iron... or put in the hair thingie..

LOL, It's funny you ask me that question. Before I clicked the thread I was asking myself whether I should go out and buy a hooded dryer. I have been pushing it off for awhile now. On the other hand if I go out and buy a hooded dryer now I might as well spend the $65 dollars I decided not to spend to get my hair braided in individuals tomorrow....
The hooded dryer will last longer....:look:

:nono: The hooded dryer will come in good handy:yep:....

I agree with what AtlantaJJ said. Sit under the hooded dryer to dry. Or do some rollerset. You know how to do that?

Go get that hooded dryer:grin:

Wow, I feel horrible. If I am not burning my hair or braiding it up and leaving it alone, I don't know what to do with it.

I'm not really ready for hooded dryer purchase even though I do agree that it would be a great investment. I definitely see how it would have been handy in a time like this. Anyone have any dryer recommendation or prices for future reference?

sigh. i still don't know what to do with my hair...

You can do big braids and sit under the dryer to dry (use heat protectant, esp on ends) then flat iron... or put in the hair thingie..

Should I be putting heat protectant on my hair even when I sit under the dryer to dry my plaits? :S

Back