**Ladies who go to the salon and don't use any products...

Neala21

Looking for any ladies here especially those who are transitioning or natural that go to the salon bi-weekly to get their hair done.

Do you use any products in between your salon visits?

I ask this b/c I just found my hair stylist and she is great, she transitioned from relaxed to natural and has been natural for 5 years and her hair is near waistlength. Her hair is GAWGEOUS!!! :grin: She specializes in natural and long hair care whether relaxed and natural. She is about low manipulation and a lot of practices I believe work for hair its like she be on LHCF!

Anyways
My sister got hair done by her and it turned out great but she did tell her to throw away her products and not to use any products in between hair visits especially because the products my sister were using was still leaving a film on her hair even after washing her hair and that it was causing her hair to have endless splits (MAJOR) which has caused her to have several hair goal setbacks. :wallbash:

SO my question is are there any ladies that don't use any products in between salon visits and there hair has thrived? :rolleyes:

Also this hair stylist is big on DCing especially prior to using heat and uses a heat protectant and doesn't overload the hair with products.

i can say when i was relaxed, my hairstylist told me to never use grease or any product like pink oil moisturizer. And so i didn't..she told me to pick up Pink Lusters No Frizz Shine Spray, which is what she'd spray on my hair before she blow dried, and she'd lightly mist my hair with it again when she would hot comb. My hair had never felt so great. And i had just started going to her after i had the worst damage ever to my hair. And every few days i'd mist my hair with that spray. I don't think it was the spray that helped my hair, though i'm sure it kept my hair somwhat moisturized, but a lot of times i wouldn't use it..i almost never straightened my hair or did my hair on my own because i'd go to the salon every 2 weeks. I would use close to no products and my hair had never looked so great or grown so fast...but of course i had set backs with my hair growth because i got it colored. But i think your hair can thrive with using no products in between salon visits depending on how much you go to the salon.

I didn't for a WHILE. But my hair was NL, so it never really brushed on my clothes .. and it was for a week. I never DC'ed though, and her products of choice were Biosilk, Mizani Sheen and some quick spritz. My hair looked really good, too. But I wouldn't do it now.

My soon to be mother and sister in law both get their hair done every two weeks at the salon and I'm pretty sure they do not use anything on their hair in between visits. Both have healthy APL hair now and his sister used to have waistlength hair, until she got tired of the length. So maybe its not a bad thing to do. They wear it down everyday too!

i did that when i was transitioning, for 9 months. i got dominican blowouts on a regular basis. i think in the between time i used oil sheen and chi silk infusion (although my reasoning for the 2nd one escapes me at the moment).

Back