Ladies who darken their hair

dicapr

I am thinking of getting a semi-perminant black rinse in my hair after my touch up this coming week. Will this cause dryness? My hair is already dry and if it is going to cause it to dry out even more I will just skip it. I really want jet black hair for the winter, but I don't want any more set backs due to coloring issues. How often can you use heat with it? I plan to flat iron the roots only during week 8-12 of my stretch.

I use Wella Demi colors, which is quite gentle. Most hair colorants can cause some dryness. You can combat that with a good moisterizing conditioner though.

-A

Try Colourshines-no dryness and a lot of shine. But not permanent, washes out after awhile depending on the color.

After my last touch up I used Bigen, it is permanent but does not contain ammonia or peroxide. Afterwards I deep conditioned with a moisturizing conditioner and my hair came out very soft and not dry. HTH

punchinella said:
After my last touch up I used Bigen, it is permanent but does not contain ammonia or peroxide. Afterwards I deep conditioned with a moisturizing conditioner and my hair came out very soft and not dry. HTH

I've been eyeing this for awhile. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Bigen is really great as far as not drying out your hair I used it for about 2yrs straight the oriental black color. In that two years my hair grew super fast. I have not used it for almost 11 years and my hair is still not as light as it was before I started coloring it. I don't know if it had anything to do with the product cause I 'm sure all of that hair has been cut away but I don't know why my original color never came back in. This was the only color I used ever in my life. I was actually thinking about using it again for the winter.

I use Sebastian Colourshines as well when I want to darken my hair. I use Coffe Bean but I never used black. My hair is not dry and seems stronger and less susceptible to heat damage. However, I do use Porosity Control or Wella Regenal right before rinsing. This helps to detangle and combat any dryness. Hope you find something that works well for you.

(I am trying to wean myself off my dark hair addiction. I miss my Coffee Bean. :sad: )

Back