Ladies! Ladies! What worked for you??? The Best

Lishaboo

Ladies
I have extreme thinning in the temple/sides area of my head. It started to get worse when I started going to the Dominicans. I don't go as much as I used to but I don't see my hair coming back. Please help me!!!!!! I've seen products mention on here like: Protectiv, ORS, Dr. Miracles. My hairdresser suggested I use Mizani Night-time treatment. Please tell me what has worked for you!!!! What you suggest I use? How often, etc? :confused:

Thank so much!!!!!!

Do you brush your temples at all? If so stop. Also I would try to buy vitamin E capsules and break one and rub into your hair. Also rub a drop of vatika oil too.

Drink A LOT of water. I mean A LOT of water and massage your temples nightly.

I've been usig BT, MTG, and Jamaican Black Castor oil to grow back my edges as well as gain thickness. So far I loving it. Also I agree with kandi, don't brush your hair. I only comb my hair and that is with a wide tooth comb. What about your diet? Are you eating enough of the right things? Are you adding vitamins to your diet? These things definitely help.:D

Thanks for all the great info!!!! I had some Vitamin E pills in the freezer (hopefully they are still good) that I started to use over the weekend. I know I need to get some more vitamins like: biotin. I'm currently taking a multi-vitamin, calcuim and vitamin C pills.

I'm going to try a couple of these suggestions and hopefully something will work for me.

longhairluva said:
I used Rogaine and it worked but the rogaine is really drying. I had to make sure I moisturized my temples a lot.

Rogaine? Really? How long did you have to use it? And how often would you moisturize your temple in a day?

Some things that may help:

Stop relaxing your edges (if you are relaxing at all)
Stop brushing (mentioned above)
Put Vitamin E oil on your edges twice a day
Massage the edges gently
Lean upside down at least once a day after massage
Use BT or a growth stimulant on edges
Check your results in 30 days
Definitely get on a multivitamin including Biotin and B vitamins

I hope your edges come back in full force soon!

the mizani nightime h2o treatment is used to moisturize hair.. it does that great, i love it, i havn't personally used it on my scalp or temples to regrow hair. i havn't heard anyone on the boards using it on their scalps to regrow their temples or napes. you could look into MTG or BT or maybe even rogaine like people have been mentioning. I would definitly recomend MTG if you aren't already using it. After coming out of braids my temples seemed to be thinning and I took MSM religously and they filled in in no time... Good luck to you tho, there's hope its just finding the right products and regime that works for you :)

I had major thinning of my temples after ONE DAY of wearing a microbraid weave... I was :mad: . I tried BT, but it dried my hair out something fierce, and made my hair brittle and crunchy. I recently bought a bottle of Wild Growth Hair Oil, which I'd used in the past, and I'm finding that application of that 2-3 times a week is not only growing in my temples nicely, but my hair is growing faster and fuller overall, and my hair is REALLY soft! It's also great at sealing in moisture and preventing breakage, and a very little goes a long way.

HTH

I used WGO at first but then I started using a spritz by Hair2Hair and it filled my edges right back in. I liked that I didnt have to worry about oil dripping in my face.

*I would say take it easy with the brush. Use a soft boar bristle brush if you are not doing so already.*

I think this is the one I used.
Hair2Heaven Scalp Tonic I - Lightly clarify, nourish, and promote growth via overall scalp health. Also great for refreshing scalp for those who wear braids, twists, and lox.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have been using the vitamin E capsuls twice a day for about 2 weeks. I haven't seen anything as of yet but I'm keep going. I'm also going to look into BT, MTG and Jamaican Black Castor Oil.

Thanks so much for you help!

Back