Ladies!! I washed my hair last night AND...

drappedup

OK, so as I have stated a bajillion times in all of my previous pitiful posts ( :blush: ), I am a newbie to all of this self-care hair stuff. But making progress. So. Yesterday I decided to wash my hair. First time since Tuesday. But THIS time I was equip with more than just Creme of Nature, lol. Over the last few days I've bought several different products. So I decided I would try a new shampoo/conditioner (Mane N' Tail), as well as deep condition for the first time (again, using Mane N' Tail DC, and yes I know it's a protein one, didn't realize til it was too late the moisturizer DC I have hadn't come yet in the mail, D'OH!). Soooo overall satisfied with the Mane N' Tail, don't think I DC'd protein correctly.....I only left it in for 5 minutes; no heat cap or anything yet (also in the same >.<). So, anyway, I did buy these "wrap, snap & go's" from Sally's because they looked similiar enough to the flexi rods I wanted to buy, after watching all of the youtube videos on them. I assumed they were similar, and since I couldn't find flexi rods at the places I had looked (Walmart, CVS, etc.) I just spent the 14 bucks.

They were comfy to sleep on, is all I gotta say. Anything else is not.......good.:perplexed The curls didn't come out correctly, my hair is STILL wet, they were not simple and quick to put in (quite the opposite, 1 broke after barely trying to snap it together), and just yeah....disappointed. So today I was out at the mall and I saw the EXACT kind used in the youtube videos! So I want to use them again tonight. But I think you're supposed to do it with newly washed hair, yes?

I almost feel like washing my hair again tonight just because those "wrap, snap & go" things sort of made my hair poofier and frizzier, not full of springy, springy curls like I wanted! :nono:

So basically, question IS: Am I allowed to wash two nights in a row? I'd use a different shampoo (prolly Creme of Nature again) and not DC this time. I just want to wash it and have another fresh start. Especially since you're supposed to use flexi's on wet hair (I think?), and I really want my hair to have a second chance for tomorrow. OH, and trimming your hair......better wet or dry? I youtubed, but everyone gave a very different account.

Not with shampoo. If your going to wash every day it should just be a conditioner wash. Limit shampoo to once or twice.

I have washed my hair two nights in a row because of a styling snafu. Heck, I have done it within minutes. As long as you don't make a habit of it, it's okay. As far as the trimming goes, I have done it on wet and dry hair, but I believe it is better on dry hair because it is straighter. Good Luck!

P.S. I found this article by Sistaslick on trimming on wet or dry hair. I will put the entire link at the end of the article.

You've seen the stylist in your neighborhood salon approach a head of wet dripping hair, with scissors in hand, and start to work his or her magic. But have you ever wondered whether trimming the hair while wet is the
lg.php

healthiest thing to do? This article will discuss whether wet or dry hair trimming is best for your hair.

For straighter hair types, wet cutting may not be very problematic. Straighter hair is not very vulnerable to "shrinkage" and porosity issues, all characteristics that are found exaggerated on wet, textured hair. So, for those of us who are chemically relaxed, color treated, or have curl patterns that aren't exactly uniform-- dry trimming is actually the best method of hair trimming . Why?

1.) Imagine cutting a wet piece of paper, and then cutting a dry piece of paper in the same way. You'll easily see that the cut on the wet paper is not a clean one. Your hair is really no different. Wet trimming can actually damage the (new) ends you create with the trim, leaving them more vulnerable to splitting later on. The damage is even more likely if your scissors are the cheaper variety (less than $10-15), non-hair specific shears, or good hair shears that need to be sharpened.

2.) Hair appears much longer when wet. So, a dry cut or trim will give you a better feeling of the actual, final length result. If you trim wet hair, you'll appear one length while wet and then once the hair has fully dried, you'll see that your hair is typically much shorter than you would have expected due to shrinkage.

3.) Differences with porosity and texture throughout your hair make dry cutting the better, more precise option. With porous or textured hair, some areas of the strand may lengthen more than others when exposed to water. More porous areas will lengthen the most, while less porous areas will resist that extra lengthening. Also, tighter coiled areas may not "release their curls" fully, as looser curled or coiled areas would. So, if you use your wet hair as a guide, you may end up with uneven hair in some places...http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/421654/should_i_trim_my_hair_wet_or_dry.html

If you didn't use any heavy styling products or gels I don't see any reason for you to have to wash again, in order to re-roll your hair. Just co-wash...or just wet it.

You can wash again with shampoo if you want to, I wash with shampoo all the time. If you're natural you may want to be a little more careful about washing with shampoo often.

I've done that a few times (when braidouts, bantu knots and rollersets look a HAM), and I just DC on dry hair for an hour, co-wash, and then re-do my hair.
I think washing with conditioner is safer than washing with shampoo a second time, because conditioner probably won't dry out your hair like the shampoo might.
Good luck!

So "co-washing" is just washing with regular conditioner? I think that's a negative. All I have right now is my Mane N' Tail DC and my Creme of Nature Leave In. I was just going to put in a bit of shampoo then wash. Then use the leave in and then put the flexi's once my hair is starting to dry. I don't plan on washing everyday, definitely nonononononooooo, lol.

I just want to start over tonight since those "wrap, snap & go's" sucked. Otherwise I plan on washing 2 times a week, at MOST 3 times. But I want to spread those days out to at least every other day. Tonight is just a special circumstance. :grin:

I have washed my hair two nights in a row because of a styling snafu. Heck, I have done it within minutes. As long as you don't make a habit of it, it's okay. As far as the trimming goes, I have done it on wet and dry hair, but I believe it is better on dry hair because it is straighter. Good Luck!

P.S. I found this article by Sistaslick on trimming on wet or dry hair. I will put the entire link at the end of the article.

You've seen the stylist in your neighborhood salon approach a head of wet dripping hair, with scissors in hand, and start to work his or her magic. But have you ever wondered whether trimming the hair while wet is the
lg.php

healthiest thing to do? This article will discuss whether wet or dry hair trimming is best for your hair.

For straighter hair types, wet cutting may not be very problematic. Straighter hair is not very vulnerable to "shrinkage" and porosity issues, all characteristics that are found exaggerated on wet, textured hair. So, for those of us who are chemically relaxed, color treated, or have curl patterns that aren't exactly uniform-- dry trimming is actually the best method of hair trimming . Why?

1.) Imagine cutting a wet piece of paper, and then cutting a dry piece of paper in the same way. You'll easily see that the cut on the wet paper is not a clean one. Your hair is really no different. Wet trimming can actually damage the (new) ends you create with the trim, leaving them more vulnerable to splitting later on. The damage is even more likely if your scissors are the cheaper variety (less than $10-15), non-hair specific shears, or good hair shears that need to be sharpened.

2.) Hair appears much longer when wet. So, a dry cut or trim will give you a better feeling of the actual, final length result. If you trim wet hair, you'll appear one length while wet and then once the hair has fully dried, you'll see that your hair is typically much shorter than you would have expected due to shrinkage.

3.) Differences with porosity and texture throughout your hair make dry cutting the better, more precise option. With porous or textured hair, some areas of the strand may lengthen more than others when exposed to water. More porous areas will lengthen the most, while less porous areas will resist that extra lengthening. Also, tighter coiled areas may not "release their curls" fully, as looser curled or coiled areas would. So, if you use your wet hair as a guide, you may end up with uneven hair in some places...http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/421654/should_i_trim_my_hair_wet_or_dry.html

Ahh, thank you! That's what I figured, because my hair is defnitely shorter when it is wet, and so the idea of trimming after washing seems regressive to me (unlike in some of the youtube videos). Thank you!

i've done this before when i used too much product. my blowout was like limp...not cute. so i shampooed and DC'ed again and then blowdried again.
so it won't make your hair fall out, but it'd probably just be a pain. try a DC/cowash

Never ever use shampoo without following it up with a moisturizing conditioner even if for less than a minute. That's just asking for dryness otherwise.

If you must wash 2 days in a row why don't you do a conditioner wash. Wash with conditioner instead of shampoo. You shampooed the day before so your hair will still be clean.

But I only have my Mane N' Tail DC and my Creme of Nature leave in conditioner. :(

I have ordered a moisturizing DC, but it's in the mail, and yeah. So should I use the DC again? I thought since it's a protein one that'll throw off the balance between moisture and protein using it too frequently (I used it last night)?

I'm getting confused again, lol.

Okay......so I decided to use the Main N' Tail Deep Conditioner again for a second night in row rather than going the shampoo route (trusted yall!), JUST that. Now my hair is drying in my towel for a bit, and then I'm gonna use my Creme of Nature Leave In Conditioner before I start using the CORRECT flexi rods I bought, lol. And, boy, the setting lotion I have is Kera Care. I'm all jacked up mixing my brands. :blush: I hope that doesn't throw off the results. I usually try to stick to one product line with stuff like this. Dunno if it matters or not.

I'm going to rewatch the flexi rod tutorials on youtube. I'm confident the issue I had with how my hair came out was more so the "wrap, snap & go" rollers than it was me. I have used rollers before (one of the few hair things I have done before ( hehe :blush: ), and didn't havea problem, so I feel like the correct ones I bought today will come out at least somewhat better. I even bought me some end paper and everything. :cool:

For future reference, pick up some cheap conditoner - VO5 or Suave, both about $1 at Walmart. These are both fantastic for cowashing.

HTH

Back