Ladies I need a BADDDDDD Natural half wig. PLEASE help!

DaughterOfZion1

Hey Ladies :runninghug:

So I am protective styling my hair till next September. I started this past July. I LOVEEE my sew ins but I hate not being able to see/get to my hair.
Then I was thinking....to me..the ultimate protective style is a wig!!! Being able to take it off nightly and moisturize the way you want...being able to thoroughly wash and deep condition the way I like....the thought alone excites me!!! lol

I am 20 and in college so the idea of wearing a wig kind of scares me :lachen:. I am a very playful, energetic, outgoing person and I am scared it will fall right off during a laughing fit. I always told myself that if it did I would look at it, pick it up, and slip it right back on. I wasnt going to freak out lol, but I would rather I never have to go through that.

So now I am looking for a 3a/3b/4a half wig. I want it to look like natural hair, and not all shiny. I am in the DMV area. Does anyone know where I can purchase one? Even one online? I was going to two strand twist my hair in the front (4b) and blend it. I have never ever ever done a partial since I am natural so Im kind of scared but also excited.

So does anyone have any suggestions, advice, or been through the same thing??

Thanks ladies!!

Hey lady,

I love my half wigs so much, even though I have trouble fitting them on my big head.

Anyway, my very favorite halfwig is the Tammy by Outre. It is a flyaway, brushed-out looking wavy style that forms a sort of wild---but not too wild--mane. Since you're a student, you might not have to worry about that anyway. It is not shiny in the least--it is actually kind of frizzy and the strands do not reflect light that much. LOL, that's why everyone thinks it's my hair! To blend this one, I have to brush out my curls so that they look like a frizzy mass. Usually a headband works best though.

Another good one is the Modu TrueMatch Anytime number 162. It is a spiral curly (small 3-ish curls) that looks a lot like my natural curl pattern. If it or any other synthetic halfwig is too shiny, feel free to pat your palms with baby powder or cornstarch and run them through the hair a few times. I don't need a headband for this one because it's basically a slightly looser version of my hair in its gel/leave-in wash and go state.

Another curly is the Polly (I think by Sensationnel)--that's the one in my avatar pic. But I've never owned that one.

Check out muffinismylovers on YouTube; she's reviewed a lot of curly halfwigs and her applications are always ON POINT.

When in doubt...headbands!

Last edited:
Your amazing! Thanks for all the suggestions!! That tammy by Outre is sounding kind of nice!

I was thinking about something like this...this is my friends hair that I attached. Its shiny and nice in this pic. I want something with that loose type of curl but dry looking lol

Attachments

^^^^ Yup, she always puts the name, model, brand, and color in her sidebar.

Here's a link to two curly vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMn2y3Xqp8 (the Modu 162)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDIjcdKJmbg&feature=video_response (Motown Tress LG 137)

Any time you want to see a wig, type in its make and model to YouTube and someone usually has reviewed it.

Your friend's hair would blend very well with the Modu Anytime 162 and the Polly. Her curls actually look a tad bigger/looser than those wigs, but they would blend just fine IMO with any of those spiral-curly halfwigs.

I am very specific about which size curls to get. IMO, the larger curls (diameter of jumbo chalk) always look superfake and too uniform, and the teensy tiny afro-curl wannabes never lok like proper afro curls and end up lookin like a jherri curl. :nono:

Yes you are so right about the curl sizes!!! I hate when they look so fake and shiny and uniform. Off to research the ones you suggested.

In my perfect world, I would find a Brazilian Wave wig/half wig. I LOVE the texture!!! LOVE IT!!! But I cant find any wigs made from them :(

I have an express weave by Vanessa. Her name is La Jay. It's a cheaper alternative to the Modu, and I :love: it.

ETA: I don't even have to leave any of my hair out for blending, total protection baby! And it's soooooooo soft!

Attachments

• LaJay.jpg
    LaJay.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Hey lady,

Another curly is the Polly (I think by Sensationnel)--that's the one in my avatar pic. But I've never owned that one.

I just wanted to say that I own the half-wig in YankeeCandle's avatar pic & i absolutely love it. it's only $20 & you can get it in any BSS or online @ hairsisters.com I dont wear it straight out the bag; i use a paddle (yt girl) brush & brush it out a lil so the curls are not fake-looking. i never straighten the leave-out hair in the front when i wear this wig...i dont have to! i am a natural 4B & this wig blends perfectly w/ my hair.

The style # is HZ 7009 by Sensationnel
hth

I have an express weave by Vanessa. Her name is La Jay. It's a cheaper alternative to the Modu, and I :love: it.

ETA: I don't even have to leave any of my hair out for blending, total protection baby! And it's soooooooo soft!

Love this one, will probably get for the new year rock it for 2-3 months.

Hey lady,

I love my half wigs so much, even though I have trouble fitting them on my big head.

Anyway, my very favorite halfwig is the Tammy by Outre. It is a flyaway, brushed-out looking wavy style that forms a sort of wild---but not too wild--mane. Since you're a student, you might not have to worry about that anyway. It is not shiny in the least--it is actually kind of frizzy and the strands do not reflect light that much. LOL, that's why everyone thinks it's my hair! To blend this one, I have to brush out my curls so that they look like a frizzy mass. Usually a headband works best though.

I am liking Tammy too. It is like a more refined version of Sasha which I have and really love. http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...it=30&value1=sasha&value2=0&value3=0&search=0

Do you have a pic of what it looks like?

ETA: Tammy is CUTE!!! I need her and Sasha!

We seem to like the same type of natural looking wigs hehe.

Anyone seen a brazilian wave type of wig?

I am reallllyyyy feening for one
In the video you posted upthread the video is captioned as a Modu LaceFront and I believe in another video she said it was an Invisiine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmtxuNIb2fM
MochaEyeCandy recommended this wig earlier in the thread and it looks similar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctPWC4TORrY&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=85F9F5ECDAB985C5

Last edited:
bhy-pb-12.html
imgres
hair.jpg
I know this is wavier, but when you put some product it in it curls up. I've seen it in action. lol

So I think I'm about to make a wig...a slightly excited/ scared. I want to make a full...but one with the front middle open ...wonder how I'm going to pull this one
off lol

Where did you purchase this? I am looking for it and can't find it.

I just bought La Jay too and I loooove it!!!

As soon as I learn how to use my MAC I'll post pics. I look hot in it if I must say so myself. It's big hair though. I got it in 1 but I think I'm gonna get a 4B/30 for the Summer.

Cosigning on the La Jay, I bought it today and I love it! Can't wait to wear it this weekend, and I'm thinking about purchasing another one as a backup lol

Back