Ladies above shoulder,how are you wearing your hair everyday?

JerriBlank

I am currently in braids,but i may take them down and mess with my own hair.
I am underprocessed,and while i can see how this may benefit me(thicker hair),my hair is so short that it just puffs out when dry.
I want to do a corrective,but i think that i have heat damaged ends,so i do not want to do that right now and risk doing major damage to my hair.

What are you ladies doing with your hair on a day to day basis?
It's too short for me to bun it up myself,and when i just pin it up,it poofs up all around the clip(underprocessed parts).
I can't rollerset myself yet to be trying to pull that off everyday,so what other options do i have?
Thanks!

I wear my hair in cornrows and I rock a wiggie. I do this because I started out with very short hair and I wanted to stretch my relaxer to the fullest amount. At least until April and this way I can also look professional :grin:

I'm rollersetting and silk wrapping it 2 times per week.
My hair is too short to bun also. I'm reaching the bottom of my neck in length, so I'm gonna have to do something else, soon. I've been thinking about braids for the summer. :ohwell:

ETA--The only suggestion I can think of to give with underprocessed hair is to do a braidout or twistout or learn to rollerset for straightening the hair. Start doing more deep conditioning to help the overall condition of your hair before you add more chemicals.

Last edited:
I wear a fro on the daily:grin:.

If the braids are working for you, I suggest using them to help grow out the heat damaged hair. No need to put extra stress on already fragile hair.

Braidouts and twistouts are a great way to air dry without added poof. You can pin your hair up afterward, and because it's a textured style the poof around the clip works with the style, not against it.

I do flattwists - either on two strand twisted hair (looks very eleborate and fancy) or on loose hair - and I break my head into 'sections' so that the length doesn't hold me back any....

Okay ladies,i'm taking notes:yep:
So i should stick to my braids for now huh?What about if i alternate for a lil while? I'm crown and glory challenging,so i gotta stay within guidelines too,but i don't mind going back and forth with regular styles and braided styles.
Keep em coming!!

Back