Lace wigs

Do lace wigs look fake

• Yes i think they look fake.

Votes: 123 28.0%
  • No i think they look fine.... if you get a good one.

Votes: 316 72.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My lace front has arrived ladies!!!! I'm taking a trip to Paris next week and I want to wear this lace front and leave my hair alone for 1 week.

Dimensions: 14 inch Indian Remy Yaki Hair, Color #2, Medium Density $160 :yep:

I will definitely post pictures!!!:yep:

Definitely post what you do/ how it goes bc this is the same as mine- medium density 14 inch remy yaki #2 (psychic!)

NCLady, can you give the details, i.e. vendor, color and ordering specs, for the chinese light yaky LF you're wearing in your fotki? It's gorgeous and just what I need for this cold winter...:rolleyes:

I have only used two vendors. One American vendor is LH boutique and Chinese vendor is Jacksun. I haven't ordered from Jacksun in about 9-10 months. I have been getting my lace wigs from LH boutique. All of the lace wig information is in the fotki above the photos. If you are unble to see it, let me know and I can send it to you. If you have any questions let me know...

NCLady, can you give the details, i.e. vendor, color and ordering specs, for the chinese light yaky LF you're wearing in your fotki? It's gorgeous and just what I need for this cold winter...:rolleyes:

I want one. There is a lady that I work with part-time and she has one and it looks BEAUTIFUL! The next time we work together I am going to make it a point to ask her about her's :yep:.

OMG NClady!!! That wig is absolutely gorgeous on you. It doesn't even look like a wig @ all!!! I can't wait until mine comes in. I am very unsatified w/ the vendor I used. I paid an extra $40 for rush order and it's still not here. I demanded my $40 back. I ordered from xquizitehair.net. I ordered the italian yaki, 8", color 2, custom fit w/ ear panel stretch, french lace, light density, and bleached knots in the front. Although I'm unsatisfied w/ the customer service I still want my wig!! I hope I can get my app as fab as yours.

Let me know if you need any help.

OMG NClady!!! That wig is absolutely gorgeous on you. It doesn't even look like a wig @ all!!! I can't wait until mine comes in. I am very unsatified w/ the vendor I used. I paid an extra $40 for rush order and it's still not here. I demanded my $40 back. I ordered from xquizitehair.net. I ordered the italian yaki, 8", color 2, custom fit w/ ear panel stretch, french lace, light density, and bleached knots in the front. Although I'm unsatisfied w/ the customer service I still want my wig!! I hope I can get my app as fab as yours.

This is where I order my lace wigs from. Customer service is excellent.

LH Boutique

This is store: http://www.lhboutique.com/catalog/index.php?osCsid=lkitujb936tq7tgqpq38apoq05

This is the ebay store: http://myworld.ebay.com/luxurioushairboutique/

The Kimora is lovely... I got it to wear to a Christmas party... I will take photos and post them when I apply it.

I got my wig, non-lacefront, from lhboutique on ebay. I recommend them. Very fast shipping. I think I ordered on a Tuesday and received it on a Friday.

I tried my first application of my lace front and FAILED miserably. It was a disaster. I had to take a couple of days off to go back and do more research and watch youtube tutorials. I still don't think I'm 100% ready to try again.

NClady, you are the "boss" with these LF!!!

Thank you.. What type of glue or tape are you using? If you have a webcam I can walk you through it.

I tried my first application of my lace front and FAILED miserably. It was a disaster. I had to take a couple of days off to go back and do more research and watch youtube tutorials. I still don't think I'm 100% ready to try again.

NClady, you are the "boss" with these LF!!!

This is where I order my lace wigs from. Customer service is excellent.

LH Boutique

This is store: http://www.lhboutique.com/catalog/index.php?osCsid=lkitujb936tq7tgqpq38apoq05

This is the ebay store: http://myworld.ebay.com/luxurioushairboutique/

The Kimora is lovely... I got it to wear to a Christmas party... I will take photos and post them when I apply it.

Hi NClady...like the other ladies have said, your wigs and application are impeccable. Thanks for sharing. When I'm ready, I'm going to use your density percentages as a basis for ordering my wig.

ETA: I didn't see the "custom" option on either site. How would I go about ordering a custom wig? My head is a tad too small for a stock wig.

Last edited:
Thank you.. What type of glue or tape are you using? If you have a webcam I can walk you through it.

Thanks girl. I sure do wish I had a working webcam....lol.

I used the Davlyn Green Bottle and also tried the blue line tape. I could not rid my fake hairline of the white residue the glue leaves behind and then the hold did not feel secure at all.

My only wig cap ripped after I cut it to get rid of the thick line. It was a mess. My skin was so irritated that I just gave up trying to apply and remove glue and tape for 2 hrs.

Those lace front applications are no joke. I also feel my stock lace unit may be a tad bit to small for my head. :look:

I am taking a breather then retrying later this month....hoepfully! :ohwell:

How many layers of glue and minutes are you letting the glue dry before you apply it? Did you get a chance to go to Black Hair Media to check out the Lace Wig section?.. I will type something up this weekend if I don't get to busy that will be a step by step with applying it. I know how it can be sometimes applying them. I get frustrated myself..Especially when it doesn't look right..

Thanks girl. I sure do wish I had a working webcam....lol.

I used the Davlyn Green Bottle and also tried the blue line tape. I could not rid my fake hairline of the white residue the glue leaves behind and then the hold did not feel secure at all.

My only wig cap ripped after I cut it to get rid of the thick line. It was a mess. My skin was so irritated that I just gave up trying to apply and remove glue and tape for 2 hrs.

Those lace front applications are no joke. I also feel my stock lace unit may be a tad bit to small for my head. :look:

I am taking a breather then retrying later this month....hoepfully! :ohwell:

Thanks.. The custom unit that is in my fotki is from a Chinese vendor-Jackson. The Kimora is from LH Boutique. I have other units from LH Boutique that I need to post pictures of so that you can see them. The units that I have ordered from LH Boutique have been stock units. I think that they will be doing custom units later on this year.

If you need help with ordering a custom unit let me know and I will help you.

Hi NClady...like the other ladies have said, your wigs and application are impeccable. Thanks for sharing. When I'm ready, I'm going to use your density percentages as a basis for ordering my wig.

ETA: I didn't see the "custom" option on either site. How would I go about ordering a custom wig? My head is a tad too small for a stock wig.

I know what you mean now. LOL. How do you keep the hairline and nape down though?
I stretch the lace flat against my hairline and pin at the top of my ears and at the temples. I wear swoop bangs and always a side part. That's my normal style anyway. I pin behind my ears on both sides and three pins at the nape that's it. No one can even tell. I just told a very close friend I had on a wig and she freaked out!! :lol: She had no idea. My wigs are custom fitted so that makes a huge difference. I know some women wear custom fitted wigs without any tape, glue or bobby pins... its all about the fit.

I wear curlies and straight light yaky's, I don't try to wear high pony tails or a pulled back look, that wouldn't work. I am more interested in being able to get to my hair every day to massage my scalp, apply growth aids and to wash and deep conditon. I also take my wigs off to workout.

How many layers of glue and minutes are you letting the glue dry before you apply it? Did you get a chance to go to Black Hair Media to check out the Lace Wig section?.. I will type something up this weekend if I don't get to busy that will be a step by step with applying it. I know how it can be sometimes applying them. I get frustrated myself..Especially when it doesn't look right..

I got a ton of info from BMH. That site helped out a great deal.

I did two layers of glue and let it dry 7-10 minutes (bad application)
I did a layer of glue then tape on top and let dry for like 8 minutes (Bad application)

I also did a thin layer of glue to reduce residue and let that dry for like 10 minutes until it was sticky (good application but of course it did not hold)

My skin was getting red and irritated after all those applications. I had to moisturize my face with cocoa butter for two nights to relive the tenderness.

DH was like :perplexed the whole time.......lol.

Last edited:
I got a ton of info from BMH. That sight helped out a great deal.

I did two layers of glue and let it dry 7-10 minutes (bad application)
I did a layer of glue then tape on top and let dry for like 8 minutes (Bad application)

I also did a thin layer of glue to reduce residue and let that dry for like 10 minutes until it was sticky (good application but of course it did not hold)

My skin was getting red and irritated after all those applications. I had to moisturize my face with cocoa butter for two nights to relive the tenderness.

DH was like :perplexed the whole time.......lol.

I recommend adhesive prep wipe (you can get this from a medical supply store - I can send you a box if you are intrested, I'm not using them anymore), one layer of that, let it dry then a layer of liquid bandage (I can't think of the brand right off hand) Then let that dry. Then put on your adhesives, your skin needs protection against the glues from the tapes.

That's IT! I am getting a lace front! :lol: These look so realistic!! I think I am going to start with a cheap one, a la Beverly Johnson or some other synthetic brand.

Hey Manushka did you see Keedah's you tube on how she applies with just wig clips?
Here's the link girly........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLy2o7sxtc

Here is a link to my fotki where I did something similar, but I cut a slit in mine so that I could wear my own part. http://public.fotki.com/SelfStyled/2007/2008/lacefront/
Just like Atlanta JJ- I don't want my wigs interupting my hair reggie.

Big Ups to Atlanta JJ and Keedah for making me realize to sport these LF's with no adhesives.

Good Luck! I hope you get it figured out

I recommend adhesive prep wipe (you can get this from a medical supply store - I can send you a box if you are intrested, I'm not using them anymore), one layer of that, let it dry then a layer of liquid bandage (I can't think of the brand right off hand) Then let that dry. Then put on your adhesives, your skin needs protection against the glues from the tapes.

See that's what I don't understand. I used a skin protector that came with lace kit. However, I don't remember applying it to my skin after every re-application. :look:

Girl, this is no joke.....lol. LF are tough to get for real.

I love LF's but it all depends on how you wear it, the type of hair you order, the length, and the application. Those factors are very important when trying to make it look realistic. I say go for it.

Okay ladies...I am very close to making my first lace wig purchase...but tell me, when you're wearing the lace wig do you feel self conscious?

Okay ladies...I am very close to making my first lace wig purchase...but tell me, when you're wearing the lace wig do you feel self conscious?

I didn't, but I didn't wear wigs that were far from my natural color/texture. I probably would have felt more self-conscious if I was wearing something that appeared more "fake".

I didn't, but I didn't wear wigs that were far from my natural color/texture. I probably would have felt more self-conscious if I was wearing something that appeared more "fake".

Oh ok. I mean as far as the hairline showing and everything. Is it so realistic that a person wouldn't know you have it on?

Back