Lace Front Wigs- let's talk about 'em...

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Okay, I've never worn one- I've only done whole wigs, but mosly half wigs. I've seen some REALLY good ones (and BAD ones)- I was thinking about braiding my hair and getting one. So I just checked out this lady Ms. Lola who seems to be the authority on lace front wigs on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS7fNAMvWEw

While I was watching, I was :shocked: when she turned to the side at 0:35!! Is THAT what happens to your hairline with prolonged use of lace fronts??

That's what CAN happen. But if I remember correctly Ms. Lola had alopecia BEFORE she started using lace fronts.

That's what CAN happen. But if I remember correctly Ms. Lola had alopecia BEFORE she started using lace fronts.
Okay, I was wondering. I asked her, but she hasn't responded to me yet. Thank you for clearing that up. It looks beautiful when she's done with installing it. The fact that that can happen due to LF wigs scares me.

Okay, she responded to my question asking if her hairline is damaged from wearing LFs, her response was:
4Designers (1 hour ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam

Hi-- My hair loss is not due to wearing full lace wigs, but traction alopecia. My hairline is very thin and I do shave the downy hairs away for a smooth long lasting application.
--Ms Lola

I think they are very beautiful but Ive seen them being put in :wallbash:not very pretty sometimes....and Ive seen them being taken out :wallbash::wallbash: Ill keep them and their shaving the hairline and their glues away from my scalp!!!! but hey If you like it its your head!!

I think they are very beautiful but Ive seen them being put in :wallbash:not very pretty sometimes....and Ive seen them being taken out :wallbash::wallbash: Ill keep them and their shaving the hairline and their glues away from my scalp!!!! but hey If you like it its your head!!
Yes! I didn' know until today that people actually shave their hairline! :nono: That's not good at all.

Back