Lace Front Wigs. How to make them?

FashionistaNY

Anyone has any clues how to make the lace fronts wigs?

Anyone who owns one, could you perhaps give some insight on the construction of your wig?

I wonder how do they hand tie the hair into the unit. Is there an instrument?

I love taking on new projects and thought this could be a fun one.

Wow, that is a lot of work. I would rather purchase one. I do predict this summer there are going to be a lot of cheap looking home made lace fronts. Just like the awful tracks glued onto a stocking cap. Cheap cheap cheap

ThickHair said:
Wow, that is a lot of work. I would rather purchase one. I do predict this summer there are going to be a lot of cheap looking home made lace fronts. Just like the awful tracks glued onto a stocking cap. Cheap cheap cheap

I guess it all depends on who is doing it. I myself would take my time and do the strand by strand method that I was reading on. Looks like it would probably take me about 2 months considering my schedule. But I think it will be a fun mini hobby to engage in.

FashionistaNY said:
I guess it all depends on who is doing it. I myself would take my time and do the strand by strand method that I was reading on. Looks like it would probably take me about 2 months considering my schedule. But I think it will be a fun mini hobby to engage in.
Fashionista, I'm curious, did you ever do this? Or has anyone ever made their own lacefront? I'm starting to get intrigued by the idea of the lacefront, but I can't see myself shelling out that kind of money to an online vendor where the sale is final before the product is even made. That's a lot of money to spend for something that you can't see feel, touch or try on before buying it. Plus, I've been reading on BHM about some vendors taking thousands of dollars from people and giving them nothing. :eek: That's a lot of money to shell out to just end up getting jipped.

Back