LA Ladies...want your hair done for FREE?

Divine Inspiration

Hey ladies! :wave:

Yesterday, I went to a new stylist who's doing something new. She's in LA trying to build her clientele, and rather than putting business cards at BSS like most stylists do, she's really marketing herself.

She put an ad out stating that she would perform press & curls, shampoo/styles, rollersets, etc for FREE this entire weekend. She refused to do a chemical service on anyone because she wanted people to get to know her, and she wanted to get a feel for each lady's hair before she did anything drastic.

I must admit that I was skeptical as always with stylists. I sent her an e-mail, and we went back and forth. She answered all of my questioins to my satisfaction so I made an appointment for yesterday evening.

She greeted me when I came in, and she started ON TIME. This is very important for me considering I've dealt with stylists who have you waiting 30 minutes -2 hours before they even touch your head.

I came in with shampooed and conditioned hair because I didn't know what to expect. In hindsight, it would have been ok to let her do everything because she LISTENS, and whatever I asked, she would have done.

So, she gently detangled my 11 month post relaxer hair with a wide tooth comb (She was SO patient with it), and she added a leave-in and heat protectant. She braided my hair into 4 sections so it would finish drying, then she GENTLY blowdried my roots on the low setting. Then she started flatironing. She started out with the ceramic iron (YES :yep:) but she had to switch to the marcel because my hair was laughing at the ceramic iron. I've had the same problem at home with my Maxiglide...my natural hair needs HEAT to get straight...and a measly ceramic iron is NOT going to get it, even at the highest setting. So she was sure to take the iron out of the stove so as not to burn my hair. Not once did I hear that awful sizzle that I would always hear when other stylists used marcel tools. So, she continued using the marcel on the natural portion and using the ceramic on the relaxed portion. (:yep:)

When she was finished, my hair was BEAUTIFUL. It was straight and shiny, and she didn't insist on trimming!

Best of all, as we were talking, we discussed the things I do and don't like in a stylist. She has no problem with me bringing my own product or deep conditioning at home or whatever I want to do. So, she knows I demand great customer service, and she delivers. She doesn't seem to mind long hair either. My hair was a couple of inches below my bra strap (I did a mini trim when I got home), and she didn't go into any speeches about cutting it or it being too long, and all the craziness I've heard before.

I was pleased with everything she said so I inquired about her rates. This was what had me on the floor:
SHAMPOO/STYLE : $35
RELAXER (I told her I wanted to bring my own relaxer if I decided to relax again): $45
:eek: :D
She may have given me these rates because my hair is thick and long and a handful (especially last night) so her rates for other people may be even less.

I'm excited. I won't be going to her every week or anything like that because I don't think salon styling is good for the hair that often (more rigorous washing, more heat, etc), but I'm definitely planning to keep her in my back pocket. When I told her I wanted to make another appointment, she immediately asked me about the days and times I was available. She said that she likes to work around her clients's schedules. I'm impressed. :)

So LA ladies, if you want to get your hair done and not shell out the cash, go see her. You can't lose because a) She's not doing chemical services or trimming. and b) She listens. and c) It's FREE!

Her contact information is below. She said she was planning to continue her "Style-a-Thon" throughout this week so be sure to inquire about the "Style-a-thon" and ask if she's still offering the free services. Tell her Lisa sent you! :)

Stephanie D Singleton
The VIP Treatment Mini Day Spa
5700 East Beverly Blvd
(off Atlantic Blvd., & 60 hwy)
Los Angeles, CA 90022
(323) 727-7724
[email protected]

EEEKSS, I wish I could go but I don't have time today. SHOOT!!! I literally just got out the shower and blowdried my hair too so it would be a waste of time :perplexed

Well call her or e-mail her anyway if you're really interested because she may do this through the end of this week (Fri/Sat 10/13-10/14).

Divine, your hair is beautiful! Thanks for the information about the stylists. I'm always on the hunt for one that listens. I will be e-mailing her to get some more info.

Oooh, this is coming right on time. I want to start a fotki. I just talked to her. She was so nice. I said the deciding factor to come to her was the fact that Lisa said she listens.

That's just as important as price to me. (being free doesn't hurt tho' :grin:)

I'm going to make an appointment for the end of the week. I'll report my experience then. Hee! This is so cool.

Thanks Divine Inspiration!!

Oh Yeahhhhh!!! I gotta an appointment for tommorrow at 2pm. I will let ya'll ladies know how it goes. Thanks Divine!;) Good looking out!

I would call but I'm scared that once she sees all this hair she's going to be like "uuummm eerrrr uuhhh... that'll be 75 dollars" :ohwell: :lachen:

Divine...your hair... dish the regime and relaxer you use, your hair is soooooncieand healthy!! TIA

Crissi, x

Browndilocks said:
I would call but I'm scared that once she sees all this hair she's going to be like "uuummm eerrrr uuhhh... that'll be 75 dollars" :ohwell: :lachen:

Girl she gave me a few strange faces when I took my bun down. :lol: She didn't realize how much hair was tucked away under there...I took it down and she ran her fingers through it and went :eek: I looked like :look: and was hoping she wouldn't send me away for having hair that was too thick and too long :lol:

She was cool though.

Crissi said:
Divine...your hair... dish the regime and relaxer you use, your hair is soooooncieand healthy!! TIA

Crissi, x

:blush: Aw, thanks chica! Well, I haven't had a texturizer since last year so I don't have an official relaxer per se, but I do plan to use Silk Elements if I go through with relaxing at the end of this month.

My regimen is my album under the journal section. It's pretty simple though...
I shampoo and deep condition once a week, and I clarify once a month. I use J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp and Biotin poo/condish sets and Nexxus Therappe & Humectress occasionally. I do light protein treatments as needed using Nexxus Keraphixx, Aubrey's GPB, or Joico K-Pak Reconstructor. I use Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree poo to clarify because I haven't been able to find a natural alternative that works as well. I use Giovanni Direct as my leave-in, and I seal my hair with jojoba oil or coconut oil. I always deep condition with EVOO or Aceite 3 oil or coconut oil mixed in my conditioner.

That's about it. I don't fuss with my hair very much. I don't moisturize every day :gasp: I just spritz my hair with my homemade moisture mix when I see fit. I do my own trims. I drinks plenty of water, eat right, and get plenty of sleep.

Let me know if there's anything you want to know that I missed. A comprehensive list of my regimen and products is in my fotki.

HTH

{DI}

Ok I went at 2pm and got out by 4pm. She is really pretty, nice and skilled. She was rocking a loose curly fro weave. It was hawt. She has awesome skin! She hooked a girl up with lush shining curls. I watched her finish up another girls curls the last 10 minutes. She does great work.

I didn't have the guts to get a flat iron or press. I's afraid of heat damage and love my carefree hair style. I had made the appointment for a press and curl. The minute I walked in she said girl why do you want to mess with all that pretty curly hair? She said she loved my look. I was blushing ya'll. :)

I started telling her about my hair journey and about the motions perm that did nothing except help with density, product absorbtion and moisturization. :lachen:

All I really wanted was a consultation, hair analyst, wash and deep condition. She did just that. She checked my scalp, edges, for any breaking or damage and ends for splits. She said my scalp and hair was in great condition. It wasn't dry or brittle. She told me to keep doing what I have been doing cuz its working. She also stated I am using great products which I brought with me(Nexxus). When I told her I use Snap Back she was like whoa I haven't heard of that in years. :lachen:She said the IC gel is a good choice. She really listened to me and asked if I had any other hair goals or desires. I told her I want a cellophane and just a wild long curly mane. I will be seeing her next week for the cellophane.

I think she is extending the freebie this week. She also has a new 1st time client 20$ special til the end of the year for a press & curl, blow dry & style, wraps, rollersets and flat iron. She ain't no new jack ya'll

She couldn't believe these were my curls but after she hooked me up she saw it for herself. I told her thanks to this board I know all kinds of hair and beauty secrets. Ya'll da bombdiggiety!

umm... first the Desert Essence (which is the bomb!) now this... you are really off the hook DI!!! :clap: I will call and post results. THANK YOU!!!

Here's the e-mail I got from her this morning. She's extending the promotion!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Due to overwhelming response the HAIR A THON has been extended 10/12 - 10/14 for those I could not accommodate!!

You may wonder " Why?" Hosting a HAIR A THON is a traditional event I've often hosted back east (Ohio) where I am originally from mostly as promotional for holidays and going back to school.
However I'm offering this one time FREE HAIR A THON service to introduce my salon to the community, as well as to build new clientele. You've already have stylist... no worries, having a backup is always diva or by earning your trust a referrals are appreciated just the same!

Below I have posted Location and Time slots available, please select a time. Cut and Paste time chart in email then forward to me with your name and contact number (ALL appointments will be confirmed by email the night before appt) *PLEASE CANCEL IN ADAVNCE BY PHONE IF YOU CANNOT MAKE IT .

If need I can be reached by this email or (818) 972-9507 for questions or concerns.

Again thank you in advance for your support, and I look forward to meeting you soon!

Stephanie Singleton~

Schedule

Thursday October 12th

7:00 AM -
9:30: AM -
10:30 AM -
11:30 AM -
12:45 PM -

BREAK

3:00 PM -
4:00 PM -
4:30 PM -
6:00 PM -
7:00 PM-
7:30PM -

Friday October 13th

9:30: AM -
10:30AM -
11:30 AM -
12:45 PM -

BREAK

4:00 PM -
4:30 PM -
6:00 PM -
7:00 PM-
7:30PM -

Saturday Oct. 14th

6:00 AM -
6:00 AM -
8:30 AM -
9:30 AM -
10:30 AM -
12:00 PM -

BREAK

3:30 PM -
5:00 PM -
6:30 PM -
7:00 PM -

Basic Red Carpet Services Offered

-Blowdry and Style
-Press and Style
-Wraps
-Flat Iron
-Roller Set

firecracker said:
Ok I went at 2pm and got out by 4pm. She is really pretty, nice and skilled. She was rocking a loose curly fro weave. It was hawt. She has awesome skin! She hooked a girl up with lush shining curls. I watched her finish up another girls curls the last 10 minutes. She does great work.

I didn't have the guts to get a flat iron or press. I's afraid of heat damage and love my carefree hair style. I had made the appointment for a press and curl. The minute I walked in she said girl why do you want to mess with all that pretty curly hair? She said she loved my look. I was blushing ya'll. :)

I started telling her about my hair journey and about the motions perm that did nothing except help with density, product absorbtion and moisturization. :lachen:

All I really wanted was a consultation, hair analyst, wash and deep condition. She did just that. She checked my scalp, edges, for any breaking or damage and ends for splits. She said my scalp and hair was in great condition. It wasn't dry or brittle. She told me to keep doing what I have been doing cuz its working. She also stated I am using great products which I brought with me(Nexxus). When I told her I use Snap Back she was like whoa I haven't heard of that in years. :lachen:She said the IC gel is a good choice. She really listened to me and asked if I had any other hair goals or desires. I told her I want a cellophane and just a wild long curly mane. I will be seeing her next week for the cellophane.

I think she is extending the freebie this week. She also has a new 1st time client 20$ special til the end of the year for a press & curl, blow dry & style, wraps, rollersets and flat iron. She ain't no new jack ya'll

She couldn't believe these were my curls but after she hooked me up she saw it for herself. I told her thanks to this board I know all kinds of hair and beauty secrets. Ya'll da bombdiggiety!

Hey...I might have to drive over from Vegas if she can do wraps/rollersets...

Back