L-Cysteine Does WORK!!

Bumping again.

I have some NAC, not L-cysteine. I wonder which is better.

CandyC help a sister out. I'm also scared that using NAC makes me gain weight. My thighs and rear end seemed to get bigger. I suppose it's because these are amino acids? I definitely DO NOT want to gain any weight.

Anyone else experience this?

Serenity_Peace said:
Bumping again.

I have some NAC, not L-cysteine. I wonder which is better.

CandyC help a sister out. I'm also scared that using NAC makes me gain weight. My thighs and rear end seemed to get bigger. I suppose it's because these are amino acids? I definitely DO NOT want to gain any weight.

Anyone else experience this?

I need to check into this then. I'm most definitely am not trying to gain weight either.

I've been on the NAC for about 7 weeks now. 500mg a day sometimes 1000. I just saw my doc today and told her about all the vits I've been taking..all good!

The difference between NAC is that the NAC breaks down into your system faster and better than just L-Cysteine. I don't know all the scientific reasons by heart but that's the gist of it. You can also take the NAC consistently as opposed to L-Cysteine where it's recommended that you only take for periods of time and have some time off of them. As far as the benefits I believe them to be the same, NAC may be better for the way it breaks it down, which when it does it's distributed as L-Cysteine

Is anyone else experiencing any SIDE Effects from the Vitamin C?
Orange juice and I don't get along too well. I am insulin dependent and the only time I really drink oj is when my sugars are too low. But I always keep it on hand. The oj has too much acid in it for me and makes me sick. So sometimes I take the chewables

Back