L-Cysteine Does WORK!!

Poohbear said:
:look: Okay... Why did I just order 9 bottles of L-Cysteine from Puritan Pride??? I spent way too much money than I usually spend for something, but the thing is... it was a good deal! Buy 3 Get 6 FREE!!! I spent $36.65...not too bad! :weird:

I plan on taking 3- 500mg capsules for 5 months. :yep:

When this sale is over you can always order from that puritanscatalog.com(or vitamins.com) or something like that.. they seem to have the 70% off alot.. which usually still comes out cheaper than the buy 1 get 2 free..:)

I'm gonna start taking 1500 mg a day also.. are you going to take the Vitamin C too Poohbear?

RushGirl said:
When this sale is over you can always order from that puritanscatalog.com(or vitamins.com) or something like that.. they seem to have the 70% off alot.. which usually still comes out cheaper than the buy 1 get 2 free..:)

I'm gonna start taking 1500 mg a day also.. are you going to take the Vitamin C too Poohbear?
I bought some Vitamin C from the store. It was on sale at Kroger and it was buy 1 get 1 free! I'll also drink a glass of orange juice. Plus, I eat an orange daily so I'll have plenty of vitamin C. ;)

senimoni said:
Is anyone else experiencing any SIDE Effects from the Vitamin C?
Like what type of side effects??? :confused: Doesn't Vitamin C help the immune system? I've heard taking too much long-term can aid in heart disease.

Poohbear said:
Like what type of side effects??? :confused: Doesn't Vitamin C help the immune system? I've heard taking too much long-term can aid in heart disease.

Hmmm....how to say... "More frequent bathroom visits"....is the nicest way to say it :-). I'm not complaining actually b/c I don't normally go enough....I'm just wondering what will happen if I increase it at all. I currently take about 1200 mg a day.

senimoni said:
Hmmm....how to say... "More frequent bathroom visits"....is the nicest way to say it :-). I'm not complaining actually b/c I don't normally go enough....I'm just wondering what will happen if I increase it at all. I currently take about 1200 mg a day.
Well, I see it like this. If you're taking a lot of Vitamin C, I'm sure your drinking A LOT of water! ;) I take just 1 tablet 500mg Vitamin C. I go to the bathroom often, but that's because I drink water like every hour! :lol: I wouldn't worry if you have frequent urination. It could be a good thing since urinating flushes out extra waste and toxins out of your body! :yep:

Hey Corbins, I just got my Puritan Pride L-Cysteine 500mg yesterday and took 3 capsules this morning. I have a supply that will last me for 5 months. I can't wait to see results in September! :grin:

Have you seen any more growth progress with L-Cysteine???

CORBINS said:
I was taking 2000mg in the beginning, but I've changed to just 1000mg.

Corbins,

Can I ask why you decreased your dosage? I just started taking mine (2000mg) so I was just curious should I slow down or not? What is everyone else taking?

I take two that are 500mcg each so I believe 1000mcg/day?:ohwell:
I would have to double check the servings... I need to get more, I only had a 30 cap supply:)
I got more.... NAC this time with 1000mg in each cap so I have about 100 or more caps....

Last edited:
I have been taking the GNC brand for 2 months but GNC no longer carries it I will try Puritans Pride Brand.

I decreased my dosage because I started a new job and was too busy to continue taking my dosages when needed. I started to forget, so I just take on in the morning and one in the evening.

CORBINS said:
I decreased my dosage because I started a new job and was too busy to continue taking my dosages when needed. I started to forget, so I just take on in the morning and one in the evening.

Thanks Corbins for the response. I also PM'd you with a few questions. Thanks again and happy hair growing.

Poohbear said:
I didn't notice anything when I took it... maybe it was because I took it for just 1 month and decided not to buy it again... :look:

how long do you have to take it in order to see results??? :scratchch

L-Cysteine works better when taken with Selenium, Vitamin E and Vitamin C. Maybe this could work for you.

FashionistaNY said:
Becareful taking excessive dosages of L-Cysteine which can cause renal stones.
You are right FashionistaNY. That is why you have to make sure you drink a lot of water and make sure you take Vit C to prevent the supplement from oxidizing.

I have an update. I'm supposed to be working, but I was looking through my book, my journal, and I was looking at when I last trimmed my hair. Well, let me give ya'll some background.
- I started L-Cysteine on March 13th. My starting length was 5 3/4" on my crown, that was after I trimmed 1/2" off. As you know, by March 20th, my hair measured 6", that's after the first week of taking it.
- I trimmed my hair again (1/2 inch) on April 19th because I noticed some split ends. As of April 19th my hair measeured 6 1/4" post trim. I trimmed 1/2 inches off and I still have 1/2 inch of growth!!!!
Ladies!! I think my hair may have grown 1 inch in 1 month!!!! I've never had growth like this!! I don't want to jump to conclusions and have you all excited, I just can't believe it! I keep going back and checking to see if I'm wrong! I think I finally found something that works for MY hair! I'm also taking Super Hair Energizers. I've been taking those since last November, they didn't do much, but I think the combo is helping. I just wanted to give you an update!!! Hopefully I'll have another one next month!

CORBINS said:
I have an update. I'm supposed to be working, but I was looking through my book, my journal, and I was looking at when I last trimmed my hair. Well, let me give ya'll some background.
- I started L-Cysteine on March 13th. My starting length was 5 3/4" on my crown, that was after I trimmed 1/2" off. As you know, by March 20th, my hair measured 6", that's after the first week of taking it.
- I trimmed my hair again (1/2 inch) on April 19th because I noticed some split ends. As of April 19th my hair measeured 6 1/4" post trim. I trimmed 1/2 inches off and I still have 1/2 inch of growth!!!!
Ladies!! I think my hair may have grown 1 inch in 1 month!!!! I've never had growth like this!! I don't want to jump to conclusions and have you all excited, I just can't believe it! I keep going back and checking to see if I'm wrong! I think I finally found something that works for MY hair! I'm also taking Super Hair Energizers. I've been taking those since last November, they didn't do much, but I think the combo is helping. I just wanted to give you an update!!! Hopefully I'll have another one next month!

Congrats Corbins :clap: :yay:
I know I can't wait to hear your update next month. I hope I have that much success. I need to be working too..... :user:

But it's Friday.....

damn Den1 your hair is looking GOOD!!!!! I was going to buy some of this yesterday. I think I'll be going back to GNC to get it

CORBINS said:
You are right FashionistaNY. That is why you have to make sure you drink a lot of water and make sure you take Vit C to prevent the supplement from oxidizing.

I was just about to ask about the vitamin C thing. How much do you have to take?

You should take twice the amount of whatever dosage you get from L-Cysteine. I get this best with orange juice with immune support

CORBINS said:
You should take twice the amount of whatever dosage you get from L-Cysteine. I get this best with orange juice with immune support
There's several websites that say THREE times the amount. :shocked:

Corbins, any May growth updates about L-Cysteine???

I've been taking it for about 50 days so far (150 capsules consumed) and still don't see any major hair growth from taking this. :ohwell:

Back