Kinky-Curly Products

aquajoyice

Has anyone here ever used these products? I've done a little research after initially seeing it in a Black Hair care magazine and noticed that a lot of natural heads use the product. It is said to define curls with only natural ingredients. Also it keeps the hair moisturized and by the testimonials i've seen on YouTube about this it's supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread.

I went on the website and must admit that i'm very curious and have placed an order for the Knot Today conditioner, Curling Custard, Come Clean shampoo and Spiral Spritz. I'll give it a try and post my results. Also, on the website it says that it can be used on texturized and relaxed heads as long as you haven't relaxed Bone Straight. My hair is more texlaxed since i don't leave the relaxer in that long and I don't straighten that much while applying. My thing is, if this works and I notice a major difference i'll consider stretching out longer if this will allow my hair to be more manageable and if it's as good as everyone says i'll even consider going natural. The reason is I only relax for manageability and would love to free myself from the creamy crack at some point in my life, lol. So if there is anyone out there that has used this product and thinks it's not as great as everyone thinks or if it is I would love some feedback, thanks ladies!!

i like the knot today. it does detaingle very well and makes the hair soft. i just went to whole foods today and got the curling custard and spiral sprits. i had to take the come clean back because it kept ringing up as $25 and im not paying that much for a shampoo, i dont care whose name is on it.

A friend of mine had some and gave me a small jar's worth. I tried to use it to do my twistout, and my hair came out just awful. My hair looked so dry -- I'm talking THIRSTY!! And my twistout just looked frizzy and crappy.

Anyway, lots of people really love the KCCC products, so maybe I did something wrong. Whatever the case, it did not work out for me on my one and only attempt.

I love it. I cannot do wash and go with out the Knot Today and the KCCC because I have 4b hair type. My hair forms a Z pattern. I think I have a pic in my album.

I really looked forward to using it until I saw Natural Reign {now NappyChronicles} do a test with IC gel vs. ORGANIC KKC. The price difference and her YouTube video made me decide to try the IC Gel first once my hair is all natural. I do not wish to spend all that money for the KKC.

I definitely had trial and error with the product. I have some examples of my experiences with KCCC here:
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/kinky curly trrial 1 Dec 08/

and here:
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/kinky curly trrial 1 Dec 08/

password: curlzorwavez

for me, the key was adding some sort of oil on top of the product. otherwise it's crunchy and dry. The last time I used it, I did it with giovanni direct leave in, my honey child carribbean hair creme, and KCCC under the dryer. It came out much softer and I had second day hair.

All this to say if you try it, give it a few trials. It may take time for you to figure out how it works best for you.

i like the knot today. it does detaingle very well and makes the hair soft. i just went to whole foods today and got the curling custard and spiral sprits. i had to take the come clean back because it kept ringing up as $25 and im not paying that much for a shampoo, i dont care whose name is on it.

I was a little shocked at the cost of the products myself, I had to order online becuase living in Silicon Valley the Whole foods in my neighborhood doesn't have it. Not enough black folks out here I guess, lol. Thanks for the input!

A friend of mine had some and gave me a small jar's worth. I tried to use it to do my twistout, and my hair came out just awful. My hair looked so dry -- I'm talking THIRSTY!! And my twistout just looked frizzy and crappy.

Anyway, lots of people really love the KCCC products, so maybe I did something wrong. Whatever the case, it did not work out for me on my one and only attempt.

Yeah i'm looking for all the horror stories becuase going to YouTube there isn't a person there that seems to have had an adverse affect with it. And it makes me a little suspicious.

I definitely had trial and error with the product. I have some examples of my experiences with KCCC here:

and here:

password: curlzorwavez

for me, the key was adding some sort of oil on top of the product. otherwise it's crunchy and dry. The last time I used it, I did it with giovanni direct leave in, my honey child carribbean hair creme, and KCCC under the dryer. It came out much softer and I had second day hair.

All this to say if you try it, give it a few trials. It may take time for you to figure out how it works best for you.

Thanks wavezncurlz!! Your hair is beautiful! My biggest fear is having crunchy hair. My hair has to be soft and swinging otherwise it's up in a bun.. thank-you for your honesty!

see it can make your hair feel sort of stiff, but it doesn't dry my hair out. plus as the days go on, my hair looses the stiffness and becomes more flexible. time to rinse, your hair doesn't feel like all of the moisture has been sucked dry from it, mine actually feels soft and moisturized.

i can go 7 days straight with kccc in my hair and still go another 7 days, it works that well on my hair.

though i don't suggest it for twistouts or such. any style that you are trying to manipulate your hair i dont suggest kccc. it was meant for WASH AND GO styles, not twists or anything else. i wouldn't even waste it on a twist style or what have you.

i can go 7 days straight with kccc in my hair and still go another 7 days, it works that well on my hair.

I love KCCC too! I usually apply it once a week and then just wet my hair everyday. You can use too much though which could make ur hair sticky since a little of this goes a long way.

I also like that my hair can still move.

I love kinky curly curling custard and use it for twist-outs and when I wash-n-go. The jar is about $25 but it lasts for a month or so on my 4a natural hair - I wash 1-2x / week. I would say this product keeps my hair moisturized and beats those knots and tangles.

KC spiral spritz is nice but a little frustrating to work with because it's a thick spray gel. I still like to use it for refreshing curls on the 3rd or 4th day. Since I'm only using it once or twice each week, I imagine this bottle will last a few months. It's good enough to repurchase but it's not a must have.

The knot today detangler does not work for me.

Back