Kinky-Curly curling custard question

FAMUDva

Hey Ladies, how do you keep your hair from being crunchy with KCCC?

Initially I conditioner washed with a combo I made that had coconut oil, rosemary oil, sunsilk, and suave humectress. After CW, I did NOT towel dry. I added Knot Today (by Kinky-Curly) leave in, then proceeded to add KCCC like the youtube chicks do it (using my denman). Turns out I used too much product the first try because my hair had white specs as it dried.
Hair was kinda crunchy!

2nd attempt was a full shampoo with Jane Carter's moisturizing shampoo followed by the Knot Today leave in. THEN I used less KCCC via just fingercombing through my hair. NO white specs, BUT my hair was even CRUNCHIER!

How do you prevent crunchiness? The product does work wiht my curls, but I don't like crunch! HELP.

Maybe you could try a moisturising conditioner as a leave-in. I've tried this product and it dries crunchy, it is moisturizing for like 2-3 days, but I don't like the lack of definition of my curls, ACV and SIlicon mix give me better curl definition. I'm just using it up I don't like it at all.

Maybe you could try a moisturising conditioner as a leave-in. I've tried this product and it dries crunchy, it is moisturizing for like 2-3 days, but I don't like the lack of definition of my curls, ACV and SIlicon mix give me better curl definition. I'm just using it up I don't like it at all.

I may have to play with recipes because I don't think I like the product much.

When I got my KCCC, I thought I would follow the method on youtube with the girl using her denman brush but instead, I just followed the directions on the tub and I didn't get crunchy hair. I just raked it through with my fingers. It took less time then the denman would for me.

Back