Kerasmooth and breakage!

MDinLA

I had Kerasmooth done 1 week ago. When I did my first wash at home 1 week later my hair fell out in clumps! Has this ever happened to anyone? Any recommendations? I have had this treatment before without any problems. I don't know what happened this time.

I have never heard of it. Is it like a relaxer? I'm sorry this is happening to you :( have you tried doing a protein treatment?

Sorry this happened to you! From my brief check on this product, I see a lot of negative reviews...although no one complained about hair loss. Because this is a protein product, I'd say do a Lot of heavy moisture DC's, and really baby your hair. A ton of protein, plus a ton of heat just isn't for everyone...don't worry, I'm sure if you keep your moisture high it will help the breakage a lot.

Are you relaxed or natural because there is another thread on this forum saying its for virgin hair.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=405150

Here's the quote.

4. Can it be applied to relaxed hair?No, it cannot. But there are 2 types of formulas. One for virgin/resistant hair and the other for chemically treated hair. I am sure this is because the virgin/resistant formula is stronger. With the chemically treated formula you apply part of the treatment to the NG and another part to the previously relaxed hair.

Sorry this happened to you! From my brief check on this product, I see a lot of negative reviews...although no one complained about hair loss. Because this is a protein product, I'd say do a Lot of heavy moisture DC's, and really baby your hair. A ton of protein, plus a ton of heat just isn't for everyone...don't worry, I'm sure if you keep your moisture high it will help the breakage a lot.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will do a few deep conditioning treatments. Hopefully it stops it in it's tracks.

Back